PDA

View Full Version : Vagrant Story issues

LifeAsABullet
02-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Now this game I have to say I'm having a hard time understanding and getting through cause I think it's way too repetitive and the boxes and crates are just beyond annoying doing all the time..does it eventually change or what? I haven't look it up at all online so I don't really have a clue, I'm probably just a couple hours into the game so I need some words of advice, is the game tolerable?

Alice
02-26-2005, 02:30 AM
ive tried playing it but everytime i get somewhere interesting i just stop... lol..

itd be better with voice acting :)

Cloud775
02-26-2005, 03:02 AM
I hear a lot of good stuff about this game. Although, I heard that near the ending the hero goes on a new adventure. Most people think that that game needs to have a sequal. That would be so cool wouldn't it?

LifeAsABullet
02-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Well I wouldn't know but perhaps an enhanced sequel yes..I don't know..it's just sitting on my TV getting dustier by the moment..jeesh :p

My name is...something..?
03-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the game pretty much stays the same until the end(box puzzles and such) and I know what you are talking about when you say you play a little then just stop(took me a couple months to play through the whole thing because I got bored)but near the end the story line kind of picked up and I couldn't stop playing for a while.
I don't know if you've seen the ending so I won't spoil it but it actually sets up a sequel at the end, why they haven't worked on it is beyond me. If they got rid of the annoying box puzzles it would probably be one of my favorite games

Necronopticous
03-05-2005, 06:55 AM
This game is one of my favorite video games of all time but I don't know too many people who have played it all the way through. I, personally, loved just about everything the game offered including the box puzzles and insane difficulty of the game itself. Many people will not find aspects like this pleasurable in a game so if you're not enjoying the game just a couple hours in I don't see it getting any better for you. My suggestion is to always play until you manage to get to the first "outside" segment, if you don't like the game by then you probably will not warm up to it. The game has an excellent story and, in my opinion, excellent playability but like I said, not everyone is going to think so.

My name is...something..?
03-05-2005, 07:55 AM
That's exactly what I thought, once I got out of the wine cellar I got more into the game, because it lost that claustrophobic/horror feel... I also like what they did with the final eight bosses.

Even though I think the puzzles are stupid and the fighting kind of clunky I got hooked because of the story, no matter what anyone says this is easily one of the best stories in PS games

Cless
03-06-2005, 06:12 AM
I had trouble getting into it and I considered quitting at one point, but I persevered and was hooked when the storyline picked up a bit. I finished it, but I did find the gameplay quite strange and sometimes fiddly. I thought the story was nothing short of fantastic though. The music deserves a mention also.

Question if you've finished it:
Do you think that was his own family, or not? If I remember correctly, wasn't this left quite open?

mike without a hat
03-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I want to get into it and all the way through it but i play it for a while then i get frustrated with all the boxes and repedetive hallways and rooms so i stop playing it for a month. Then when i come back i start it up and i think to myself, Crap! i cant remember what im supposed to do. Plus i cant figure out the magic or that weapon making thing systems. :cry:

Lord Chainsaw
03-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I recommend you buy the strategy guide for the game if you're having trouble getting through it. Normally I would not recommend using a guide on a first playthrough, but because Vagrant Story is a very challenging game, I do recommend it in this case. Don't worry about spoilers in the guide. The author knows that Vagrant Story is an exceptional game, and makes an effort not to ruin the magnificent plot.

Vagrant Story itself is my third favorite game of all time. It's not so much the story itself, but the overall presentation of it that makes this game such a masterpiece.

But bottom line is, if you're lost now, you need the guide.

Dreddz
03-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I played for a couple of hours.Just confusing repetitive and boring.Theres no towns or anything.I will probably go back but so far I think its terrible.Dunno why people say its really great get into Grandia or Alundra instead