PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross help

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 11:54 PM
OK, I haven't played CC in a while. A long while. My save file is lost. However, I do remember why I stopped playing it. YOu see, some time after having Serge and that...lion...guy replace bodies, and going to the sea of the dead, I thought I was on top of the world. Then I got to the end of the dungeon. There was a guy who seemed to try to ttalk to Serge Lion guy and when he wouldn't listen, he transformed into a giant knight. This knight was a white element, to he pretty much killed Serge Lion and then picked off the other two. Now that I'm restarting, I want to be prepared. What things should I do to prepare for this battle. I.E. What party members should I seek out, what memebers should I leave behind, etc.

Maya
02-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Iīm afraid I canīt help you if you donīt clear your request a bit.
I advise you to read some walkthroughs etc. and then ask.
Iīm not sure did you ment an isle of damned or the dead sea as the place you were.
????????

Xalioniaf
02-26-2005, 09:23 PM
It wasn't the Isle of the Damned. That's the place with the bones, I remeber. It was the dead sea. All the guides I've read basically say "This is a hard battle. Pray for victory."

Maya
02-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Then I believe you mean Miguel as the boss, right?
Yes itīs a very difficult battle in your first game. In the new game+ itīs easy.
Just remember not to have any more charachters innating black than Lynx/Serge and have daemon charm equiped on him.
Have a lot of healing elements like heal all etc. and give black elements to all charachters in your party.
You know when heīs about to use his most powerful attack when he casts weakminded on some of your charachter. Then heal fast and revive if needed.
Try to cast as much black elements as you can, but it can make him attack even harder. I tried to attack with weapons and when it feeled safe I used elements.
Just try to keep all your party alive and secure their status.
White plate would be very handy, but itīs onl available in the new game+ in this point of the game.Itīs going to be difficult, but even I get it through, and Iīm not that good. Patience is needed. The force will be with you! >D

cloud20747
02-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Actually he's talking about Glenn and Dario's father can't remember his name. Who will be in your party?

Maya
02-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Actually he's talking about Glenn and Dario's father can't remember his name. Who will be in your party?

I donīt think so. Thereīs no one else in the dead sea than Miguel.
If you mean Garai, heīs in the isle of the damned.
And it wasnīt the place.
Though the description sounded like Garai.

Karsh
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Both Garai and Miguel are tough oppentents. In either case, make sure that you are equiped with stone mail and helments. You should have at least two Revives by now so have them allocated along with as several Cure Pluses and Heal Alls, as you should heal every time you get hit. Since both Garai's and Miguel's stongest attack elements are white, I don't reccomend using Recover Alls, as this will strengthen their attacks. If you have any Inferno, that will help alot, 'cause it could put your enemy in a "burns" status which will weaken his physical defense. If you got a few low resistance elements, then use each right before your stongest magics, and that will hurt him even more.

Above all, stay healthy. I find it's easier to concentrate on healing and using physicals attack rather than a whole lot of magic. It makes the battle last longer, but it's safer. Good luck to you.

Destination0
03-01-2005, 04:51 AM
sorry but I dont know whats so hard about that battle...
I dont remember which stratergy I used but
only thing I can tell u right now is u might want to level up a bit and try to get some high level spells...like inferno, etc...just because he is white element doesnt mean u have to stick with the black element attack...try mixing things up...
havent played CC in long time so sorry I cannot guide u precisely

Giga Guess
03-05-2005, 05:25 PM
A risk, but I know Harle's Moonbeams helped out a bit....but as she is Black Elemental, she can be a liability too...(BTW, this was my experience with Garai...I'm a little nervous about Miguel...)

Masamune·1600
03-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Garai and Miguel are both White Innate. Therefore, for either, keep the field as Black as possible.

I suppose a good generic strategy for both fights would be to allocate every Revive, as well as sufficient healing Elements. However, given that you want to keep White off the field, HealAll is certainly more preferable to RecoverAll in these fights. Pound away with as many Black attacks as possible. I would also recommend setting traps for HolyLight when fighting Miguel.

Fourleafclover
04-27-2005, 05:21 AM
I need some Chrono Cross help too! :D

Since it's just one question I thought I'd piggyback it off this thread instead of starting my own.

What team up of monsters do you find the best when trying to win the Iron Man Competition on the S.S. Zelbess? Janice keeps knocking down each time! I'm trying to save the big guns until the third battle but am having a tough time of it.

Masamune·1600
04-27-2005, 05:35 AM
If you learn Monsters for Sprigg's Döpplegang ability, you'll also pick up additional Monsters to use in the battle. It can be won with the initial ones, of course, but adding to your options is a good idea if the present list is causing problems. If you don't like using Sprigg, you also have the option of memorizing Monsters with a Forget-me-not Pot.

Giga Guess
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I beat Miguel....the only tips I can really give are:

1) Heal FULLY when he starts to sag. He uses that opportunity to cast HolyLight, I think, or something to that effect.

2) At that same time, cast MagNegate (Starky comes with it equipped, but I don't think you can get it anywhere else, so I think you'll only get one shot at it.....)

As for Janice....A lot of the baddies from Chronopolis are quite effective.

Fourleafclover
04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys. I'll poke around and get better monsters.

Sarah Shirato
05-10-2005, 06:34 AM
It wasn't the Isle of the Damned. That's the place with the bones, I remeber. It was the dead sea. All the guides I've read basically say "This is a hard battle. Pray for victory."I give the best advise: Equiped "Daemon Charms" and it should run smothy for you.. make sure you "Black Spells" like "LunaBlast" or"Moonshine" and allow Lynx( Which is Serge by the way..) to use "Ferral Cats" or "Forever Zero" on him.. I hope this helps.. ;) :love: