PDA

View Full Version : FF1 Editing

paradox1252003
02-28-2005, 06:26 AM
For the past four weeks I have searched the net, and the dusty archives of my mind to find the answers to the following questions..

How can I add more dungeons, towns, sprites etc to the FF1 rom?

HOw can I edit the overworld map as well as incorporate perhaps a different set of palletes / tiles?

I have tried FFHackster V1.0 and found that using it, you can only, modify existing towns, sprites, etc. The Overworld Map editor will only allow you to export the map in .ffm format, and the editing utility used for FFH is a very tiny window, which makes for horribly annoying work.

Any help on utilities, programs, stratregies, etc, would be greatly appreciated.. I am working with the us Version of FF1 rom on the fceu emulator.

ljkkjlcm9
02-28-2005, 02:21 PM
I made a "new dungeon" by taking away some of the entrances to Cardia, and making a dungeon there, it worked pretty well. You can't actually expand the memory capacity of the game, which seems to be what you want to do.

I mean, my hack is quite different from the original game, for the most part, but I've actually used up all the memory, and now there are graphical errors in either the grass background, or Titan's tunnel... which is actually now a secret area...

THE JACKEL

paradox1252003
02-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Admittedly, I am a bumbling fool / newbie when it comes to Rom editing, could you recommend some tools / documentation for expanding the memory of the game. I have attempted to read The Rom Hackers Bible, and a few other txt's reguarding rom's, however they seemed to be more confusing than helpful. Last night I attempted to use, G insert and G extract to extract the maps and then insert a new one, however with my limited knowledge of the rom itself, and the fact that the maps are compressed within the rom, the whole project failed?

abrojtm
03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
I think you have an older version of FF Hackster. Check disch.zophar.net. You can edit just about anything with that thing. Also, you're not gonna be able to add classes or dungeons, as the game only has so much room, but using FF Hackster you can do plenty. Check the hacks part of the aforementioned website to see some of the things that it can do.

Xalioniaf
03-01-2005, 03:25 AM
It'd probably be easier just to make an FF-like game with an RPG creator like toolkit or 2k3.

paradox1252003
03-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Your absolutely right, However, I have a Q regaurding game makers. As of now I have painstakingly downloaded numerous various supposedly easy to use toolkits, Rpg Makers etc, only to be horrible baffled, or ie, dissapointed. I have However had great success at using the rpg maker for playstation, but since it is run on the playstation, and saved onto a mem card, the capacity for certain things in the game itself is also limited. If I used a ps emulator, could I run the rpg maker program on my pc, and overcome the console's limits..? If not, which game making sofware would you recommend, if any, which is similar in style and as easy to use, as the Rpg Maker for ps1?

Xalioniaf
03-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, you could try my own idea I came up with a long time ago. Basically, you start a website based around your game, ask people to send you their memory cards(or send you money to buy them a memory card), and you stick it on it and send it back. Some people may not trust it, but those who do get a kick-ass game in return.