PDA

View Full Version : Monster catcher

Squall2
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
how do you catch monsters and put them in your bank? Its been ages since ive played it so im not sure of the town name. Whats the point?

tailz
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
the monster bank is in cyril and for catching monsters you need to train a human archer till he has 2 abilitys and then make him a hunter give him a ranger bow (i think atleast correct me if im wrong plz) so you learn capture then weaken a monster as much possible (i think sleep helps at least for me it does stop doesnt work but sleep slightly increases my percentage so you might want to try that)

gl hf

Skyblade
03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
You are correct. The Ranger Bow teaches Capture, a 200 AP Hunter A-Ability. I don't believe sleep affects the catch percentage, but Concentrate (an Archer support ability that improves accuracy) might (I'm not sure, as I almost never have a hunter without Concentrate anyway, so I haven't tested it). I know that the lower the health of a monster, the higher the chances of capturing it are, although I don't believe I've ever seen Capture reach a percentage over 24. As to the use of the monsters once they are caught, well... Morphers use the "souls" you get from capturing a monster to duplicate the abilities of the monsters of that species (ie: capture a Goblin and a Red Cap, and a Goblin Soul will let a Morpher use both types of creature's A-Abilities). For info on feeding the monsters, I've provided lots of info available in the thread "Stupid flans!", and I don't feel like retyping it all, so I'd appreciate it if you would check that. ;)