PDA

View Full Version : Sin's sheild

FF freak
02-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Has anyone noticed that in Operation Mi'hien Sin puts up a sheild, but doesn't when you fight it or when the ship takes a shot at it? How come? :confused:

DocFrance
02-28-2005, 04:45 PM
A wizard did it.

redxiiii
02-28-2005, 06:15 PM
A wizard did it.

How did you come up wit that logic :confused: :D

Emily52
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Sarcasm.
No, I never noticed that. Maybe it's because Sin is Jecht and Jecht wants them to stop him.

FF freak
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Or maybe its the hymm.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Sarcasm.
No, I never noticed that. Maybe it's because Sin is Jecht and Jecht wants them to stop him.
so if he wants them to stop him then why doesnt he lower his shield?

Emily52
02-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Because he wants Tidus and co. to do it.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
evil villans are always picky arent they!

DocFrance
02-28-2005, 07:20 PM
How did you come up wit that logic :confused: :D
It's a quote from a Simpsons episode. The comic book store guy is at a convention interviewing the woman who plays Xena. He asks her something along the lines of "In this episode, in one scene you were riding this type of griffon, but in the next scene you were riding another type. Please explain." Xena thinks for a while, and then responds "Umm, a wizard did it."

Basically, it's a saying for explaining inconsistency in games. Most nitpickers will try to come up with some deep, mysterious reason for why Sin doesn't use his shield thing when you attack it, but the truth is just that the game designers are inconsistent, or they just wanted it that way. Hence, "a wizard did it."

redxiiii
02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
It's a quote from a Simpsons episode. The comic book store guy is at a convention interviewing the woman who plays Xena. He asks her something along the lines of "In this episode, in one scene you were riding this type of griffon, but in the next scene you were riding another type. Please explain." Xena thinks for a while, and then responds "Umm, a wizard did it."

Basically, it's a saying for explaining inconsistency in games. Most nitpickers will try to come up with some deep, mysterious reason for why Sin doesn't use his shield thing when you attack it, but the truth is just that the game designers are inconsistent, or they just wanted it that way. Hence, "a wizard did it."

Yes I remember that episode but i still think that it is irellavant

DocFrance
02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
You obviously don't get it then.

TheSpoonyBard
02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Who says it's a shield? Maybe it was Sin charging it's Gravija attack or something similar. Afterall it did end up destroying the Al Bhed gun tower and almost the entire Crusader attack force, including the Chocobo Knights.

Chopseuy
03-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, Jecht doesn't want to kill his own son its like whoa! Yeah, Jecht became Sin so Yuna and her fellow guardians can kill the son of a bitch for good. Thats why he doesn't put up his shield. (No need for spoiler, he asked the question we are simply just answering it)

Skyblade
03-01-2005, 05:40 AM
(You should still have a spoiler. He may not be the only one reading the thread, genius)

Actually, I didn't think it was a shield. I thought it was Sin's attack. Sin attacked at the same time as the machina did. The two attacks basically fought against each other (imagine two guys with swords attacking each other. They can each hold the other's weapon at bay until they run out of strength. Sin and the machina just used energy weapons, but the same principle applies), until the machina broke, and its attack collapsed. Sin's attack then burst out unhindered and destroys the machina and obliterates the Crusaders and Chocobo Knights. That's why the attack hit at the same instant the machina could no longer keep up the pressure. The shield was Sin's attack. Just my opinion on the subject, mind you.

Ultimate99997
03-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Actually I've always thought this....SPOILER..
Firstly, when sin puts up the barrier it doesn't look like anything that we ever see in the game. Terra Graviton etc involves sin making the attack from his mouth.
Therefore this must a barrier which protects him from heavy fire.
The reason for not using this barrier at any other point in the game is due to the fact that the ancient machina machine actually destroyed the shield at the battle scene - YES!!! the machina does get destroyed - but if you look closely at the FMV you see the machina winning whilst sin's barrier distorts and manages to just gut out and touch the machine.
At the exact point of the explosion we see the barrier dissaperate and then sin tries to make a quick escape back into the sea. I think that sin just managed to beat the machina before it's shield was, in turn, destroyed, this is why he left straight after this point without tearing up some warriers or landscape even!.
Sorry about the length - got a bit carried away!!

Fireblade13
04-15-2005, 09:03 PM
I like skyblades theory more. sorry Ultima

Squall of SeeD
04-16-2005, 12:14 AM
That energy field would make a good shield, as well as a good attack, and Sin uses it for both. Sin first uses it while not being attacked a moment before the Al Bhed fired upon it, and used it as a weapon when it did so. When the Crusaders and Chocobo Knights are battling Sinspawn on the beach, Sin formed the energy field around itself and then fired it toward the beach, vaporizing its Sinspawn along with those battling them.

Then, the Al Bhed power up their large weapon and fire it at Sin just as it had formed another of those energy fields. Like with the first, Sin pushes it forward and dismantles the Al Bhed weapon.

It's not that it was a shield or that it was just an attack. It was just energy that Sin could harness as either.

rubah
04-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Or maybe it absorbed the energy from the al bhed attacks and it was pushed forward uncontrollably, without any work on sin's part.

Although it really does look like a counter mechanism in the fmv.