PDA

View Full Version : Chocobos!

Kamrusepas
02-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Where on earth am I supposed to catch a male chocobo?

And, why does the Highwind bounce back after trying to hit Ultimate Weapon? I've fought him once.

Mindflare
02-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Male chocobos are random everywhere you would normally catch chocobos.

As for weapon, wait for him to stop moving before running into him.

gismo
02-28-2005, 08:57 AM
u have to fight ultimate weapon summat like 3-4 times b4 he gets to the place where u destroy him.like mindflare says follow him until he stops then fight him!

Kamrusepas
02-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Oky, more chocobo-questions:

Can I make a class C chocobo class B or A by feeding it enough?
Do I have to ride it also, to raise its class?

gismo
02-28-2005, 10:47 AM
yes!best way to learn how to up the classes on your chocobo is to go to chocobo sages house which is near the northern crater.u can get ther on the highwind.every so often he will remember new information and if u keep goin back to him and to Billy on the farm he will keep all the details.

getting your chocobo in the chocobo races in the Gold saucer help impove the class aswel but be warned u will loose a few until the choc's stats have raised a bit but the experiance is good!

Maya
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Oky, more chocobo-questions:
Can I make a class C chocobo class B or A by feeding it enough?
Do I have to ride it also, to raise its class?

When you catch a chocobo it´s c-class.
You´ll have to win 3 times (in gold saucer) c- rank chocobo race and then you´ll get your chocobo to b-class.
Win again 3 times in b-rank and then your chocobo is in the a-class.
Win again all a-class chocobos 3 times and finally you have s-class chocobo.
Win in s-rank abou 20 times and you´ll get special items and materias.
To get blue, green, black and gold chocobos you´ll have to have chocobos in different classes.
By feeding you´ll get more faster and better chocobos so they might win easier.

Kamrusepas
02-28-2005, 11:08 AM
How do I get my own chocobo in the races?

Maya
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
How do I get my own chocobo in the races?

Catch male and female chocobo first and then you´ll have to breed them in the chocobo farm.

Kamrusepas
02-28-2005, 11:16 AM
And then I have my own baby chocobo. Then what? Just go and race?

Maya
02-28-2005, 11:25 AM
And then I have my own baby chocobo. Then what? Just go and race?

Yes, basicly.
So you know about chocobo lure-materia and stables?
When you take the chocobos you catched to stables go race with them. Just go to gold saucer and talk to that girl, I don´t remember her name. She asks which chocobo you want to race and pick one. Then race with them and decree their classes.
If they are too slow or otherwise bad, release them.
In the chocobo farm feed your best chocobos and race them.
You can get good food for them from the chocobo sage.
When a new born chocobo comes, feed it and race it.
Just remember you can´t breed new born chocobos right away or just mated ones.

gismo
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
u can actualy race with any chocbo u catch so long as u tell them at the farm which 1s ur keeping from the ones u catch!then go to the races at gold saucer and u will see thta robot lady (cnt remember her name now) and she will enter u in the race if u talk 2 her

Swordicanus
03-01-2005, 06:30 PM
all my chocobos are s class but its not that hard 2 get that ranking

Kamrusepas
03-01-2005, 06:56 PM
It seems to be to me... How am I ever supposed to beat that Mexican guy with the black chocobo?
[it's the hat, I know he's not Mexican]

Skyblade
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
It seems to be to me... How am I ever supposed to beat that Mexican guy with the black chocobo?
[it's the hat, I know he's not Mexican]

Ah, yes. Joe, riding Teioh. Without a doubt the most difficult opponent in the races. Max out all your Chocobo's stats with Sylkis Greens before racing. Switch to Manual even before the race starts, and immeadiately begin increasing your speed (not boost, just going faster). Your stamina will drop faster, but if you maxed all the stats with Sylkis greens you should have enough to stay ahead of him for most of the race and still sprint when you reach the space section.

Swordicanus
03-01-2005, 09:21 PM
did anyone else ever get the cats bell a rare item off esther you get it when you win about 10 s class races i got it wonderin did anyone else p.s cats bell is crap anyway so dont worry if you don't :cool:

Kamrusepas
03-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Uh, how exactly do you switch to manual in the races? :)

Maya
03-02-2005, 09:35 AM
There´s a button to it. Don´t you remember the instructions how to ride? Sorry, have to ask, are you playing the game or just curious?

Kamrusepas
03-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Hm, next time I go there, maybe I should ask Ester how to race... :)

klekk
03-02-2005, 01:53 PM
What on earth am I doing worng? I have been trying to breed a river chocobi for ages now. I only get a regular chocobo and sometimes a mountain. I pair together good female and great male, gives them careb nut... I donæt get it

Edit problem solved: I feeded them 30 sylkis greens each, and then it worked out somehow... could be coincidence tho

Levian
03-02-2005, 02:52 PM
What on earth am I doing worng? I have been trying to breed a river chocobi for ages now. I only get a regular chocobo and sometimes a mountain. I pair together good female and great male, gives them careb nut... I donæt get it

Edit problem solved: I feeded them 30 sylkis greens each, and then it worked out somehow... could be coincidence tho

The higher the class of a chocobo, the better the chance to get a coloured chocobo.

and here's a tip for you: Hold down R1 and R2 to gain back stamina while you race.

Kamrusepas
03-02-2005, 06:16 PM
How does that happen on PC? I mean holding down L1 and R1?

klekk
03-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Ok. Now I have green and blue leveled to A- CLass, but they won't mate, to young. is there something I have to trigger? How do they grow oldeR?

edit: two hours later. still nothing. I have tried taking them out for a walk. upgraded them to S class. Stil. Nothing. there has to be some kind of trigger?

gismo
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
i think its like so many battles and tents/inns u stay in, im not sure. dont stress too much about it, use the time waiting for them to be able o mate by powering up your characters, event those u dont use in ya party as u will need them stronger!

Del Murder
03-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes, I think it's the number of battles you fight between matings.