PDA

View Full Version : Logos

Rostum
02-26-2005, 12:03 PM
These are two logos I made in Photoshop. My dad decided to get me to try and make one for his new management company, to see if he could use any. Well he ended up picking the second one, but I think I need to change the shadow and stuff on it. >.>;

Don't mind the name of it, I couldn't be bothered taking it off.

Tell me what you guys think.

Sepho
02-26-2005, 03:42 PM
That's a really good combination of bevel/3D and bitmap filter effects. Your Photoshop skills are commendable. The only thing I'd recommend is to try to clean up the edges of the ring that hold the globe.

I probably couldn't produce something like that. I'm crap with filters.

Rostum
02-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah they need to be re-done to look cleaner. Just been mucking around with filters and the such in the past month or so.

Maybe I should put up some small tutorials to get these kinds of effects, for photoshop? It's seriously easy, just requires a bit of time to understand.

Sepho
02-27-2005, 12:02 AM
I'd probably read them. Most of my photoshopping consists of 2D images where the majority of the effects come from multiple layers and different opacity settings. They're primarily web site graphics and stuff along those lines, so I work more on my skills with vector tools and the various selection tools for shapes. I haven't developed much skill with bitmap filters as a result, but I'd like to eventually.

Rostum
02-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, you'd be suprised what you can actually do with a combination of image manipulation, filters and effects.

I'll see what I can do. =P

Rainecloud
02-27-2005, 08:33 AM
I came into this thread expecting Fanart of Logos from Final Fantasy X-2. I'm now sorely disappointed.

They look very nice to me.

Shlup
02-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Daaaamn, boi. Yous can Photoshop.

Carnage
02-27-2005, 02:38 PM
i like them. your obviously very skilled in photoshop.

Rostum
02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks. =)

I'm sorry Rainecloud. ;_;

kikimm
02-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Argh. I read the title wrong, and thought it was legos.

But now that I've seen it's logos, and looked at you're work, I'm impressed. Not bad...not bad at all.

:D