PDA

View Full Version : *Some chap. 2 spoilers* getting Chaos blade in chap 2

Wiegrahf42
03-01-2005, 03:15 AM
I don't remember exactly where I heard this, but it's a method to get the Excalibur or better by chap. 2. This tactic could actaully work but would be hard to implement. In chap. 2 you have a chance to control an enemy's stats, meaning that When Gafgarion betrays you he will use the abilities you gave him. The theory is that if Gafgarion were an extremely high level ninja (in the upper 80s at least) with the knight sword ability learned, he would betray you and then throw a knight sword at you which could be caught with the catch ability. Ninjas only throw Chaos blades and the like at a very high level. This seems possible in theory.
The main problem is that Gafgarion is a guest in two battles, CPU controlled. You would not only have to get him the knight sword ability but also level him up very high, all this without controlling him. Has anyone else ever heard of such a tactic and has it been tested?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't really think it's feasible unless you want to spend a LONG time in one battle keeping some guys alive while Gafgarion AND Agrias pound on them. The amount of time it'd take for that to happen would probably be way more than its worth.

Destination0
03-01-2005, 05:10 AM
It may be possible in theory but practically I dont think it is possible...
cause to get to use him for only 2 battles as u said and to turn him into ninja in just two battles would be next to impossible...cause to get access to ninja class lvl 3 archer, lvl 4 thief and lvl 2 geomancer...and to do all that just in two battles would be insane

Wiegrahf42
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
There would be some "overflow JP" so I say it's possible in theory, but way to much of a pain to test. Cool idea though.

dodhungry
03-02-2005, 01:16 AM
That would be freaking awsome if it were possible. This kinda brings up a question. Dose Agrias and Gafgarion not take the average level of all your characters when they join? Because if they did, if you averaged at level 80 then it would not be that big of a deal to level them up.

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 03:04 AM
Chaos Blade? My god... Where did you even hear this? 'Cause whoever told you this is...Lying.

Lich3636
06-14-2005, 06:15 PM
couldent happen to get gafgarion to a ninja youd have to lv up archer,theif,and geomancer not to mention knight and monk to get to geomancer you only have gafgarion for 2 battles so this would be impossible to achive

cloud20747
07-11-2005, 06:36 AM
you could just steal it from him......

darkblade117
07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
if he had one on him.. sure you can...
hey i heard this as well... and i think it's nearly impossible to pull off...there are no ninja's in chapter 2 (usually) but... if someone out there has done this.... it would be awesome if you told us how u did it... and how we could do it...

RedCydranth
07-11-2005, 09:06 PM
TECHNICALLY this is not impossible but its insanely hard. First off you'd neet to set Gaff to Knight. the rest of the party (which includes agrias as a useless person you can kill off and have stars over. That leaves Ramza, and 2 various for you to work with.

You make Ramza an Archer, and the other unit a Monk and the third a Thief. Oner of those three must have Mediator skills to chicken both Gaff and the hapless enemy unit. Now with the 2 non mediator units hav the squire ability Accumulate and do that for like 2 hours. Have the mediator/monkuse various skills to gain as much JP as possible. When a character is in the presence of another job he/she learns a small portion of JP from that job.

Do the same next battle with Geomancer, and the others.. After a long tedious time, Gaff can be a Ninja, but t get him lv 80 would be impossible because he will never attack your own characters.

But the Gaff ninja is a possibility.

darkblade117
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
that's crazy....

Despotus
07-13-2005, 01:37 AM
... After a long tedious time, Gaff can be a Ninja, but t get him lv 80 would be impossible because he will never attack your own characters...
If we're just theorizing... then you could also level Gaffy up to 80+... :joey:
While it's true that he won't attack your characters, he will continue to attack the enemy. And he will use only physical attacks if you put him in the berserk state. Concentrate on keeping the enemy(ies) alive, by using Cure 3, Reraise, etc. Or even "Power Break" Gaffy to PA level 1 so he can't hurt them too badly. It should only take him a few hours to reach level 80 ;)
Ohhh... the INSANITY!!! :hyper: