PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Heaven

gismo
02-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Okies I have done the whole Chocobo thing, got every treasure chest aswel as all the secret hidden ones in the cracks and in the water and got Zidanes Ultimate weapon from the islands chest. :)

BUT

How do you get to keep chocobo in the heaven, the big God like Chocobo says he needs to complete his task but what else can I do?

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't think he ever stays there. Something about wanting to go with you on your adventures blah blah. I think if you've found all the treasures out there then Fat Chocobo will give you his card, but I could be wrong.

Azotar
02-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Well does that mean u dont have a proper answer?
Have u fought OZMA yet?

Ultimate99997
02-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Choco doesn't ever actually stay at Chocobo 'Paradise' (which is the right name I believe) - and the bit where the fat chocobo says that choco should go on an adventure actually involves a long sidequest where you must visit every beach area on the world map. Once you get to each one get off of choco and you will here a chime, then get back on and repeat the process for every beach. On the last one something will happen! From then on - every time you visit any beach you will be healed fully with all status ailments cured.

Unfortunately I never did this 'adventure' so if you do it something might happen when you visit fat chocobo again!!

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I've never heard of that before. Has anyone else?

TheSpoonyBard
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
No, that sounds a little farfetched. Why would you need to visit a beach to get cured when you can press 'Square' and use a Tent? Sounds like a rumour to me.

Ultimate99997
02-27-2005, 10:20 PM
It's true - this is taken from an official GameFaqs guide - I've also seen it on various other sites.........

XII)Chocobo's Revitalising Ability
=======================================================================
As an added bonus for finding all the treasures, Choco can learn to
restore your party's HP and MP completely, as well as remove any
status abnormalities. All you need to do is visit a beach.

What To Do???:
-------------
First, you have to find all the Chocograph treasures, Dead Pepper
treasures and at least, use a Dead Pepper ONCE to enter the Mognet
Central. Completing the side quest, 'Revival Of Mognet Central' is
optional.

Talk to Fat Chocobo and a scene between Zidane, Mene, Choco and Fat
Chocobo will occur.The Fat Chocobo will give you hints
about Chocobo's Revitalising Ability by saying:

"When you leave, try visiting all the world's beaches by yourself. Do
not fear the monsters."

"I'll grant you peace and restore you once you've visited them all."

Then the usual message that asks you whether you want to play a
card game will appear. Choose 'NO' if you do not want to play a
card game with Fat Chocobo. Fat Chocobo's cards seem to be all the
Chocobo card. Okay, back to the main topic. Exit Chocobo's Paradise
and head back to the World Map.

Now, ride Choco to ANY beach. If you press the X button while riding
Choco on a beach, Zidane will say like he should try walking. Now,
dismount and then press the Circle button. You should hear a chime.
Repeat this tedious process on every SINGLE beach in the World
until a message which says, "relaxed and watch the beach waves!"
After you have completed this tedious process, when you park your
Choco on any beach in the world, your party's HP and MP will be
completely healed and all status abnormalities will be removed.

Craig
02-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah i've heard of that before. Just never got around to doing it.

SoftReset
02-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I did the beach quest thing today actually. Whenever I press the "O" button on a beach this message comes up:

"Watched the waves around the world and relaxed!"

...and then the party is cured. Fat Chocobo still tells Zidane he should visit all the beaches and all that crap though...

Itsunari 2000
03-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I always wondered about that ... does it have anything to do with the 8 Sandals , Pearl Armlets and Straw Hats you find in the chests I wonder ?

Flamethrower
03-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I think the Sandals, Straw Hats, ect. were just there in case you wanted to make the game more difficult.

abrojtm
03-03-2005, 01:03 AM
You can play cards with Fat Chocobo for some rare and elusive cards, if you're into that kinda stuff. Your Chocobo will never stay there though, that would make Meene (is that right, my memory might be failing me) sad.

Azotar
03-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Hmm, interesting. I never thought FF IX was so long and mysterious. Well i also heard something about when u finninsh the game and the " THE END" appears, u press certain bottoms and u will play a mini Black Jack or something

Ultimate99997
03-06-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah, If you wish to do it just follow these instructions-
To access the mini-game in The End screen at the end of the game press: R2, L1, R2, R2, Up, Right, Circle, Down, Triangle, L2, R1, R2, L1, Square, Square and Start