PDA

View Full Version : do i just suck?

eestlinc
02-28-2005, 03:12 AM
This game is ridiculously hard. I'm at the execution site in chapter two and I have to fight like ten enemies and my party can't do <a thing>. Mustadio is a piece of crap and misses constantly. Agrias and Ramza are good but they can't keep taking the hits and survive. I also brought a priest and a wizard. The wizard gets killed at beginning. The priest helps a lot but only delays the inevitable asskicking.

Edit by Kishi: Watch your language.

ShunNakamura
02-28-2005, 03:40 AM
This battle can be quite a pain if you aren't ready for it.

How I always dealt with it is with Ramza, A ninja, A knight, Agrias/Mustadio, and then a good preist.

I usually make Ramza A monk with the revive ability. The Ninja has the steal abilities(weapon, armor etc.), the Knight has the item command, the Priest is a priest, and Agrias/mustadio have item command.

I gave my party as an example of What I think is needed. The item command, monk and priest provide the team with both reviving abilties and curring abilities... a must. The Ninja, Knight, Monk, Agrias can all deal of decent damage, which is nice. Mustadio/Agrias can disable the enemy(Arm Aim is nice but Stasis sword can stop which is also nice). And the Ninja does one of the most important things.... the ninja steals Gafarigon's sword... without him dealing damage while healing himself makes this battle much easier.

If you had given me a better describtion of what classes everyone was I could help you more... but lets see what tips I can offer you.

1)The priest- in all truth it sounds like you are using it right so I seriousally doubt I need to tip you on this.

2)Agrias.... if you can stop multiple enemies... it becomes much easier... particually if you stop Gafarigon.

3)Mustadio... when arm aim hits it is a blessing from heaven, and I can usally get it to hit quite often... particually if he is an archer with concentrate and snipe abilites.

4)Wizard.... if you have Item command(pheonix down, hi-potion) and the throw item command give them to the wizard so he can help support the party as well as cast offensive spells.

5)And I really have no clue on how to advise for Ramza since I know nothing of how you developed him.

eestlinc
02-28-2005, 03:46 AM
I don't even have ninja job class yet. The most advanced class I have is Oracle. I maxed out Ramza as a knight and now he is a monk. He has no good monk abilities though, just spin fist. I gave him Item as his second command, with which he can use all-powerful potions, antidotes, and phoenix downs.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-28-2005, 03:57 AM
Get the following skills for Ramza as a Monk:

Wave Fist
Chakra
Revive

These help a lot:
Hamendo
Earth Slash

Once you have those, the Item command shouldn't be needed, get him some other abilities that might come in handy. I generally like giving Ramza the Squire abilities, especially if he can use Cheer Up at this point to permanently raise everyone's brave to 97. In this fight, Accumulate (and I can't remember if you can Yell yet or not, if you can so much the better) is a really good tactic if you can't do anything else. Just pump Ramza up until he can dish out serious damage.

If you can, try to get the Black Mage up to Summoner, it'd be really helpful in this fight. Summoner requires a level 2 Time Mage. With Titan and maybe Golem, it should be fairly easy. If you are using Golem, take down the spellcasters and Gafgarion first, the rest should fall with ease.

Del Murder
02-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Make sure everyone has 'gained jp up' equipped for leveling. It really helps.

This is one of the tougher battles. I usually try to take out the mages first. If Agrias has Lightning Stab or Holy Explosion it would make things a lot easier.

Summoners are also awesome.

eestlinc
02-28-2005, 05:37 AM
I just figured out that you can press left and right on the ability learning screen to switch ability types. This helps quite a bit. :D I think I just need to level more.

Ultima Shadow
02-28-2005, 09:49 PM
This game is ridiculously hard. I'm at the execution site in chapter two and I have to fight like ten enemies and my party can't do shit. Mustadio is a piece of crap and misses constantly. Agrias and Ramza are good but they can't keep taking the hits and survive. I also brought a priest and a wizard. The wizard gets killed at beginning. The priest helps a lot but only delays the inevitable asskicking.
Oh, man... an FF that actually is hard?
I really have to buy this game as soon as I've fixed so that my PS2 can play USA games... :hyper:

eestlinc
02-28-2005, 11:02 PM
yea, I'm used to being able to breeze through FF games without thinking too much.

Monol
02-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Yea it can be kinda hard...just dont lose hope man that was my hardest fight...get a monk or two with revive and chakra and you should be fine :cool:

Dont feel bad either....this was my most difficult ff myself :D

Despotus
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
And as ShunNakamura said, be sure to have someone with the Thief ability "Steal Weapon" in your party. Get that Blood Sword and disable Gafgarion A.S.A.P. If you don't have a Ninja yet, bring a Thief with 'Item' as a secondary ability ("Throw Item" too, maybe). Use him to steal the weapons from the enemies and heal himself and others with Hi Potions, X Potions or whatever.
And it's always a good idea to go back and level up a bit. Figure out which skills you'll need for the battle and be sure you've bought them.

Wiegrahf42
03-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Don't feel discouraged, that fight is tough (thats why antipyretic plays). You may want to stop and level up until you get the ninja. As has been said before, swipe Gafgarian's sword and hes useless. I had Mustadio Move up on the arch where he could snipe easily. A ninja will be able to easily over power the archers and has the move and speed to get into range quickly. If Agrias has Lightening stab she can work well as a heavy hitter.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Really, the Ninja isn't necessary at this point, I don't think, but if you can get one then go for it.

nihowma buffet
03-01-2005, 06:51 AM
wait till the end of the next chapter, dude. you'll possibly be tearing your hair out at a certain foul beast.

Fate Fatale
03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I say, Don't use Ramza as a monk, but turn him into an archer with battle skills. You'll have long range and be able to break equipment. Mustido, Archer with snipe abilities. Agrais, turn her into a knight with holy knight abilities ONLY if you have mastered holy knight. other than that, equip her with white magic.

eestlinc
03-02-2005, 12:34 AM
I levelled up a bit, got earth shake or whatever monk skill for Ramza, Holy explosion for Agrias, got Titan for my summoner, and got a red chocobo. The fight (and the rest of chapter two) was pretty easy after that. I absolutely crushed Draclau. :D Of course I'm sure chapter three will be tougher.

Fate Fatale
03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Um... its not? Chapter 2 is only hard if you want to get all of the hidden characters... Beowulf, Reis, Worker 10, and Cloud

Masamune·1600
03-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Um... its not? Chapter 2 is only hard if you want to get all of the hidden characters... Beowulf, Reis, Worker 10, and Cloud

All of the hidden characters can only be accessed in Chapter 4. The name of the robot is Worker 8. And you skipped the Byblos.

Oh, by the way, I just noticed something about Cloud (since we're on the subject of hidden characters). His Zodiac sign is Aquarius. Considering he was born in August, according to the FFVII starter manual, that seems to be an error that was missed. I just added this at the end because I'm sure someone will feel the need to bring it up again. :)

eestlinc
03-04-2005, 01:41 AM
I suck less at this game now that I know what I'm doing sorta.

TyK
03-06-2005, 02:09 AM
I usually have Ramza a monk with guts and equip shield, Agrias with item and throw item, a Time mage, then on the other side a monk, and a chemist. Take out Gafgarion asap with Ramza and Agrias's sword ability, and cast haste on Ramza, Agrias, and the time mage. After you take down Gafgarion, go for the archers, then it's all downhill from there, chasing down the time mages

Fate Fatale
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
O, lol oops, my bad... but, you can start the whole thing when u are in chapter 3

eestlinc
03-07-2005, 06:36 AM
Ok I don't suck now. Just got the book from Simon after the Monastery battles in chapter 3. Hope I haven't missed anything...

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Just remember to read the rumors, especially in Chapter 4.

Fate Fatale
03-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Yea, it's very vital!

eestlinc
03-08-2005, 04:50 AM
yea, when I said I don't suck anymore, I meant I don't suck until I fight Velius, at which point I suck again.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Everybody sucks against Velius. That boss is made to humble you.

Del Murder
03-08-2005, 05:25 AM
Wait until you get to Weigraf.

eestlinc
03-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Velius is Wiegraf, basically. Do you have to fight him again later?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2005, 05:55 AM
No. Just all in that one battle. Speaking of which, they way I did that was run away and yell/accumulate up with the Guts ability and then pound Wiegraf. Then take advantage of Ramza's enhanced turns to pound Velius as well. The Ninja's two-swords ability is quite handy in this fight.

eestlinc
03-08-2005, 06:19 AM
I managed to beat Velius without too much trouble. Ramza's a lancer so I just kept jumping against Wiegraf and then Agrias's Holy whatever-it's-called sword attack cleaned up on Velius. Everyone else just did as much damage as possible before getting killed and I just spread my party out so any magic would only hit one at a time. Not too bad.

However, I can't even figure out what I am supposed to do against Elmdor on the rooftop. Stupid Rafa gets killed in the first turn every time and Ramza's the only character I even get a chance to do anything with.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2005, 06:28 AM
The rooftop... let's see. I think you need to get your characters as fast as possible. Chocobos might actually be handy there.

eestlinc
03-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Great. I hope this isn't one of those unwinnable battles. I have some speed plus items and if worst comes to worst I have a save point before I entered Riovanes Castle.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2005, 06:55 AM
Saves before that are good. Faster jobs might be needed to win the battle.

BG-57
03-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Concentrate your attacks on one of the assassins (Celia or Lede). If one of the three is brought to critical, they all teleport away. Equip Ignore Height if you have it.

Despotus
03-09-2005, 03:55 AM
If for any reason you want to take your time with this battle (Mental illness, or an obsessive need to steal Celia and Lede's Barette and Cachusha may qualify as valid reasons), hit Rafa with don't act. You see, she is a very angry (and suicidal) girl because she believes her brother has been slain; so she will just charge in and try to take on these enemies that are so much stronger than she... :screwy: stupid, stupid, stupid. But if she can't act, she will logically retreat... :thumb: yes! yes! yes!
You must work hard to keep her alive so make sure almost everyone can lend a hand to heal her. Staying alive against Celia and Lede is really tough. They present a tougher challenge to the party than Elmdor in my opinion. Try to bring some items to stop status ailments like Charm, Stop, and Dead. Lowering their brave with Foxbird or Threaten helps alot.

eestlinc
03-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Rafa is so horrible. I think this battle is going to be a huge challenge.

Del Murder
03-09-2005, 06:00 AM
I think girls have an accessory that protects against most the stuff the assassins throw at you. Not sure if you can get it at this point. Like BG said, all you have to do is take out one.

eestlinc
03-09-2005, 06:05 AM
It's pretty incredible that you have to fight so many back-to-back battles where each one requires completely different strategies to win.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-09-2005, 06:50 AM
It's the greatness that is FFT.

eestlinc
03-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I equipped Agrias with sprint shoes and in her first turn she hit Celia with Lightning Stab and did like 350 damage and the battle was over.

Del Murder
03-10-2005, 04:49 AM
:laugh: