PDA

View Full Version : Little help?

SoftReset
03-01-2005, 04:01 AM
Has anyone here actually seen Maliris (Memoria boss version) use Firaga?

I've fought her about 10 times now and haven't seen her use it at ALL, even though multiple monster guides have Firaga listed among her attacks.

UltimaLimit
03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Remind me again which one Maliris is and perhaps I can answer your question.

However, it doesn't really matter much. That's what Auto-Reflect is for. :) But I can understand your curiousity.

Sepho
03-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Maliris (Kary, as I'll always remember her) is the Fire Guardian. She's the one with multiple arms, all of which are wielding swords.

She's also primarily red.

I've seen her use Firaga before, but the AI usually opts to utilize stronger attacks to try to kill your party.

SoftReset
03-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Huh. Anything I can do to coerce her into using it?

Sepho
03-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I skimmed through a couple of Boss Guides on GameFaqs, and neither of them listed Firaga as one of Maliris' attacks. I thought for sure I've seen her use Firaga, but I may have mistaken it for Mustard Bomb (which he does use).

She's primarily a physical attacker, so not using it makes sense.

SoftReset
03-02-2005, 12:49 AM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_monster_a.txt

FFOnline also says she can use it, but I'm starting to doubt it. You don't fight a monster 10 times in a row for a total of 1 & 1/2 hours without seeing an attack they're capable of.

Sepho
03-02-2005, 02:12 AM
I just looked through the Brady Games guide, and it made no mention of Kary using Firaga (though, it's not the most informative guide ever written).

FFOnline might have assumed that, because Kary is a strong Fire elemental boss, that she has Firaga in her repertoire. Or they could have mistaken Mustard Bomb for it, like I did. The walkthrough you linked to could very well have sourced the information from FFOnline - it's a popular site.

I can't tell for sure, and I don't have a save lying around that would enable me to fight Kary in a reasonable amount of time, or I'd check for you to see if it was a glitch in your game. I don't think it is, though.

SoftReset
03-02-2005, 02:55 AM
That's alright. I actually know the guy who wrote the GameFAQs FFIX monster list, he's pretty reliable and insanely knowledgeable of the game and game mechanics, but he has said the guide contains a few errors, maybe that's one of them.

I've figured out the attack powers and damage formulae for all of her other attacks...that's good enough I guess, I'm not wasting anymore time if it's so damn rare, assuming she even can use it.

Chopseuy
03-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah shes from FF1... haha! yeah she sux.. I think its a small chance of her using it.

SoftReset
03-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Actually of the four fiends in FFIX she's one of the most dangerous, since her attacks have very high attack power and Flame Slash is given a fat damage bonus. Of course Rosetta Rings would take care of that. Her final attack, Raining Swords, is capable of some pretty massive damage too.