PDA

View Full Version : Anime Games/ Films

Polaris
02-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm doing a project for school about anime and I need people to tell me:

Anime Games

and

Anime Films

coz I'm out of ideas... I thought about Ghos in the Shell, Street Fighter and I have no more...

Plz if you know some films or games in anime tell me...

Thanks

Sweet_Angel

Sophitia
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM
There's Akira and most of the Studio Ghibli works (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle) they're generally really good ^___^

Polaris
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I got loads of pics of Suikoden, Parasite Eve, FF and even legend of Zelda... thanks for those four! This project is upsetting my head but is getting great!

dufflebag
03-01-2005, 06:54 PM
zone of the enders is a anime movie,series and game.

MecaKane
03-01-2005, 07:00 PM
.hack is a TV series, OAV series and game series that has different storylines, yet they all mix in with eachother and you could probably squeeze a paragraph out of that if you looked up stuff on it.

Destai
03-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I :<3: .Hack ! :love:
I like Escaflowne and cowboy bebop too/ Theyre all great examples of different types of anime.

The New Kid
03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Full Metal Alchemist recently came out for the PS2 (and possibly other systems...). I've only read part of the manga, but it seemed good.

rubah
03-02-2005, 02:47 AM
<3 Trigun, although I don't think it's a movie.

Camanche
03-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Studio Ghibli just recently re-released Nausicaa over here. (Don't know if anyone here has seen the older not-so-great North American version of it that was renamed "Warriors of the Wind", cut out many good, story essential scenes, and had horrid voice acting.)

Nothing is cut from the new version, (it has great voice acting on large), which is out on DVD now, and worth every penny, I think. (Full name is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.)

Also, if you want to see the origin and inspiration for chocobos, at least give Nausicaa a rental. ;)

I could be wrong, but I also believe that Nausicaa was the film that launched Studio Ghibli into fame. At least, it was their first extremely popular film, and when people think of anime movies, this one tends to come to mind as a "classic".

As for movies, Studio Ghibli usually makes movies, not series', and is a great thing to use for a project considering a lot of their films have been released in North America recently.

edczxcvbnm
03-02-2005, 03:58 AM
.hack is a TV series, OAV series and game series that has different storylines, yet they all mix in with eachother and you could probably squeeze a paragraph out of that if you looked up stuff on it.

It is also a Manga. It is the true Multimedia experience.

Bulldog
03-02-2005, 02:31 PM
What's the project going to inform people about? It seems at bit fruitless just to type in a lot of titles of games and movies. Until I get an idea of what you're using it for, I don't really know where to start, what to include and what not to include. It would be a lot easier to stop by animenfo and type "movie" in the search bar. A lot of movies will be shown and tadaaa: You've got yourself a minor list of japanese animated movies with the word "movie" in their english title. I don't know what you mean with "anime games". Cellshaded?

boris no no
03-02-2005, 03:19 PM
well my fav anime show is neon genisis evangelion. :love: love that!
just noticed you've got rei and aska in your sig! good move! :love:

erm....if you want manga best ones are -
akira
ghost in the shell
Perfect blue (my fav)
ninga scroll
street fighter

what do you want to do?
are you writing a report?
or a history?

maybe you should do a poll of a few different shows to find out peoples fav!
:D

DMKA
03-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Umm...FINAL FANTASY? :p

There's the FF games, FF: Legend of the Crystals (anime), FF Unlimited (Anime) and the Spirits Within, and soon FF7: AC...though you could forget those. And as with everything FF, none of them have connections in story whatsoever. :)

Orphen is a game and anime series as well. Rockman (aka "Mega Man") is another one that consist of games and anime. Sailor Moon had some games back in the day...so did DBZ. Oh, and Pokemon is probably the most widely known one.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Jack - Blademaster
03-03-2005, 03:20 PM
There are also Monster Rancher(games and series), Gundam game, Vampire Hunter D game, Ghost in The Shell game, Neon Genesis Evangelion games and etc.

Xander
03-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Tenchi Muyo RPG, Sailor Moon RPG, and another which I forget the name of...all on the SNES (I think). Well Tenchi Muyo was kinda like strategy/FF Tactics type thing.

BritishBun
03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
yeah and if you want to there is also an emulator for gameboy on the internet that is card captors and also there's the obvious DBZ games

mateoff8
03-03-2005, 04:21 PM
personaly i like pokeymon

lord shishio
03-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Ghost in the shell has been a movie, a series, and a couple of games

mateoff8
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
i still think pokemon is better!

FallenAngel411
03-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Naruto is an anime and has several games as well.

Lucky Charms
03-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Studio Ghibli. I could go on for a while about them.

Dormos
03-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Shaman King is a great series, though I haven't played the game yet.

And Fooly Cooly (FLCL) should be a freaking game, dangit! >.< It'd be awesome to go around and beat things with guitars. Oh wait... *thinks about Devil May Cry 3*