PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

Angra Mainyu
02-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Has anybody else seen it? i thought it was really good but got kind of lame towards the end, it started to lose it's freakiness more to the way of one liners and general doo hickey i wasn't expecting.

What did you all think about he movie?

from one person who has seen it to another who hasn't, I would advice that you go and watch this movie. It'll be the only good horror-ish movie until The Ring 2(i watched the japanese versions of the ring, so much more violence :D )

Polaris
02-28-2005, 11:07 AM
I haven't seen it yet but for waht i already saw of the film is good but not great...

edczxcvbnm
02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I saw the movie and I liked it a lot but if you classify this as horror. The reason for all the one liners and stuff is because this is a movie based off the comic. Of course it is going to have one liners.

Dking'squeen
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
I absoluterly love that movie! I just migth go see it again :love: I mean, it was funny, actiony, just what I needed!!

Chris
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
I saw it last week and well... it was what it was... AND NOTHING MORE!

Ratings Out of * * * * *

# Action: * * *
# Story: * * *
# Characters: * * * *
# Visuals: * * * *
# Soundtrack: * * *
# Acting: * * *
# Overall: * * *

Dreddz
02-28-2005, 08:33 PM
got it on DVD ages ago.I thought the film was pretty rubbish.Keanu just aint cool anymore.And the movie is rubbish anyway.People in UK that aint seen it yet.Dont bother

edczxcvbnm
02-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Why you gotta be hatin' on Ted?

Rostum
02-28-2005, 11:23 PM

Bill and Ted, now they were some good movies.

I saw some adverts for this, it seemed interesting enough, some guy is going to get it on DVD for me. So yeah, that's an easy way to see it.

kikimm
02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I really, really loved it. The whole feel of it, and the background, felt like it had been a book before. So I wasn't surprised when O found out it was Hellblazer first. Keanu Reeves was surprisingly good, and Rachel Weiss was excellent as well.

Well, I thought it was very clever and well done. Definitley buying it.

:D

failureBYdesign
03-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Constantine had a pretty awesome storyline and it was tight cos I was never into those comic made movies cept those old Batman movies which was a a way long time ago and not to mention Rachel Weisze (think thats how you spell it) beuty

lordblazer
03-01-2005, 04:46 AM
got it on DVD ages ago.I thought the film was pretty rubbish.Keanu just aint cool anymore.And the movie is rubbish anyway.People in UK that aint seen it yet.Dont bother
Wow that was a snobbish statement.

SeeDRankLou
03-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Constantine was a very good movie. Keanu played his part rather well, but the actors that shined were Rachel Weisz (Isabel/Angela), Tilda Swinton (Gabriel) and Peter Stormare (Lucifer). Tilda Swinton particularly did a very interesting acting job being the misleaded good guy who ends up being the villain. The cinematography and editing for the movie was also very well done. The use of symoblism was astounding....angels with black wings, Lucifer in a white suit, transition from heaven and hell, ect. And they did a very good job not making this movie about Catholicism. There is much Catholic reference in this movie, but they don't really emphasize the Catholic part of the references, which I thought was a good thing to do with that, so this movie didn't try to be a religious movie and take away from the action and drama part.

Hawkeye
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
yeah! gimme a hug!

*hugs, then quickly backs off*

fag! :D

jk

Alice
03-01-2005, 11:24 PM
one of the best movies ive ever seen, up there with kill bill and nightmare before xmas :) loved it like my unborn child!

gibbi8: howd u get it on dvd> it just came in theatres last week...

Lord Chainsaw
03-04-2005, 05:04 AM
I thought it was pretty good. I'm really into the whole angels and demons deal, so of course I'd enjoy a movie like this.

I just thought the ending was a bit anti-climatic though.

Dormos
03-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I really liked the movie, but it didn't have as much action as I'd've liked. I was expecting some really awesome demon-slaying scenes, but there was one slightly-more-than-averagely-cool shooting spree in the lobby of a bowling alley.

And I LOVED Gabriel's hair. Although I was a little confused, 'cause I always thought Gabriel was... you know.... a guy. Not some hot chick.

It was great how they made Satan a likeable character in that movie.

And they had one of the greatest quotes ever in a movie, "I'm...... thinking." :laugh:

And it was very informational. For instance, I now know that....

You can smoke all you want to, because Lucifer will just come and rip all the tar out of your lungs!

eden knight
03-05-2005, 04:00 PM
I watched this movie yesterday and i have to say that it was great.

Montoya
03-06-2005, 02:57 AM
I saw the movie in the theatre with my friends about two weeks ago. They all seemd to like it and said it was great. I was the only one that thought it was just "good." In my opinion it wasn't a bad movie,but it didn't seem great. There just wasn't anything in the movie that stood out to make me like it more. I recommend seeing it though. There just wasn't any climatic uber/cool demon fight. :cry: . Just Lucifer. Boo . . . :mad:

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2005, 03:04 AM
And I LOVED Gabriel's hair. Although I was a little confused, 'cause I always thought Gabriel was... you know.... a guy. Not some hot chick.

Gabriel in the movie just has the name and is not related to the real Gabriel. Note that the real Gabriel is an angel while Gabriel in the movie is a half-angel. It is just an allusion just like the main character's name, Constantine.

Dormos
03-06-2005, 03:36 AM
I guess you have a point there. Never thought about it that way.

FallenAngel411
03-08-2005, 05:14 AM
I thought it was interesting.....not much of a climax tho. They could have done a whole lot more with it.

Lord Chainsaw
03-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Notice how every time someone wants to make a story about bad angels they always decide to pick on Gabriel.

He was the villain in The Prophecy, Star Ocean, and now Constantine.

FallenAngel411
03-10-2005, 12:55 AM
You're right...wow. Guess there's just something about being the most holy of angels........humans destroy the most beautiful things they can find just to make themselves feel better.

Nice sig.....my lush, Fabio-filled dreams? Heh :p

kikimm
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
You can smoke all you want to, because Lucifer will just come and rip all the tar out of your lungs!

Yeah, `cause that's a great idea. :)