PDA

View Full Version : What Are Dark Aeons?

~Summoner~
02-26-2005, 06:39 PM
:confused: wut are dark aeons? :confused: sum1 plz tell me!

Ultima Shadow
02-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Dark Aeons are the purpose of my life. :)

No, seriously... they are extremely strong, dark copies of your own aeons. They are some of the most enjoyable battles in the game and when you've killed them all you're able to fight a boss called "Penance" who's the statically strongest boss ever in a FF game. :cool:

They only exist in the PAL version tough...

lulusgirl
02-26-2005, 08:16 PM
i know this is a ffz thread but you have to fight them in x-2 and they are weak
:confused: wut are dark aeons? :confused: sum1 plz tell me!

~Summoner~
02-26-2005, 11:27 PM
thanks..but uh..wut's the PAL version

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!

U fight ur aeons at the end of ffx...so are they dark aeons(too)?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Xander
02-26-2005, 11:53 PM
PAL version is the European release of the game, ie. Dark aeons aren't in the NTSC version released in the USA. I think that's right. ^^

They are not the same as the aeons you use at the end of FFX, they're not related at all really. Dark Aeons just appear in a few places near the end of the game (after the airship? I don't remember). They are difficult and mean and you need to at least get break damage limit to have a chance with them ;_; If you search for dark aeons in this forum, you can probably find a lot of threads with more details on them =)

alexholker
02-27-2005, 02:22 AM
In background terms, I think they are just the Aeons summoned by a few selected Yevonites, the best of the best summoners. Just like Issaru and the other summoners, they'd have their own individual 'copy' of the Aeon, just like Yuna does.

In game terms, they are very nasty bosses, who are immune to all status effects, Scan and breaks, and are often immune to elemental attacks too. If you find one without preparing first, expect to get stomped into the dirt in short order.

Because the Celestial Weapons ignore the target's defence, I would recommend the use of these rather than customised uber-weapons.

Ultima Shadow
02-27-2005, 03:30 PM
i know this is a ffz thread but you have to fight them in x-2 and they are weak
Those are not the "dark aeons", just the normal aeons in dark forms. The "dark aeons" are in FFX.

Destai
02-27-2005, 04:22 PM
finally, something to be grateful for!
(living in Europe that is)

Chopseuy
02-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Dark Aeons = Tough ass hell to kill and beat. Yeah, use your Celestial Weapons because they do ignore defense. There is actually someone harder then Nemesis? Whoa.. :)

Skyblade
02-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Dark Aeons = Tough ass hell to kill and beat. Yeah, use your Celestial Weapons because they do ignore defense. There is actually someone harder then Nemesis? Whoa.. :)

Really? I didn't know that. Actually, I've been wondering something about these weapons. Why does Auron with the Masamune and 255 Strength do less damage than Tidus with the Caladbolg and 255 Strength?

alexholker
02-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Chopsuey: I would say that Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit are easier to kill than Nemesis. I can't say how the others compare though.

Skyblade: You are aware that the different characters' celestial weapons do more damage in different situations? Most of the weapons do more damage when the character's HP is high, but Yuna's and Lulu's do more damage based on their number of MP, and Auron's does more damage when his HP is low.

Angra Mainyu
02-28-2005, 08:36 AM
yeah, auron's celestial weapon does it's maximum damage when he is on critically low hp. to keep him that way, get either auto-phoenix armour or continually cast auto-life on him so when he gets up he will have about 3,000 hp.

I just beat catastrophe for the first time with no aeons :)

Ultima Shadow
02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Chopsuey: I would say that Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit are easier to kill than Nemesis. I can't say how the others compare though.

Dark Ixion is also easier and Dark Shiva is about equall... the rest of the dark aeons are harder.

Chopseuy
03-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Yeah, hmm. Awesome. Cause I beat Nemesis. I would aim on beating the Dark Aeons but I don't have the Euro Version. So I stuck with the Fiend capturing, and I killed Shinryu (hate this mofo) and Nemesis (wtf? go to hell you queer).

silent_ultima
03-06-2005, 11:10 AM
huhh??
Celestial Weapons ignore Defence? Damn it! Now I hafta beat that stupid Catcher Chocobo game with my stupid chocobo...

Fireblade13
04-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I wish I had a Euro version but my guys aren't that strong... I have a tough time on Earth eater. I have Yuna and Auron celestial full power and wakka I just reset the blitzball so all the Free A. are available and I can rule with guys under level 5!!

zwijnstijn
04-10-2005, 04:11 PM
naww , get juna's , auron's and ricku's celestial weapon , next get dark matters and give the others all a break damage limit on a weapon, .. sure your strength is above 150 , and you almost always give 99,999 damage with all , no need for all celestial weapons, besides wakka, rikku and tidus give less damage when HP is low , better make them a break dmg limit weapon. so if hp is low you still do max damage
except for nemesis and that anoying iron dude where you get hp sphere's from.. i give on all max dmg