PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears on PS2

DocFrance
02-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Has anybody else experienced problems when playing XG on the PS2? Lately (I'm fighting random battles in the desert right after the Stalactite Cave) my game has been glitching at random - the screen goes all funky, the music slows down, and I have to restart the system. The game works perfectly fine for me when I'm playing it on my computer using ePSXe.

MecaKane
02-26-2005, 04:56 PM
That happened a few times, to me. Not really randomly, though, a scene in solaris, and a random room in that other place that's all flying around. I just turned the disk speed down and it worked.

DocFrance
02-26-2005, 05:22 PM
How do you do that, and how much did you turn it down?

Erdrick Holmes
02-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Doc, I just gt XGs in my mail today, what disc speed did you have it set for while you wre getting the glitch?

I encountered a glitch like that when I played Suikoden II on my PS2, the reset button cleared that up, though.

MecaKane
02-27-2005, 02:26 AM
How do you do that, and how much did you turn it down?
If you don't know how to change it, it was probably at the default, lowest, with no graphics addons. So I dunno how to fix it.
For future refrence, for other games. To change how it runs PSX games, turn on the PS2 without a disk in, or with the tray open, triangle to get into the menu, go down to Playstation Version whatever and press triangle to get into its menu. Some games have problems with high disk speeds, or graphics smoothing, though.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
*screams*

I thought it was my disk all this time! Maybe I can use an emulator or do what MecaKane suggested.

Does FFVIII do this in FMVs near the end of disc1, or is it scratched?

MecaKane
03-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes it does, I turned the disk speed down and they worked fine.

Behold the Void
03-15-2005, 01:36 AM
I actually did get a few glitches when I played through. I thought it was the disk. I'll have to try that.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-15-2005, 02:12 AM
didn't work :(

Behold the Void
03-15-2005, 04:36 AM
May actually be the disk in your case then.

Vyk
03-30-2005, 12:52 AM
My PS2 itself glitched. I was one of those dumb people you hear about that use it as a DVD player, and it froze. Had to force the tray open to get the movie out. Seemed to work fine after that, till I popped in a game. Everything was wonky and didn't line up (voice, sound effects, graphics looked like crap). So I tried an old PS1 game, figuring it'd be easier on the system. I chose XG. The sound was crap and it ran really slow. So now I dunno if that's just normal or if it was the hardware malfunction I caused. I set it aside for like half a year. Finally decided to give it a try once before buying a new one 'cause I got tired of living without one. Knocked it over upon setting it up. Works great now... Haven't had any problems on my recent playthrough of XG. So I'm guessing it was the thing I caused. In fact I've never had any real problems with PS1 games.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-30-2005, 05:49 AM
What do you mean by knocking it over upon setting it up?

I am having probs playing PS1 games on my PS2, specifically FFVIII and XG.