PDA

View Full Version : Enix has NO credit!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Okay, I was at the local Wal-mart the other day and I saw Final Fantasy X on the twenty dollar shelf, and in the lower right corner where the company's name is I saw square-enix! Yes it's square enix now, but when ff X was made they werent here yet. So I think that credit should ONLY be given were it's due. And that even the newer copies of ffX should still only say "Squaresoft". What do you think?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
It's not like they went into the credits and added the names of a bunch of people who didn't do anything on the game. Get over it.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, as far as creator credit is concerned, Enix played no part in FFX. HOWEVER, when Squaresoft merged with them to become Square-Enix, SE bought all the rights to everything Squaresoft. That means SE owns FFX now, and therefore can put its logo on it, even though SE didn't exist when the game was originally released. It's kind of like the FleetCenter in Boston. When it was originally built, it was called the Shaumont Center, but Shaumont Bank got bought out by Fleet, and they changed the name of the stadium. It didn't matter that the building already existed, and technically, Fleet didn't build it. Things like that happen all the time. It's business. Whoever forks over the cash gets the right to display their name. That simple.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Square Enix was not some pre-existing company that came in and bought Squaresoft. Square and Enix merged, BECOMING Square Enix. No jobs were lost, no positions were changed--not in any important way, anyway.

rubah
02-25-2005, 12:55 AM
That's why the booklets have the notice 'All corporate entites mentioned herein are thus invalid and do not exist' or whatever.

That confused me so much when I got ff8 and ff9. then I realized 'oh, they're saying squaresoft doesn't exist anymore. makes sense:/'

Kamrusepas
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM
But why is it that as soon as they became Enix, they made the first absolutely crappy "FF"?

TheAbominatrix
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
X-2 was almost completly done by the time Enix merged. Why is it the first absolutely crappy one? Because *gasp* Square isnt perfect!

Get over blaming everything Square does wrong on everyone but Square. Please. For the love of God. It's so infuriating to hear everyone constantly whining about Enix.

If the next Star Ocean sucks, I'm blaming it completly on Square. Because certainly, Enix could never screw up! Enix is perfect, so if the next game in their excellent series is bad, it's Square's fault.

Mirage
02-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Star Ocean isn't made by Enix/the Enix part of S-E anyway :P. Only distributed through them.
And yes, the developement teams are still the same. It's not like half the Final Fantasy team were switched with Enix dudes.

TheAbominatrix
02-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I know, it's just an example because it's a series, like FF.

Mirage
02-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Actually, I just read at the back of my Star Ocean 3 cover. It does indeed say "Developed by Square Enix Co.", but it's still copyrigthed to Tri Ace. I dunno exactly what this means.

TheAbominatrix
02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Hm... maybe they had a bit more of a hand in the development than previously. I cant remember what SO2 said. Interesting.

Strider
02-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Well, the game itself still says "Squaresoft Presents".

Mirage
02-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I just think it means S-E owns a bit of Tri Ace. I don't think they interfere with the production.

Xalioniaf
02-26-2005, 12:20 AM
That's why they re-realeased all of the PSAX products, then? I was wondering why my so-called used copy of FFA had the SE logo on it.