PDA

View Full Version : FFVII, FFVII Dirge de Cerberus & FFVII Advent Children

seiyuimore
03-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Sorry but do you know what the different between FFVII, FVII advent children and FFVII dirge de Cerberus?

Why there are 3 FFVII? Was Square Enix (Previously Square soft) made 3 FFVII games?

Cloud72789
03-01-2005, 02:42 AM
FFVII is the first 3D FF RPG. FFVII Advent Children is a movie that Square-Enix is working on right now. It takes place 2 years after the events that happened in FFVII the game. FFVII Dirge of Cerberus is an action game that has a few of the FFVII characters in it, Vincent being the main character. I don't know much about the storyline of it though.

seiyuimore
03-01-2005, 02:53 AM
So they made 2 RPG games then? FFVII & FFVII Dirge de Cerberus?

Luthien Rogue
03-01-2005, 03:19 AM
So they made 2 RPG games then? FFVII & FFVII Dirge de Cerberus?

They made one RPG (FFVII) and they're making another (Dirge of Cerberus). There's also FFVII: Before Crisis which is a cellphone game about the Turks. And FFVII: Crisis Core for PSP (don't know much about that yet).

CloudStrife48
03-01-2005, 03:41 AM
this is the way it is... ive been reading up on it for the past 6 months constantly...

Before Crisis: Released in Japan already and will probably stay there due to the fact that its really hard for them to incorporate it due to the American Economy and cell phone regulations. It happens years before FF7 and has alot of facts about the Turks/Shinra/Cloud/Zack.

Crisis Core: I don't know much about it but i hear it happens a few years before Final Fantasy 7... probably around the time that Niebelheim was destroyed. They might shed more like on Ifalnia (Aeris's mother for all you who forgot). It's supposed to be released for the PSP but because of the way the graphics are coming out it might possibly be for PS2 instead. Supposed to come out December of 2005.

Final Fantasy 7: well we all know that of course, its the best FF in my opinion. It was a breakthrough in gaming.

Advent Children: Advent Children happens 2 years after Final Fantasy 7.

Dirge of Cerberus is supposed to come out spring/summer of 2006. It will be an ACTION BASED GAME! (like Devil May Cry I hear) It happens one year after Advent Children and is the Final Chapter. It sheds light on Vincent's past/present/future.

Dormos
03-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Big differences-

FFVII: The fact that it was released already would probably be the biggest difference, that and the fact that it's an RPG (and an awesome one at that).

FFVII: AC: It's a movie, not a game, and according to 1up.com, is going to be released on March 14th (That's in two weeks!).

FFVII: DoC: A game that's coming out I don't know when, but it's going to be an action shooter-type game, and may have a few RPG elements thrown into it. Think Devil May Cry, with the ability buying and whatnot.

bebe
03-02-2005, 01:38 AM
isnt ff7:doc about vincint

Camanche
03-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Yes it is, he's the main character. There's an entire forum dedicated to this game, so your best bet is to look around there. I believe it is right above the Advent Children forum you are in now. (Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know if you're not new around here, I'm just assuming. Heck, I myself am.)

bebe
03-02-2005, 01:49 AM
im new

Camanche
03-02-2005, 01:59 AM
What took so long? Your reply? This is a message board, not a chat room, where replies are supposed to be instantaneous. If this was a chat room, I'd think it was damn archaic. :D

Just a tip though, I wouldn't double post. It irritates people, and the moderator's don't like it. If you want to say something else, or fix something you made a mistake on in your post than click the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/buttons/edit.gif button at the bottom of the post you just made. It should be to the left of the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/buttons/quote.gif button.

bebe
03-02-2005, 02:08 AM
and if you are how long

took your advice i think im going to the ff7:doc page good bye

P.S.Thanks

Rostum
03-02-2005, 02:34 AM
What the hell?

Camanche
03-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Um, well, if you ever come back and read this, you SHOULDN'T DOUBLE POST. It's when you reply twice in a row when you could just use the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/buttons/edit.gif link instead. By using it, you can add or change anything you might have missed or meant to say in your last post. That way, everything you want to say is contained in one post, instead of several small ones that just take up unnecessary space.

Forums aren't like chat rooms either. When you log in, you are logged into the Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums as a whole, but you go in to the different categories of forums to talk about specific topics.

Sorry if it seems like I'm repeating what I said, but from what you said, you seem to still see this as a chat room. Forums are also known as message boards, so you could kind of think of it like an actual "message board" in real life. In school, say, there might be a board where announcements, team listings and events are posted on it. You can leave messages for people, where they can come back and find it later. That's the beauty of forums- you can have fairly intelligent and productive conversation and debate because you have time to think out your thoughts/gather information. Unlike chat rooms where everything is instantaneous.

Again, sorry for ranting, I just hope it will save you from having the moderators cracking down on you for small discrepancies.

EDIT:

What the hell?

Crap, I think he thought I meant the 'quote' button when I was talking about the edit button. Knew I shouldn't of mentioned it when I was trying to specify location. *sigh* Oh well, I tried...

Thunder Wave
03-12-2005, 07:53 AM
It sounds great if they actually are going to make an Action Adventure Game right?

It coulds be like Castlevania: SotN. I loved that one. What is the Devil May Cry game like? Is it like Castlevania? Anyways I'm excited for it now.

Del Murder
03-13-2005, 06:29 PM
DC Forum (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69).