PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna buy FFVI

Angra Mainyu
02-27-2005, 03:36 AM
i heard a lot about ffvi on a forum, some said that its better than ffvii. i didnt really ffvii was that good but then again i didnt get to finish it(disc 2 wouldnt work :cry: ). Ive been hearing a lot about this 'Kefka' fella, he seems pretty cool and screencaps of his dialouge are pretty funny.

Im gonna buy it on ebay for 5.50 pounds($12.37 because i live in aus).

While im expanding my collection can anyone advise any other good final fantasies.

Thanks in advance
p.s Im new ^_^

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 03:39 AM
Get all of them!

nik0tine
02-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Get all of them!

Except X-2.

Angra Mainyu
02-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I played adn finished X-2. The biggest bore-fest of a game ever. Rikku was so freaking annoying, if she shut-up every once in a while i might have gotten in to the game.

Also the story was kind of Meh

mythus
02-28-2005, 03:53 AM
I played adn finished X-2. The biggest bore-fest of a game ever. Rikku was so freaking annoying, if she shut-up every once in a while i might have gotten in to the game.

Also the story was kind of Meh

I have to agree with you there. But definetly try them all. Each has their own feel wwhich you may or may not like.

Angra Mainyu
02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

some one outbid me while i was sleeping and they got it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it's not fair :cry:

abrojtm
03-01-2005, 03:04 AM
That's funny that you criticize FFX-2 when you're named after a boss from it. :)

Anyway, you can try emulation for FFI-FFVI if it doesnt go against your morality or whatever.

Destination0
03-01-2005, 05:03 AM
well if u get ur hands on FF6 u certainly wont be disappointed

Angra Mainyu
03-01-2005, 10:56 AM
That's funny that you criticize FFX-2 when you're named after a boss from it. :)

Anyway, you can try emulation for FFI-FFVI if it doesnt go against your morality or whatever.

Was he really, well I based my name on the Angra Mainyu on persian mythology. Where did you have to fight it? I can't remember anyways.

I'll have to settle with playing a rom. so far i really like it and im only a half hour in.

Top Game *thumbs up*

Xalioniaf
03-01-2005, 01:41 PM
I just have it on anthologys. You could find it at Best Buy(if AU has a best buy)

Dormos
03-02-2005, 02:45 AM
i didnt really ffvii was that good but then again i didnt get to finish it(disc 2 wouldnt work :cry: ).

Dude... that sucks, you stopped right at what was undoubtedly the saddest FMV sequence ever. And missed out on one of the best games ever.

But yeah, go get FFVI. It's a great game, and it's hard to decide which is better, V, VI, or VII. They're all great. However, VI is highly underrated (which makes me wonder why on this site it says "considered by many to be the best FF of all time," most people just think that VII is. Some of the more hardcore nerds might think that VI is...), so I assume that it isn't for everyone. But the story, characters, and the battle system is great (with learning magic and choosing between like 57928579 characters).

Doomgaze
03-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Because the unwashed masses don't (didn't?) run the site, so it is agreed that FFVI is better :)

mythus
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Because the unwashed masses don't (didn't?) run the site, so it is agreed that FFVI is better

Which is why I even come here.

BahamutZer0
03-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, today I'm gonna go and buy Anthology, which has FFV and FFVI (I beleive).

BTW, X-2 was a great game! I love the battle system, the characters (not so much Rikku) and I freaked out (in a good way) the day I found out there was job classes!

Anyway, yah if you have the chance to get FFVI, get it.

Dormos
03-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Yeah, that has V and VI. Buying that was one of my best game buying decisions ever. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend going to get Anthology.

gil-galad
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
ive started playing FF6 just a couple of days ago and its great im certainly going to try and get the updated PSone version

Siegurd
03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
It's really hard to say what is the best FF, since just, so many of them are so good, its like picking the best bar of gold in a stack of them. The only one that is kind of -.- is ff2j, and thats only because I'm not a big fan of the leveling system, other than that its great. Haven't, and probably wont, play X-2, though.