PDA

View Full Version : HOW DID YOU GET HOOKED ON FINAL FANTASY?

FFanatic Of FFantasy
03-01-2005, 02:09 AM
My first Final Fantasy I played was FF7 which changed my gaming genre to action to RPG!!! It was really impressive for the PS at that time and then I started to play other FF and RPG related games. Anyway how did you get interestested in Final Fantasy and has anyone got all of the collection?

zimmunky
03-01-2005, 02:54 AM
ive always been and RPGer. I played Pokemon when i was a kid and then i moved up to the gameboy Zelda games. After that I got into a Grand Theft Auto and NFSU phase. But I picked up FFX one day because my friends were telling me about it. then i got into a car wreck while driving home with it. Me, My sister, My FFX and my KoRn CD were all that survived of my wreck. I played it, got hooked, played FFX2, got less hooked but still there, played FFVII got MORE hooked. Now im playing FFXI, FFI, and KHCOM simoltaneously. Im going to start VIII when i beat COM, II when i beat I, and when i do my missions in XI, i'll do III, IV, V, VI, IX adnd XII.

Ichimonji
03-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Well it started when my friend first moved into this house fourteen years ago in 1991. We were kids and we were browsing around the house when we found this cartridge for the SNES that said Final Fantasy II. (Final Fantasy IV EasyType) So anyhow, we played it not knowing what Final Fantasy or an RPG was. We started from the file that was on the game, it happened to be on the Moon right before the very end of the game, close to fighting Zemus. So we figured out the jist of it and beat the game. We then decided that we loved it, so we started over from the beginning, playing it day after day. That's when I became hooked.

So after playing FFIV for three years and going back to play FFI for the NES, FFIII (FFVI) came out. So we naturally swooned over that game, we didn't buy it though, we rented it over and over again. So from that day on I've been a huge fan of Final Fantasy, now owning and enjoying every FF title for the PS and PS2, including FFXI for PC, and FFTA for GBA. I own all the guides for collection purposes and some merchandise. And I continue to enjoy them.

I have yet to obtain FF:DoS and FFCC. All in due time.

Yuffie514
03-01-2005, 04:41 AM
ever since FF7, yeah, i remember that day :p . i've always loved Final Fantasy since that day ;) , but it's been a while since i've been really hyped out about it :eek: :D .

Maya
03-01-2005, 01:30 PM
First ff-game I started playing was ff4 and I tried also ff5 and 6 but I wasn´t very good so my brother got me ff7 and ff8. Those games were fist ones I played through. Now I try to have ff9-X-2.

Cless
03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm a relative latecomer to the series, with X being my first Final Fantasy. And although some may not agree with me, I thought it was amazing. After I beat it, I just knew I had to play the older ones as well. I have beaten VI, VII, VIII, and IX since, and have enjoyed every minute of it. I plan to beat them all in the future, and nothing's going to stop me!

ljkkjlcm9
03-01-2005, 04:30 PM
First FF game I played was FFI when i was very young... I played with my brothers, they looked at the map and moster stats and pretty much told we what to do, oh, and they read the stuff for me too... while my mother watched us play

THE JACKEL

Lich3636
03-01-2005, 04:47 PM
ahhh the first FF i played was#1 at my grandparents house (my grandpa being on of those ppl who spen hundreds on pacman is a gamer) when i was very little i loved that game and played it almost non stop ahhhh but im getting naustalgic id say i got hooked on #2 tho that was the first game i bought for my snes (supermario came with it) I still know the story line by heart and after that game i knew i would get every final fantasy and now i do i have alot of square enix games (ahhh i rember when they were seperate well i guess we all do lol) the only final fantasy i didnt like was 8 it had a nice story line and good graphics but i hated the battle system so much I thought about not playin another new ff but then my friend got nine and i saw the battle system went back so monsters didnt lv up with you and I returned to Square

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I first played FFIV (at that time known as FFII) on the Super Nintendo when I was about five, and I was hooked from then on. I saved up my money and bought FFVI which was an amazing game that I thoroughly enjoyed.

crashNUMBERS
03-01-2005, 05:35 PM
My first Final Fantasy I played was FF7 which changed my gaming genre to action to RPG!!! It was really impressive for the PS at that time and then I started to play other FF and RPG related games. Anyway how did you get interestested in Final Fantasy and has anyone got all of the collection?

Same here I played ff7 first!

rubah
03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I hung around artist peoples on t3h internets. One of them drew fanart of these people 'tifa, quistis, selphie, cloud' and I had a vague realization that these were 'those ff people thingers for the playstation'.

then a couple years later, I was all 'hey matt? what is final fantasy exactly?'

'it's about people that save the world.'
'The same people?'
'Naw, it changes every time. Here, play teh snes roms and find out for yourself.'

and true to form, I went and started with the middle one, 5:D

<3 5

(after that I rented X from hastings, fell in love with the ps2 machine, and got my own for christmas)

DJZen
03-02-2005, 07:00 AM
It was FFMQ that did it for me. Rented it from the store a couple times, then I saw FFVI (III at the time) was coming out and I scraped together every last penny I could find. I still own the game, but it's missing several bits of the manual..... Which is exactly why you should never lend these things out to your friends!

Dark Warrior
03-02-2005, 09:32 PM
My First FF was FF5.

At the time of 1999 I was happy playing Super Mario RPG (my first RPG), but my old brother tell me that FF series was better.
I though "what in this world could be better than SMRPG?".

A couple of years later some friend gave me a snes emulator with a lot of roms (included FF5). So I remember wath my brother told me two years ago, and I decided to play it.

At this point I didn't know about the PS games (unbelieveable?).

Before I could end FF5, I decided to play the series from the beginin, So I looked for nes and snes FF in the web and bought PS1 FFs, and finally finish them in sequence.

PD: My english teacher says me that I speak like portorrican, It's that true? :) :) :) You don't have to answer :cool:

Monol
03-02-2005, 09:47 PM
My older brother and his best friend like 7 years ago were playing Final Fantasy 6 on Snes (known as 3) and i read the title and im like this has to be the best game ever created and i look at the inside and saw mog and ever since then i was like thats the "coolest character EVER" and i wanted to play it but they took it back.. :cry: ...then 2 years later a friend of mine is playing ff7 and hes like this game rules and im like is that the game where you like hit guys but they dont move? and hes like umm sure and im like sweet...*sigh* and that was that

Chris
03-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Damn Final Fantasy VII its the reason why I'm so obsessed with RPGs today.

DarknessFromAbove
03-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Hm . . . heehee. It's all my mom's fault :D She bought FFVII, diddn't like it*gasps!*, it sat around for a wile, then we got this demo disk thing with FFVIII on it, I loved it, started playing VII[not knowing the difference :rolleyes2] and I haven't stopped playing FF sence :love:
And my mom's always getting on my case about it too :D

WPspira
03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
My brother bought FF8. He didn't like it but i became hooked.

Xander
03-03-2005, 11:00 AM
My friend lent me FFVII when I first bought my PS1, about four/five years ago? I was amazed by the depth of the game and how addicted I was to playing it, that it made me want to play more so then I played IX, X, X-2. Some of VIII and VI. I was really hooked on IX and X too, addictively playing those. I'm not quite as hooked on FF's at the current time but hey, I have good memories of addictively playing those game. ^_^

DarkLadyNyara
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm definetly a noob at Final Fantasy. My best friend got me DoS. I fell in love with both games, so he let me borrow his PSX and his entire collection. :D (He just plays them on his computer for now.) I'm so lucky. :)

DJZen
03-03-2005, 08:29 PM
PD: My english teacher says me that I speak like portorrican, It's that true? :) :) :) You don't have to answer :cool:

It's PUERTO Rican, gringo!

And no, you don't. Puerto Ricans can correctly type their own ethnicity. You just have horrible grammar. Tell your teacher that an irate Puerto Rican (me) found that particular statement VERY racially insensitive. In fact, just print out this reply and give it to him/her.

ScottNUMBERS
03-05-2005, 12:22 AM
FFVII was the first FF i had ever played the first time i played it i thought it was a load of rubbish. The second time i played i thought it was rubbish but then later on that day i had a sudden urge to play t'was rather odd :( i loved final fantasy ever since :love: (VII is THE best :D )

Apollo
03-05-2005, 03:13 AM
My first FF game was FFIV Thats when I got hooked.I continued by playing FFI and FFVI.I loved those games,Than FFVII came out and i was like WTF!!!I hated it well of course I don't hate it as much as I did back then but its still my least FF game.But I went on playing FFIX,and FFX and just recently FFVIII(Which is my favorite one now).And I love those ones too.

Rase
03-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Final Fantasy IV got me into the whole RPG thing. Heck, maybe even the whole videogame thing, since it was my second game I owned, the first being Super Mario World.

Destination0
03-07-2005, 06:04 AM
FFVIII started thigs up for me...
I thought whole SeeD thingy was cool...

Cylest
03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
a friend let me borrow final fantasy anthology for the psone. i liked 5, thought 6 was kind of weird but still played it. i was slightly behind on getting 7 (mainly due to the fact that i was somewhat skeptical of spending my money on something that i may end up not liking), but i eventually did. never looked back since 7. i own everything except for 11 and X-2. good stuff, that's of great memories. such crap graphics, but the stories were magic.

RedCydranth
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Ive always been an RPGer. Im 23 and played them all my life as far back as I remember.

Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy I, Hylide for the NES (Also other DW games, I was a BIG DW fan until FF6 came out on SNES) Started me off on the right foot. Then when SNES came out with Breath of Fire, Crono Trigger and FF2 and 3 (4 and 6 actually) it solidified my passion for Role Playing Games.

Since then I've played every FF game released in America, except FFMQ. But I'm gonna play it all the way and cast aside its overly kiddish approach.

I own all Suikoden games released in the US, Played all DW games released in the US, Used to be huge into Pokémon. (I even learned the é so i could properly type it..lol). Most RPGs are in my library of games I own. The few series' I never got into was Wild Arms and Xenogears (that wiil change once I get and beat Xenosaga Ep II)

So, in summation the first FF game that I played was FFI, but the game that hooked me for good on FF was FF6.

SeeDRankLou
03-07-2005, 10:11 PM
I've played Final Fantasy since it first came out when I was about 10ish. The first one didn't really hook me, but FFIV (II on the SNES) definately hooked me, and I've played them ever since.

kiesmama
03-09-2005, 02:41 AM
ffx started my ff passion, so i went on line and bought every single last game ff has. i do not like any of them before ffvii. the graphics are terrible. but i guess i ruined that for myself by starting with ffx.

sephiroth JR
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
well the first game i ever played on ps1 was ff7 at first i didnt get the story or controls but ended up completing it and have done so now about 20 times i loved it so i bought ffx and x2 and again loved it but i disliked ff8 and 9 i dont know why but it just didnt appeal to me

Crossblades
03-11-2005, 11:17 PM
First FF game I played was FF IV(II) for the SNES, I enjoyed it a lot, so I was curious about FF VI(III for the SNES). Bought it, played it, loved it. After that I pledged to buy and play every FF game out there, including spin-offs.

Rase
03-12-2005, 05:44 AM
i do not like any of them before ffvii. the graphics are terrible. but i guess i ruined that for myself by starting with ffx.

Yeah, unfortunatly, your probably right. Still, graphics don't affect the storylines, whihc in my opinion are still able to easily hold thier own nowadays.

Rinen
03-12-2005, 06:19 AM
Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy I, Hylide for the NES (Also other DW games, I was a BIG DW fan until FF6 came out on SNES) Started me off on the right foot. Then when SNES came out with Breath of Fire, Crono Trigger and FF2 and 3 (4 and 6 actually) it solidified my passion for Role Playing Games.

Since then I've played every FF game released in America, except FFMQ. But I'm gonna play it all the way and cast aside its overly kiddish approach.

I own all Suikoden games released in the US, Played all DW games released in the US, Used to be huge into Pokémon. (I even learned the é so i could properly type it..lol). Most RPGs are in my library of games I own. The few series' I never got into was Wild Arms and Xenogears (that wiil change once I get and beat Xenosaga Ep II)

So, in summation the first FF game that I played was FFI, but the game that hooked me for good on FF was FF6.

Pretty much the same for me, I started off with Dragon Warrior, but after a while, FF6 came out, and that sparked it all, after that, I got a hold of all the FF and DW I could get my hands on. I had to give away my collection to someone who's house burnt down. It had the Zelda games on NES, some DW, the available FF games for SNES, and more. I look back at it now, I wish I was greedy and kept it all for myself. Haha, well, maybe not, it's still a good notion, but when I give, aren't I supposed to recieve something sooner or later?

I now don't own any RPGs older than what's on the PS1, so my collection is lacking, except for a copy of Chrono Trigger, but I dont have a working SNES.

KaintheDragoon80
03-12-2005, 06:25 AM
I bought Kingdom Hearts, and i saw Final Fantasy X, so i thought i should buy it, since I liked another game from the same company. I think it it brilliant (especially the CG opening), with the extremely complex battle system, well developed characters and what-not. Then I decided the buy the older ones. Currently VII is my fave followed by Tactics, IV and X. It is pretty weird starting with X and loving the oh-so terrible graphics of its predecessors (did i spell it right? lol). So, I guess you can say that my love for Final Fantasy has grown over the two years I have had them hahaha.

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Building up characters while gaining new abilities and equipment, in a setting with beautiful visuals and great story/characters has always been what draws me to RPGs. FF just does this the best in my opinion.

The game that got me hooked was FFVI, the best game ever made. There was a whole bunch of cool things to do.

CaladBolgLionHeart
03-13-2005, 12:58 AM
I got FF8 for Christmas in 2002, and it changed my freaking life. I played for a day and a half straight after that.

Rinen
03-13-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't consider them terrible graphics at all. What you have to look at it is as if you were there at the time with it's technology and knowledge. Remember that VII was the first FF to reach the 3d stage. Also remember that X was released in 2001, while VII was released in 1996-7, that's quite a long jump in time as far as gaming goes. VI was released in 1994, and look at the jump between them. By looking at it through that, it has great graphics, and look at the improvements from VII, T, VIII, and IX. They were released in a span of four years. Sure compared to today's technology and graphics, they don't compare. I grew up following most of the consoles out there, so it was wonderful to see everything develop.

PearlRose
03-13-2005, 05:30 AM
I like anime, and when looking at a few anime related messageboards and such, quite a few of them also mentioned "Final Fantasy" or had users that liked that series.

Curious, and wanting to get into video games, as I was horribly deprived from them as a child, I picked up FF7 for PC about three years ago. Was hooked from then on. ^^

I've played 7, a little bit of 8, 4, 5, and am working on 6 right now. I think 7's still my favorite, if only because it was my first one.

Azigal
03-13-2005, 05:34 AM
A bunch of my friends at school where addicted to FFIX so I saw it in a store one day and bought it. Now i own half the FF series and only play RPG games. With the execption of Blizzard RTS games.

chionos
03-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Building up characters while gaining new abilities and equipment, in a setting with beautiful visuals and great story/characters has always been what draws me to RPGs. FF just does this the best in my opinion.

The game that got me hooked was FFVI, the best game ever made. There was a whole bunch of cool things to do.

And that is why we bow to Del Murder.