PDA

View Full Version : FF VS School....

zimmunky
03-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Does neone here who goes to school find themselves battling thier homework with thoughts of FF? I cant help it, my notebook is filled with drawings and maps and charts and lists and everything. Its all i think about when im there. Does this apply to neone else?

dragon07
03-01-2005, 02:57 AM
I have that problem also. I will start daydreaming buring my class and imagining me in the games and I'll draw some things as well it is kinda wierd.

crashNUMBERS
03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Haha same here. Us guys need our time......Oh wait your not a guy!!! (joke :lol: )

Quina
03-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Yeah today I was wondering if I should turn Butz into a Thief or a Dancer.

crashNUMBERS
03-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Thief!! Love the thieves. Care for the thieves!

rubah
03-01-2005, 03:15 AM
DANCER!:D

He is t3h secks.

As for ff vs. school, that's not really a problem.

4.0 > ff.

ff = saturdays/holidays

although for the longest time all I did during world history was draw characters^_^ but that class was friggin' boring:P and easy.

then he decided to make us do work, so I quit.

[I guess I should admit though, I was trying to make a mini set of triple triad cards during english today:P but that's a long term goal and I just wanted to hook one of my friends in so it'd be worth the trouble^_^]

Alice
03-01-2005, 03:57 AM
i occastionally go on quests to complete school work :P i get exp points too!

Squall04
03-01-2005, 04:03 AM
That was a huge problem for me in high school. In fact, I skipped school a couple times just to play FF. But now that I'm in college, it's A LOT different. Sure, it conflicts with my time, but I don't let it get in the way too much now that I actually have homework to do.

Spike369
03-01-2005, 04:08 AM
I think that it would ba a problem that alot of people here have

Jojee
03-01-2005, 04:13 AM
That was a huge problem for me in high school. In fact, I skipped school a couple times just to play FF. But now that I'm in college, it's A LOT different. Sure, it conflicts with my time, but I don't let it get in the way too much now that I actually have homework to do.

Yeah, now that I'm in college, I don't go to classes at all! I only play FF!

...Actually I just stay on the internet T_T

Can't say it's been a problem for me.

Big D
03-01-2005, 04:18 AM
When I was at high school, FFFVII and VIII were a big part of my free time. I'd even play as long as I could some mornings, before I absolutely had to leave in order to get there on time. The games' challenges and plots would often be on my mind during class.

Now, though, I'm at university; two years ago, FFX kept me sane during study for Law finals. Study by day, play a couple of hours in the evening... a bit of fantasy to escape from reality:)

Rostum
03-01-2005, 04:18 AM
The internet is so addictive. Even though there's nothing to do on it. I wouldn't say FF is more addictive than the internet. Damn you internet!

Squall04
03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
Yeah, now that I'm in college, I don't go to classes at all! I only play FF!

...Actually I just stay on the internet T_T

Can't say it's been a problem for me.
Haha, ya, it's been tempting to skip class for FF or the internet. But here, class is mandatory and if you miss, you will be punished under the UCMJ and have a dishonorable discharge.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Sometimes I find myself drawing naked pictures of Tifa in my textbooks lol :eek:

Dingo Jellybean
03-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Sometimes I find myself drawing naked pictures of Tifa in my textbooks lol :eek:

That's because U R A LOSER.

Anyways, I never ever fantasized about FF during my HS days as I recall. I kind of slept through things when I got bored...but eh.

strawberryman
03-01-2005, 06:48 AM
I can't say that I have'nt shied away from homework alot because of FF.
Either that, or i'm just a lazy bastard. :p

Rainecloud
03-01-2005, 07:11 AM
I never had this problem. Once I arrived at school, all thoughts of Final Fantasy (and other computer games) simply left me until I arrived back home again. I guess I was just too busy to think about anything else. Plus, I was always in the Library, reading book after book. Who's got time to think about Final Fantasy when you're engrossed in "The A-Z of Ghosts, Volume 1?"

SilverWind
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Haha! Yeah...Black mages all over my stuff. Mostly science... :D All I was thinking yesterday was "I wanna go home and post on EOFF..."
When I draw stuff like that I think it's awesome, but nobody really seems to care. I don't think many people are into FF Games at the school, mostly sports, and racing, and shoot-'em-ups...The very things I don't like...

super sayin Tidus
03-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Well today i was supposed to be working a 9hr shift then i would have been tied up with uni all week so i thought a would take a while of work to play FF6 and come on the internet. Darn the internet this site and FF all together they take up oh let's see 80% of my life. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......| oh there a wall.
So yeah FF beats uni and work. :)

YunaGirl05
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM
NO, but sometimes i think how i can't wait to go home and play playstation. i never have homework so i don't have that problem

Dr.K
03-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd say yes, but not through addiction to FF (although I love it), mostly because school blew so much.

Mindflare
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Yep, the internet is far more evil at stealing lives than FF ever was. I can barely distinguish anymore.

Little Miss Awesome
03-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Nah, only when X first came out I spent all Friday mornings asking for help off this guy I sat next to in Double Art. It doesn't really affect me at all now, apart from when I'm here when I'm supposed to be doing homework but shhh!

amratis
03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Mmm, right now its not FF I'm battling with its KH, yah! I have an essay due Friday, I've basically written it but it needs fine-tuning and its SO not going to happen while I'm playing this.

Tasura
03-01-2005, 08:17 PM
yes....in class i was playing the games in my head, and when i got home i would play them until i went to bed, and i would repeat the process the next day, and the next, and so on and so forth, then came my new computer, so long ff obssession hello internet obssession(neither were really obssessions, just school was very boring)

Maxico
03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Final Fantasy... people still play that?

Sess020
03-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Final Fantasy... people still play that?
Nope.
Nowadays its believed to be linked to diabolic rituals and ceremonies. So its forbidden by all. It’s a Taboo. Never speak of this again :nonono:

Aurey
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Gawd no.

During school all I'm thinking about is when I'll be going home and thoughts about pratically nothing, like how many dots are in each of the ceiling tiles and etc. Never about video games or anything of the sort.

boris no no
03-01-2005, 10:05 PM
my maths books were so covered in FFVIII pics it was hardly legable!
i remember when FFVIII came out i was so exited that i couldn't do anjything at school! i was jumping about all day!
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Necronopticous
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I did horrible in my first years of High School and all of Jr. High. It was mainly due to my apathetic attitude and drugs, however, video games were a hell of a lot more important to me than school at that time. Since then, I don't know what happened, my senior year of High School and these last three years of college I've turned myself completely around. All of the sudden school became interesting and I started hungering to learn as much as I possibly could, and although video games are a big part of my life, I'm able to daydream them and still fully concentrate on whatever project I have at hand. Unlike when I was younger I don't really have any trouble giving up videogames for awhile to do some homework or studying. I've gotten pretty good at managing my time to be able to play loads of games and get tons of stuff done.

Though I will admit that since Xenosaga episode 2 came out I've been slightly more tired during the day :D (How can I sleep when I'm in the middle of a brilliant 45 minute cutscene!?)

Silmaril
03-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I spent most of my time in school drawing and day dreaming.

blitzballstar01
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
LOL all me and my friends do all day is chit chat about final fantasy and other video games, anime, and manga. it's crazy! I often times don't do my homework until like 5:30 the next morning before I take a shower because I play final fantasy all afternoon. (even moreso now that FFXI is out and as addictive as ever!) lol i love it...and believe it or not...I am a 4.0 student. I don't have to limit video games to the weekend only like people say they do...there's no point. school is easy ^_^ theres just an occasional tough spot here and there, is all. :tongue: