PDA

View Full Version : Which FF would you want to be given the FF X treatment?

Fire_Emblem776
02-28-2005, 04:28 AM
I was dazalled by FF X. It was the reason i loved it even more. I bught FF X without a PS2. And finished it on another friends and got them into it as well. Since them I wonderd how would VI ot VII look? Even VIII already looks "real". A dr4eam come true... Voice acting, 3 d enviorments, and the same battle system/music of course.

Gunblades
02-28-2005, 10:01 AM
i didnt like the voices but it would be interesting to see the past FF's reworked with uptodate stuff

Undecided
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
The only FF game that need updated 3d graphichs are FF7, as it looks horrible, and it was bad even when the game was new. The earlier FFs should NEVER be done in 3d, as much of the gameplay is based on them being 2d. for FF8 and FF9, the graphics is decent enough that it doesn't really need to be updated.

When it comes to voice acting it should again never be done in the earlier FFs. Just imagine listening to a long dialogue when staring at two sprites on the screen. For 7, 8 and 9 I'm sure voice acting could enhance the game, though I'm not sure how they would say "s/he" when talking about Quina.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-28-2005, 05:43 PM
LOL - I'd never thought of that - they'd probably have to come up with another pronoun, or attempt to avoid talking about s/he in the third person somehow. Although I agree that despite my amazement of the graphics in X, I don't necessarily think that the older games would benifit from updated renders. However, despite my initial reservations about it, I really liked the voices in X and X-2, and miss them in the older PSX games, like VII, VIII, and IX.

rubah
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM
They could get alexander o. smith to do squall's voice:P

As for quina, millions of english manglers (myself included:D) already use the 'They' pronoun to deal with objects of uncertain genders.

It'd make it tricky to translate it into languages that don't have gender neutral nouns/pronouns, but generally those languages don't get translations anyways. (sorry^_^)

I didn't really miss voices in ff7, 8, or 9 because by the time I played them, I got to the point in ffx and x-2 (and had been there) where you're past most of the voice acting, so I forgot about it.

Although when I did go back to ffx or x-2 for a short time, it was scary when I talked to people and they *Did* talk@.@;;;;;

Imagine if materia could talk@.@;

biff0465
02-28-2005, 11:49 PM
i think it would be cool to see FF VII redone