PDA

View Full Version : Hardest story boss

Ultima Shadow
02-27-2005, 08:06 PM
The topic is simple: Who do you think is the hardest in-story boss ever in a FF game? :)
I think I'll have to go with either Necrophobe or X-Death, both from FFV. :choc2:

rubah
02-27-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't remember who necrophobe wasX.x; And X-death wasn't that hard if you spent the entire time mimicking bahamut;)

I found Queen Lamia in ff2j to be rather difficult. That or I kept reloading to see her try to seduce Frioniel so many times. . .

Flamethrower
02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm confused by the question. Do you mean who's the toughest boss according to storylines, or who is the toughest boss to defeat in gameplay?

Ultima Shadow
02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm confused by the question. Do you mean who's the toughest boss according to storylines, or who is the toughest boss to defeat in gameplay?
The toughest boss to battle in gameplay, ofcourse. The hardest non-optional battle.

Yea, none of the story bosses use to be difficult... but I found Necrophobe and X-Death to be the toughest.

Rase
02-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Either Zeromus (FFIV) or Lamia Queen (FFII). Chaos (FFI) can be quite difficult if he happens to use CUR4/Curaja 4 TIMES IN ONE BATTLE!!

Del Murder
02-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Probably something from FFV.

Destai
02-27-2005, 10:15 PM
From FFV the large spider tank in the N-Zone. I cant think of the name.

Flamethrower
02-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Right now, I'll say Evrae (spel?) from Final Fantasy X, the stupid dragon-thingy you battle on the airship. I've been trying for so long to beat it and I am still unsuccessful. Stupid Poison Breath...

Undecided
02-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I had considerable problems with the final boss in FFVIII, but I guess it was mostly my fault as I was bored with the game and didn't bother with neither drawing nor leveling for the last two discs.

I actually found X-Death to be one of the simplest end bosses in any FF, though. Just use Coin Toss and watch him scream.

FRODO LIVES
02-28-2005, 04:15 PM
i hated demons gate in FF7!I wasn't strong enough going into temple of the ancients so it took me ages to kill him. Not having any saved files outside temple of the ancients didn't hepl one bit...

rubah
02-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Now that you mention it, I remember getting stuck in front of that boss in ff7 too. I had planned on levelling some more, but couldn't get back, and my last save point was like an hour from then-_-

but you just gotta go and whip them sometimes.

Flamethrower
03-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Demon's Gate was a major pain in the ass, especially the first time I played. After many many tries, I finally lucked out and beat it because Cait Sith rolled a big number with Dice.

Braindead_Paul
03-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Twin Tania (FF5) is the only FF-boss I remember taking me more than 2-3 tries.

Dark Warrior
03-02-2005, 09:52 PM
X-death of FF5, I remember at least 5 tries,

kikimm
03-03-2005, 12:06 AM
I could pretend to be all cool, lie, and say a boss that's really, really hard, but honestly, it was Seymour, in his second form, from FFX. :( I KNOW he's not hard at all, but I just had the worst luck possible when fighting him. I must have done it 15, 20 times---WAY more times than I've ever spent on a boss. :(

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks a lot Shads.

:D

Braindead_Paul
03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Yesterday I changed my mind. My new hardest bosses are Ahriman and Dark Cloud (FF3). I was just too stupid to get prepared properly and couldn't go back to any shops etc.

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
I feel like an idiot now. Thanks a lot Shads.

No problem. :D

But it's nothing to be embraced about. Seymour is even harder than the Imps in FF4! :)

:p

Shoden
03-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Safer Sephiroth he can get about 5 Attacks before you get one if your not carefull he's only hard 1st time through

Xaven
03-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Hardest story boss, huh? I think I'll say the first time around with X-Death. After about a big # of tries I came up with the great strategy of Just leaving Lenna under zombie while she had the cure staff on, thus giving me a constant supply of hp with little need to cure myself. Once I did this, I beat him after only a few more tries.

chionos
03-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Pretty much all FF bosses can be trampled with adequate vertical strength(levels). And they're pretty much all moderately-insanely difficult with inadequate vertical strength. Which is the crux of FF's problem IMO, difficulty. There isn't a single boss that can't be defeated easily by leveling to 99. Besides Uber extraneous bosses like Emerald Weapon or any of the insane bosses like Cactuar King in FFX that you fight in the "corral", but even those can be slaughtered with careful horrizontal growth(maxed spheres, materia, etc)
Most of the FFT bosses k.i.c.k.e.d. m.y. a.s.s. the first time i fought them, b/c i was always ill-prepared, especially the Elmdor fight; I remember I was so excited when I killed Lede and Celia at the same time w/ a well timed bahamut(I think, Ramza was a smn at the time, mighta been another summon) but then....ultima demons....>_< dammitall!!!

Storm
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
The topic is simple: Who do you think is the hardest in-story boss ever in a FF game? :)
I think I'll have to go with either Necrophobe or X-Death, both from FFV. :choc2:

Necrophobe is actually an optional boss fight. You don't need to fight him unless you want a save point in the Cleft of Dimension.

Regardless, Neo-Exdeath is the toughest. I never found any ribbons, so Grand Cross messed me up every time.

Zante
03-14-2005, 07:39 PM
I would have to say Yunalesca from FFX.

Ultima Shadow
03-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Necrophobe is actually an optional boss fight. You don't need to fight him unless you want a save point in the Cleft of Dimension.

Oh, yea... I completely forgot that! :D But that save-point is almost too usefull to be considered optional... :p

FallenAngel411
03-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I must be the only idiot who finds Trance Kuja to be next to impossible.

I really suck at battles. :cry:

Chris
03-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Ultimecia: I had to fight her 10 times before I finally defeated the fiend.

FallenAngel411
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Ultimecia......I had to refine Bahamut's card into 100 megalixers, that was the only way I could beat her. After I had all those lovely 'lixers, she was a piece of cake. Well, until she started blowing away the magic junctioned to my health...... :sweatdrop

Martyr
03-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Yesterday I changed my mind. My new hardest bosses are Ahriman and Dark Cloud (FF3). I was just too stupid to get prepared properly and couldn't go back to any shops etc.

Exactly the two who I was going to mention, except that...
Ahriman is an optional boss!!!!!!!!!

Other than Dark Cloud, or a great deal of other the near impossibles from FFIII, the answer probably lies somewhere in the more wicked dungeons of FFIV. (I had a miserable time with that game)

Braindead_Paul
03-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Ahriman is an optional boss!!!!!!!!!

Really? I thought you couldn't beat Dark Cloud without the four Dark Warriors?

Martyr
03-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Really? I thought you couldn't beat Dark Cloud without the four Dark Warriors?

Are you positive? I think I remember a long, difficult battle with the bastard, (Which I expect I won) and I did it without the dark warriors the first time because I couldn't stand that same Ahriman punk.

But maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe I lost that battle, and every one of it's kind and only won the one that had the Dark Warrior involvement.
I thought that they were only helpful, and not imperative.

If I am wrong, then please accept my most extroardinary, sincere, and rather poetic apologies.

strawberryman
03-15-2005, 11:07 PM
I say Neo-Exdeath. He actually beat me the first time I tried.
which is a first. :(

AoiSora
03-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I think mine was Ultimecia. I had Lionheart and everything, but she'd always manage to (I can't remember the spell name) knock my HP down to 1 and then Apocalypse me. Not to mention how many times I had to soft reset and start all over because she blew away the magic I had junctioned to my HP! She was pretty hard. Plus, in that game, the bosses and monsters leveled up as you leveled up, so....

This one wasn't an FF, but it was still Square. Deus from Xenogears. Since you had to fight him in the gears, your level didn't really matter. There were only so many upgrades available to you for the gears. :(

Dreddz
03-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Trance Kuja

Necronopticous
03-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Whelk from FFVI

Ultima Shadow
03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Whelk from FFVI
Oh, yes. how could I forgot? Man, I never got past that thing! :( It's by far the hardest boss in any game ever!

Dreddz
03-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Whelk from FFVI

which one was that?
None of the FFVI bosses were that hard though

Ichimonji
03-17-2005, 07:49 PM
He's talking about the first boss. The snail.

Dreddz
03-17-2005, 08:10 PM
that boss was easy!!!!

SeeDRankLou
03-17-2005, 08:56 PM
My first time playing FFVIII, I was stuck on Mobile Type 8, it took me 3 or 4 tries to get past it, it kept doing that Mediggo Flame attack that I couldn't recover from fast enough. And after that I got stuck for the longest time on Adel. She was just too fast, I couldn't recover from her attacks quickly enough, even with Selphie doing Full-Cure like every round. My problem was I wasn't emploring the Spd-J effectively at all. Not to mention every once in a while Gilgamesh would come and do Excalibur or Masamune and kill Rinoa, which was annoying (a little funny, but annoying none the less).

Except for a few times when a boss kills me and I just change equipment and try again and win, I have never really encountered a boss that was all that difficult. Ultimecia was more of a long battle than a difficult one, and by the time you get to her final form some of your good magic (and thus stats) might be gone, which is completely random.

Necronopticous
03-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Not to mention every once in a while Gilgamesh would come and do Excalibur or Masamune and kill RinoaxD

Bad Gilgamesh!

Mo-Nercy
03-17-2005, 09:34 PM
I remember pretty much dying to every second boss in FFV. A total pain.

If not that entire game, Seymour Flux from FFX.

Dormos
03-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Seymour Flux is the sux...

DaremihC
03-18-2005, 02:34 AM
I know it's not FF... but Chrono Trigger's Lavos was a pain in the rear the first time I fought him... not because he was hard, but because they switch the freaking directional buttons!!!

crashNUMBERS
04-30-2005, 06:51 PM
(B) = I beat that game so you don't think one is harder than the other...

FF1: Dunno.
FF2: Really dunno.
FF3: Only faced 1 boss.
FF4: Magus sisters
FF5: Siren (I was only lv 5 or 6)
FF6: Kefka when you have to protect banon (Im only lv 9-12 with these characters)
FF7: Bizarro sephiroth can be rather tricky. (B)
FF8: Adel (still can't beat her :cry: )
FF9: Dunno.
FF10: Well, I did have a hard time fighting seymour the first time when I was at low levels...

Yeah, I know sad. I only beat FF7...

Stick_Ink
06-25-2005, 01:37 AM
First off I'd say, of coarse, Ruby and Emerald Weapon from FF7. And Trance Kuja from FF9. Also Seymor Flux (Or whatever his name was on Gagazet) from FFX. I guess Safer Sephiroth was sort of challenging. But not to much. Neoexdeath was kinda tough, until I thought of miming Gil toss and Bahamut. But I need a reminder. It's been a while since I've played FFV, but most of the bosses in the 3rd world give you tablets or something to get the ultimate weapons. So does that mean they're optinol? And what about thos guys that give you the ultimate black/white spells? :confused:

Ultima Shadow
06-25-2005, 01:07 PM
I see dead threads... :(

Cruise Control
06-25-2005, 01:50 PM
VII: Lost Number
X: Beat sin in 14 turns (damn you giga graviton!)
X-2: Angra Maiyu
KH: Stealth sneak or Riku 2nd Form

Craig
06-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Yunalesca or Gizamaluke.

KuRt
06-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Yu Yevon :P

nihowma buffet
06-25-2005, 08:27 PM
ff1 - probably warmech/tiamat. i couldn't get to tiamat for the longest time, thanks to warmech. and i was in no shape to fight him yet. arg.

ff2 - i had a pretty easy time with this game, though i did get stuck in mysidia once, when i got lost and wound up down there VERY early in the game.

ff3 - um, prolly a lot of the final bosses.

ff4 - evil wall. hands down.

ff5 - neo-exdeath.

ff6 - um..... there were hard things in that game?

ff7 - had a hell of a time with carry armor the first time.

ff8 - only part i have a hard time with is the trek down the research station to get to ultima weapon/eden. all those damn ruby dragons.

ff9 - died a bunch at the end of disc three a lot, for no reason it seems.

ff10 - seymour flux can bite me. long and hard.

but overall, hardest boss ever for me has to be........ oddly enough, zeromus. first time i played 4, i wasn't very high-leveled, and i never found wyvern. zeromus was horrid.

Ultima Shadow
06-25-2005, 10:34 PM
This is getting scary... there's 2 threads started by me that got revived the same day and STILL haven't been closed! :greenie: