PDA

View Full Version : Goddamnit, Sakaguchi

SomethingBig
02-24-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3138609

Even though only Sakaguchi went, this could be a bad omen for the future. Ugh, I can't believe he sided with MS. Does this mean FFs will be made exclusive for the sux-box now?

DocFrance
02-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I thought Sakaguchi left Square soon after they finished FFX.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Even though only Sakaguchi went, this could be a bad omen for the future. Ugh, I can't believe he sided with MS. Does this mean FFs will be made exclusive for the sux-box now?Did you not read that Mist Walker is also developing a game for the Nintendo DS? That says better than anything else (besides common sense) that there's no exclusivity contract here. Besides, what Mist Walker does not determine what Square Enix does; they're two separate companies.

Destai
02-24-2005, 11:15 PM
So hes through with FF?

Erdrick Holmes
02-24-2005, 11:16 PM
I never heard of Mist Walker.

SomethingBig
02-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Did you not read that Mist Walker is also developing a game for the Nintendo DS? That says better than anything else (besides common sense) that there's no exclusivity contract here. Besides, what Mist Walker does not determine what Square Enix does; they're two separate companies.
The game his company's making for the DS doesn't necessarily have to be an FF. And my last sentence was basically a question in which company now has rights to Final Fantasy.

Mirage
02-25-2005, 12:35 AM
The only thing this article tells us is that MS' console will get RPG games from them. There is no reason to believe that they will only develop RPGs for one platform.
Also, this whole "omg sided with" thing is silly, as long as we're not talking about MS buying 51% of Mistwalker.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-25-2005, 12:39 AM
The game his company's making for the DS doesn't necessarily have to be an FF. And my last sentence was basically a question in which company now has rights to Final Fantasy.Of course Square Enix has the rights to Final Fantasy. Mist Walker's games won't be Final Fantasy games any more than Uematsu's new compositions will be Final Fantasy music.

ArchAnemone
02-25-2005, 04:36 AM
The DS title they are working on is not the same as the two exclusive future Xbox 360/2/Next games. And they won't be Final Fantasy games; the above poster is correct, that intellectual property is still the property of Square-Enix. New IP entirely. Pretty interesting if you ask me. Sony's probably gonna want to sign another exclusivity deal for FF games in response, so your next gen console choice may come down to a decision between FF and games made by the father of FF.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590650p1.html
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200502/N05.0224.1847.39665.htm

DJZen
02-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Which is like a WWE plot.

Wiegrahf42
02-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Can't say I blame him. While credited as the producer of X he didn't have much to do with it. Odd that that was when the games started to go downhill.