PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. 3

Mittopotahis
03-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Do you think they'll make one soon? I hope so anyway...

I think they should have some more characters: My Ideas

Banjo & Kazooie (kinda Like Ice Climber but one on top of the other and you can swap by pressing a button)
Bomberman (all Bombs for B moves!)
Wario
Toad
More pokemon (dont ask who i dont know)

And there should be an item like the metal box but it turns you into A dark version (so you can become Dark Samus from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes or Dark Mario guy from Super Mario Sunshine. For the ones who dont have a dark version they can just make up)

Yeah those are my suggestions....anyone else got any ideas?

SilverWind
03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Good choices! I think they should also put in Paper mario, maybe even a different form of Link. Oh, wait I've got it! 8-Bit Mode! 8-bit characters, non-digitaly restored, come to the battle field! Come on, you know they owe it to us.

Krelbel
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Getting the banjo license might be tricky ;[

Ultima Shadow
03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Yea, they really should come up with a new one soon. I LOVE SSBM! It's the best fighting game ever made. :cool:

It would be cool if they had K.Rool (the villain in DK), Meta Knight (villain in Kirby Adventure) and Geno (character in SMRPG).

It would be awesome if 1 of the stages is bowsers keep with Exor (the gigantic sword from SMRPG) in it. Exor could be a part of the backround and do some attacks at random places on the stage at times. Or just jump and create an earthquake all over the place for a moment etc. THAT would be AWESOME!!! :cool:

However... I'm sure nothing from SMRPG will be in the game. :mad:

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Since they're only doing Nintendo characters, I don't think Bomberman would work as I'm pretty sure that's appeared on different consoles. K. Rool would be a good one to put in, as would Meta Knight and Wario. As far as Pokemon go, there are WAY too many of them already, but I'm sure there'd be more. I say more Earthbound characters, personally. It'd be interesting if Sonic and Shadow made it in as well.

m4tt
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Geno is property of Square-Enix, so they probably wouldn't put him in. :(

Rainecloud
03-01-2005, 05:23 PM
As long as they put in some "Fatalities" - ala Mortal Kombat - I'll be happy.

Cz
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd expect Dark Samus and Wario, though I doubt their movesets would be entirely original. A new set of stages and challenges would be enough to ensure a purchase, though.

Ultima Shadow
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
It'd be interesting if Sonic and Shadow made it in as well.
Oh, yea! That would be awesome! :cool:

Geno is property of Square-Enix, so they probably wouldn't put him in. :(
Yea, that's really a shame. :( Geno is the best mario character ever. :cool:

Rye
03-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Banjo and Kazooie OWN. <3

Agent Proto
03-01-2005, 08:12 PM
How about Pit from Kid Icarus? =P

Maxico
03-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Since they're only doing Nintendo characters, I don't think Bomberman would work as I'm pretty sure that's appeared on different consoles...

It'd be interesting if Sonic and Shadow made it in as well.

That makes perfect sense... and who the hell is shadow?

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/goomba.gif

Fate Fatale
03-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I hear they're putting in The dude from Harvest Moon... interesting...I guess you could attack them with the scythe... or attack them with a herb of chickens... odd... O_o

Ultima Shadow
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/goomba.gif
That reminded me... there should be more monsters who randomly pops up from barrels and crates. :cool:
And there should be some extremely powerfull dud... like the hammerbrothers or something. That would be cool. :cool:

Flamethrower
03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another character from Earthbound added in, or more specifically, Poo. :cool: I would love that. Diddy Kong is another character I would like to see added, and yes, Wario is a must have for the next game.

Good choices! I think they should also put in Paper mario, maybe even a different form of Link.

Please, no more Mario and Link clones. Dr. Mario and Young Link were bad enough.

Mittopotahis
03-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah I'd like to see Diddy Kong as well...Donkey Kong there all by himself becoming lonely....oh well

A different form of link? what form?

isnt Sonic Sega?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Actually, Nintendo has full rights to use the original characters from Super Mario RPG. They just...don't. It's an awful waste, really; the only use they've made of it has been a cameo by Geno in Mario & Luigi RPG.

Roogle
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
How would Goomba fight? He can't do anything.

Levian
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Melee had too many similar characters. I like unique characters. No need in having people who does exactly the same thing, so I hope they remove these:

Dr. Mario
Luigi
Young Link
That blue rooster from starwing, or something.
Roy or Marth, or both.

And then they could add Boo :cool:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-02-2005, 01:19 PM
That blue rooster from starwing, or something.Banned.

Levian
03-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Well, they could remove the Fox instead if that makes you feel better. :p They equally suck, imho. :cool:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/falcoisnotachicken1.pnghttp://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/falcoisnotachicken2.pnghttp://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/falcoisnotachicken3.png

Levian
03-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Ohh, so he's not a chicken?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-02-2005, 02:57 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/falcoisnotachicken4.png

Levian
03-02-2005, 03:10 PM
You seem to be avoiding the subject. I now assume that he really is a chicken.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Falco, as his name might imply, is a falcon. Also, Fox is EXTREMELY powerful when used correctly, and Falco has a "spike" (as in, a Down A move that can blast someone into the pit with ease) much akin to Ness's in the original SSB so he's also really good if used correctly.

Luigi is different enough from Mario to be usable, I think. I like him being in there.

Shadow is the black hedgehog, he's basically "evil" Sonic. And he's SO much cooler than Sonic. I had thought that Nintendo had the rights to them, except that Sonic Heroes appeared on all consoles, so it may just be shared.

Flamethrower
03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
The problem with having Shadow is that he's too similar to Sonic. If Nintendo were allowed to put in Sonic characters (which I don't think they can, but I'm not sure), I would only want to see Sonic and Tails in there. No Knuckles. No Robotnik. No Shadow. Besides, they could always use Shadow's look as an alternate costume for Sonic.

Also, since Nintendo is allowed to use characters from SMRPG, it would be a crime for them not to add Geno into the next installment. Mallow too.

Ultima Shadow
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Roy or Marth, or both.

Marth is my life! Don't take him away from me!!! :(

Oh, and Luigi is pretty different from Mario. I actually like Luigi more than Mario. :cool:

The problem with having Shadow is that he's too similar to Sonic.
Well, they could make him different... or they could just make him a battle in Event match, like Dark Link.

Agent Proto
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Instead of having clones of the same character, (i.e. Dr. Mario to Mario) Instead, have it be selectable when you choose a character with different forms.

Take these examples.

For Mario, there could be several other options, like Dr. Mario, and Adult Link from the upcoming Zelda game and OoT to Young Link, or Cel-da Link. Same with Princess Zelda. Though, that's just my idea.

Monol
03-02-2005, 11:41 PM
*bows before all of you* ok first of all i would like to thank yuripa for starting such an awsome thread...now then super smash bros is my favorite fighting game as well and i completely agree with what everyone has said so far...geno (my favorite mario character) would be awsome! you can have like geno beam for B button and like geno whirl for over B and..o nvm..BANJO AND KAZOOIE WOULD BE AWSOME TOO...that and conker...just think of the potential... :p

Mittopotahis
03-03-2005, 04:22 AM
ok first of all i would like to thank yuripa for starting such an awsome thread thats ok! i was just doing nothing one day and suddenly i thought. "i wonder if they are ever gonna bring out Super Smash Bros. 3?" so yeah
Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark?
Vanessa from PN03?
And i know that it was made by Square Enix but you should be able to get a Clavat, Selkie, Yuke and Lillitie. Each can have 8 different costumes (the 2 genders, and the 4 variations for each gender) Clavats can be good all-rounders (kinda like Mario(not as in attacks, as in ok at everything)), Selkies can be fast attackers (like Sheik) Yukes use magic attacks (like Zelda) and Lillities can be the slow but powerful attackers (Like a small bowser)
Ditto can act like a random character
Captain Olimar (Pickman)

Xalioniaf
03-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Note that all of the SSBM characters had Nintendo as their main...thing(:P). I doubt that Bomberman could be on, since he's from Natsume. Anyway, a great character would be Lyn from Fire Emblem, as well as an upgraded move set for Samus.

Jack
03-04-2005, 11:08 AM
IT MUST HAVE SLIPPY THE TOAD!!!!!!! :p

BANJO AND KAZOOIE WOULD BE AWSOME TOO...that and conker...just think of the potential...

Rare own them, and Microsoft own them. Hence I doubt their appearance

la monk
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Note that all of the SSBM characters had Nintendo as their main...thing(:P). I doubt that Bomberman could be on, since he's from Natsume. Anyway, a great character would be Lyn from Fire Emblem, as well as an upgraded move set for Samus.
i would like to see Hector.

Rase
03-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, here's (http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167955) a post in some other forum by a dude who apparently thought this through. Some of it's kinda zany/odd, but ehh.

I personally would like to see Wario, Pit (Kid Icarus), and some others I can't think of at the moment. Then just add some new multiplayer modes, double the Events size, and keep refining everything until it's perfect and I'll be happy.

EDIT: Oh, and stages, lots of new stages.

Flamethrower
03-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Everyone open your eyes. Sonic and Tails is not gonna happen. Pretty much the only way Sonic can get into the game is if Nintendo buys Sega out which is probably not gonna happen. So get all those crazy thoughts out of your head about how "cool" or "perfect" it would be to have Sonic in the game anyways. Just conform to our thoughts and realize that its not gonna happen. Its not gonna happen. Its not gonna happen. How many times do we have to tell you people Sonic will never be in the game. If they included Sonic into the game then wow they get sued by sega and look, no more nintendo. Wow and im sure everyone wants that to happen so that Mario and Fox and Link can just die. You are just so ignorant of this that you keep insisting that Sonic be put into the game. What? Do you think that you are coming up with an original idea or something? That nobody has ever said that they wanted Sonic in the game before? Well this idea has been shot down so many times I can't even count how many. So why do you keep insisting on doing something that will never be done? Its like trying to get Bush to not http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif up in a speech; its just not gonna happen. So now why don't you take your little ideas, and take them to another place because they are not wanted here.

Hey, at least it's not as bad as the people who insist Cloud and Sephiroth should be included in the next installment.

Mittopotahis
03-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Hey, at least it's not as bad as the people who insist Cloud and Sephiroth should be included in the next installment.

All i can say to that is....HAHAHAHAHA!

Trumpet Thief
03-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Rubedo: At least make trophies of SMRPG characters next time... :mad2:

Rase
03-06-2005, 01:20 AM

I actually would mind that, just so I could beat the crap out of them with Ness or Mario. :cool:

DJZen
03-10-2005, 02:29 AM
asdfkjhsdklfjsafjhlaskfjahlsjfsdklfjhskalfhalksfhlkjdsfkjasdhfkjlshalkfasjalsfjh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Putting Sonic in SSB3 is seriously perverse and a crime against nature.

Sonic = Sega NOT NINTENDO!
Bomberman = Hudsonsoft NOT NINTENDO!
Banjo Kazooie = Rare NOT NINTENDO!
FFCC = Square Enix NOT NINTENDO!

I'm gonna go cry now....

lengthwise.... not across....

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-10-2005, 07:54 AM
I like a lot of the characters that guy named, but I think there are entirely too many pokemon already and they don't need TOO many more characters representing them. Overall though the guy has good ideas, I'd love to see those characters make the game.