PDA

View Full Version : Hounds of Love

Doc Sark
02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Has anyone heard the Futureheads cover of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love. It's absolutely brilliant, unfortunately I think it says a lot about a band when their best song is a cover... :rolleyes2

Cz
02-25-2005, 08:32 PM
The Futureheads have plenty of other good songs though. The only reason that Hounds of Love is their most popular track is that people are familiar with it, which isn't the case with Decent Days and Nights and Meantime, their other two singles.

Doc Sark
02-25-2005, 08:34 PM
When I said best, I should have said "most popular". I'm not knocking the futureheads because I'm a fan of they're music, but it bothers me that they had to release a cover to get recognised more.

Lindy
02-25-2005, 08:35 PM
The Futureheads, ah, one of the many brilliant bands coming out of the UK right now.

Along with Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Maximo Park.

I like the Futureheads album, downloaded a sneaky advance of it, all the tracks are very good.

They're akin to The Libertines, only infinitely more polished and likeable.

Cz
02-25-2005, 08:52 PM
When I said best, I should have said "most popular". I'm not knocking the futureheads because I'm a fan of they're music, but it bothers me that they had to release a cover to get recognised more.Sadly the biggest challenge for new bands is to gain mainstream recognition, as talent and innovation aren't guarenteed to get you success. A cover is a quick way to get the public's attention, but if you're not careful your subsequent releases will fail to live up to expectations.

I think The Futureheads have made a good move by going for a cover of medium obscurity. It also suits their style very well, and I doubt people will be disappointed with the rest of their album.

The Futureheads, ah, one of the many brilliant bands coming out of the UK right now.

Along with Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Maximo Park.

I like the Futureheads album, downloaded a sneaky advance of it, all the tracks are very good.

They're akin to The Libertines, only infinitely more polished and likeable.The UK music scene is very strong at the moment, and the bands you pointed out are great examples of exciting new groups that are gaining deserved popularity. It's been a while since I had so many CDs to buy. :)

Lindy
02-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Don't forget the couple of decent things coming out of America, like the latest Bright Eyes albums, and my personal favourite, The Bravery.

But, the UK music scene is, rather exceptionally, stronger and more impressively new.