PDA

View Full Version : The mime

Wiegrahf42
02-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Has anyone ever used the mime effectively? If so what did you do? Just curious.

mike without a hat
02-26-2005, 04:55 AM
I tried a few times, failed, and havent used one since.

UltimaLimit
02-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I have. He was excellent for target practice.

Despotus
02-28-2005, 12:55 AM
I rarely use a mime. But when I do, I have found them most effective at mimicing Calculated spells. For instance: if you miss a spell like Dont Move or Dont act, or Stop or Slow... your mime will cast the exact same spell on the same targets, effectively doubling your chances of affecting the targets. If you bring your party into a battle with some status-stopping equipment like 108 Gems and Thief Hats, maybe Black Costumes or Ribbons and Barrettes, you can totally paralyze every enemy or just let loose some well-calculated Flares and Holies...
The Mime also makes a good thief if stealing equipment is your aim. Surround an immobile enemy with thieves and mimes and you'll strip him bare in no time! :cool:

Wiegrahf42
02-28-2005, 02:18 AM
Doesn't the Mime have to be facing a specific way to direct the attacks?

Despotus
02-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, in the case of calculated spells, it wouldn't matter which way the mime is facing. And if you're stealing, just have everyone facing the targeted enemy. The thieves will steal from the person directly in front of them, and so will the mimes. But in general, yes, the mime will attack a panel the same distance from it as the attacker is from his target in the case of spells and geomancy and punch arts etc...

dodhungry
03-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I hardly ever use the mime and it is the only class I lack a level 8 in. :mad:

I kinda like having a few mimes with Orlandu and Agrias in the team.

Alder
03-15-2005, 02:56 AM
I've found mimes to be great... I leveled up a few of my generics from about level 60-70 up to 99 as Mimes, for the stat growth, and they became pretty powerful. Male mimes end up with very good PA... at 90+, my two male mimes were hitting for 300-400 per hit. My strongest female mime could hit for 200-300. They were all fast, too. 13-14 speed. They can be very effective fighters; I'd attack with them, and then Ramza would have his turn. I'd attack with a Chaos Blade and then all of the mimes would hit again with Chaos Blades. I used 3 mimes along with Ramza and Reis, so each mime could potentially hit 3 times in succession before the enemy's next turn.

The trick to using them is what you use them with. Miming summons works great, because summons target a large area. Just stand a mime next to the summoner when he casts. Mimes have pretty good MA, too, especially the females. Female mimes can do good damage with magic.

Miming calculated spells is an excellent tactic, because the mimes will hit all of the same targets, and they have good MA.

They're also great with Draw Out, which is what I had on Ramza the whole time. It takes some strategy, but I often devastated the other side by positioning my mimes and then using Kikuichimoji. With 3 mimes, that's 4 Kikiuichimojis at once... it's like heavy artillery.

If you spread a few mimes out, you can use Murasame, Kiyomori, or Masamune over a large area and easily affect all of your units. If you have two mimes next to each other, they'll both use Murasame and so they'll get healed twice.

If you move them into good position, you can hit all of the enemies with multiple Muramasa or Chirijiraden at once. That can be devastating as well. And, something I noticed, in my experience this works. If you use Chirijiraden with no enemies nearby, it won't break... at least, I've never seen it break if it didn't take effect. But the mimes will still mime it, and they can't break it. So you can use it freely in that way, and it is very effective with their MA.

Mimes are also great with a Dancer. They'll all mime the Dance each time, and effectively.

So those are the best ways I found to use mimes... I was doing great in random battles in Deep Dungeon, and having a lot of fun, using 3 mimes with Ramza and Reis. I'd recommend mimes to everyone.

Kiwi Nazi
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
can u guys tell me how to get a mime? i have a lv. 8 chemist and squire but i don't know what else i need.

RedCydranth
03-26-2005, 10:01 PM
To be the Mime, you need to be a Lv. 8 Squire, Lv. 8 Chemist, Lv. 4 Geomancer, Lv. 4 Lancer, Lv. 4 Mediator and Lv. 4 Summoner.

Wiegrahf42
03-27-2005, 04:47 AM
I may have a go with mimes. Remember how effective Gogo was in FFVI?

TurkSlayer
03-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Its not the same as Gogo. Gogo is easier to control. I'm personally not good with a mime.

conan
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Mimes are great fun for all those reasons stated above, however they cannot mimic monsters, and they cannot do special abilities that are not avaialable to them normally, such as Ramza's yell, or Orlandu's night sword, Agrias stasis, so on. Any regular ability that they are able to learn, they can mimic. I like giving my main man two swords and speed break, surround an enemy with mimes and do speed break - your main man attacks twice, and then all your mimes will speed break, most likely lowering the poor chap's speed down to 1 in 1 turn, basically talking out of the FIGHT! HEHE HAHAHAHA. damn caps lock. anyway, for some reason when you attack with two swords, the mime only mimics the first sword.....however, that was a squire with two swords ability, maybe we would mimic ann actual ninja's two swords? either way, it makes no sense.

Alder
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Mimes are great fun for all those reasons stated above, however they cannot mimic monsters, and they cannot do special abilities that are not avaialable to them normally, such as Ramza's yell, or Orlandu's night sword, Agrias stasis, so on. Any regular ability that they are able to learn, they can mimic. I like giving my main man two swords and speed break, surround an enemy with mimes and do speed break - your main man attacks twice, and then all your mimes will speed break, most likely lowering the poor chap's speed down to 1 in 1 turn, basically talking out of the FIGHT! HEHE HAHAHAHA. damn caps lock. anyway, for some reason when you attack with two swords, the mime only mimics the first sword.....however, that was a squire with two swords ability, maybe we would mimic ann actual ninja's two swords? either way, it makes no sense.

No, it does make sense. Two Swords is not an action. Mimes mimic the attack action, but they don't mimic the support ability.

Just like if you attack someone with Attack Up or Martial Arts, the mime will mimic the action of attacking, but doesn't get the bonus of your support skill.

conan
04-05-2005, 09:01 AM
so then, they use two swords when mimicing ninjas?

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 07:23 PM
for the record.....gogo was only good because you could set other peoples skills on his thing lol. And mimes can be fun, but not usefull, why mimic abilities when you could set him up as you wish, and if at level 99 your only doing 200-300 and 300-400 your deffinetly not proving anything, at lvl 80+ my guys do 500-999......and thats non mine, like ninja with attack up/night with 2 sword ability, and the girl, *runs to room real quick to check* wasnt damage based but speed based, in order to use knight attacks twice, and the guy was damage based, but either way, if your gunna bother inviting....(im soon to play through the game not inviting anyone), might as well just use ramza/orlandu/mustadio/beowulf/agries(or reis). Ramza and Orlandu are power houses, constantly hitting for 700-999, mustadio and beowulf are everything you need to completely rune your opponents, disable move, act, faith+any status ailment, and reis, get her equip armor ability and main class and shell have the most health (pointless but fun like mimes) or agries, who is a half-as-strong orlandu no matter how you look at it. So in my oppinion, no, mimes have no purpose other than fun.

Vod
05-06-2005, 06:38 PM
People think i'm weird for this but I always use Ramza to be a mime, sound odd you say? well trying saying that when you have 4 dancers to assist him, HA!!1

Lich3636
05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Mimes are the greatest job in tactics but you have to think ahead or you will fail Mimes are best paired with jobs thats spells/abilitiys wont hurt your allies incase you make a mistake. Samurai and Calculators are the best party members with mimes