PDA

View Full Version : Silver Mail/Golden Armor

Skyblade
02-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I've been playing FFVIII recently with the intention of making a perfect save file (or as close as I can come to one). Thanks to the tips of the people here about the way to recover modified rare cards, I've had very little problems thus far. But one item that I have had difficulty acquiring is Golden Armor. It is the item that teaches GFs GF-HP +30%. I have yet to find any enemies that drop it, and no cards modify into it. The only way I have found to get this item is to modify five Silver Mails into one Gold Armor. But this takes a while, since the only place I can find Silver Mails is as a rare drop from Snow Lions in Trabia. Even with Rare Item, it's taking me a while to collect the items. So my question is, does anyone know an easier way to get Gold Armor or Silver Mail? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Doors
02-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Search gamefaqs.

SeeDRankLou
02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
The only easier way I can think of is to use the Chocoboworld item trick. And even then it probably won't work much faster.

rubah
02-25-2005, 12:36 AM
!

Angelo search:D

Head to esthar, get in a battle with a turtapod, make it squeeze up in its shell (cast bio/pain on it then use an antidote when it cowers) and wait for angelo to show up.

There is an AWESOME faq on gamefaqs. And you do get the stuff. I know for sure I've gotten golden armor and a hungry cookpot, and a lot of the other stuff.

and it can be handsfree, too:)

Skyblade
02-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Nice. Time consuming, if I'm right (I've never once seen Angelo Search. Come to think of it, Gilgamesh has never attacked either...). But since I don't need to be at the PS in order to get it, it is a much better option. Thanks.

Can you get the Ribbon through Angelo Search?

rubah
02-25-2005, 02:11 AM
No. That takes pocketstation:/ You can't get friendship and the other choco-world-only item either.

Gilgamesh has never shown up for me either. But angelo has, and will every time:D Just give him long enough^_^