PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy on gamecube

WPspira
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
What final fantasy would you like to see on the gamecube?

Mirage
03-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Does it matter? The console is better anyway, so basically every FF game would look better on it. ;o

Yuffie514
03-01-2005, 04:40 PM
don't know :mad: . PS2's superior to GameCube :cool: . then again, it doesn't matter since i already got a GameCube :p .

Sepho
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
don't know :mad: . PS2's superior to GameCube :cool: . then again, it doesn't matter since i already got a GameCube :p .

That's a debate for another thread. From a technical standpoint (hardware-wise), the GameCube is superior. Heck, the PS2 is hardly superior to the Dreamcast (if it all; it depends on what specs you look at). The argument is usually about which one has a better game library, and I'd say that depends. But again, that's for another thread.

As for the topic at hand, I'd sooner want Square-Enix developing new games, rather then spending their time creating ports of old games for a different console. Don't get me wrong - I love my GameCube, but I'd like to see their development teams spending time on new stuff.

Destai
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
The gamecube is a better machine. The PS2 is probably easier to make games on for that reason(Im guessing) and has a better choice of games.

rubah
03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't.

That means I'd have to buy another console.

yay for sticking to one system.

Undecided
03-02-2005, 05:16 AM
I wouldn't.

That means I'd have to buy another console.

yay for sticking to one system.

Yeah, they should still be making the games for the good old NES.

Xaven
03-02-2005, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't mind a FF on Gamecube. However, for me that would in a way, kinda, sorta ruin the spirit of it somehow. I dunno, they just feel right when on the PS and PS2 (they even have 2 more buttons on the controllers than GC ;) ).
Besides, there is Crystal Chronicles... but that wasn't like the standard turn based ones.

Mittopotahis
03-02-2005, 05:49 AM
I'd love ff to be on the Gamecube, especially since i dont have a PS2

The Gamecube is so under rated. i was talking to this guy in Gametraders and he was saying that over here (Australia) it is really unpopular (which i already knew) but over in America its actually alright and people like it. Thats why Nintendo released the DS over here for AU $200, which is one of the cheapest in the world (when your translate all the different currencies) So im happy

Oh the 'reason' for the DS being so cheap here is that Nintendo want to improve their popularity

DJZen
03-02-2005, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't mind a FF on Gamecube. However, for me that would in a way, kinda, sorta ruin the spirit of it somehow. I dunno, they just feel right when on the PS and PS2

That's exactly how us old schoolers felt about the franchise jumping ship to the PSX. "OMGWTF SO NOT COOL!!!! NOW I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER SYSTEM!!!!"

rubah
03-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah, they should still be making the games for the good old NES.

I have a NES, so that would be fine and dandy^_^

Mirage
03-03-2005, 04:00 AM
I wouldn't mind a FF on Gamecube. However, for me that would in a way, kinda, sorta ruin the spirit of it somehow. I dunno, they just feel right when on the PS and PS2 (they even have 2 more buttons on the controllers than GC ;) ).
Besides, there is Crystal Chronicles... but that wasn't like the standard turn based ones.
...Ruin the spirit? Does the spirit reside in the hardware on which the game is run? If I stuck a GC inside a PS2 case and connected a PS2 controller, could you tell the difference?
And for the gamepad, yeah, you're right. Most PS2 games would have been impossible to make had it not been for the L1 and Select buttons.

Rase
03-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I would like to see an original game that stays fairly true to the series mainstays but isn't afriad to experiment.

rubah
03-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Which mainstays, exactly?

Obviously not the ones they have in the games they experimented with.

Rase
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
By mainstays I mostly meant either ATB or TBB battle systems, your almost prerequisite Mogs and Chocobos and such, Airships, classic monsters, Summons, Magic, and some dude named Cid somewhere.

Fire_Emblem776
03-08-2005, 05:04 AM
Yes then their will be games woth buying on that system. I mean its okay but their is no good games woth buying exept the nintendo made ones. I Woulld be really greatfull

Rase
03-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Well, since Nintendo has made some of the most memorable and, in my opinion, best, serieses in the buisness, that's not a really bad thing.

Sepho
03-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I could go on and list a good deal of GameCube titles worth buying.

But, nah.

Yuffie514
03-08-2005, 05:13 PM
The gamecube is a better machine. The PS2 is probably easier to make games on for that reason(Im guessing) and has a better choice of games.

if you say so :jap: . i have a GameCube myself and yes the graphics are great :jap: , but the characters always look to be animated in a childish manner (from my opinion) :mad: hopefully :eek: , the FF games would stay on VIII/X's track than IX :jap: . however, all this is strictly my opinion/views :p , you don't have to agree :) .

Wuggly Blight
03-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Gamecube has better graphics I admit but dont get hung up on just them, that being said Swuares move to playstation in the mind 90's was one of there better moves and they have had some negative experiences with Nintendo.

DJZen
03-08-2005, 07:22 PM
if you say so :jap: . i have a GameCube myself and yes the graphics are great :jap: , but the characters always look to be animated in a childish manner (from my opinion) :mad: hopefully :eek: , the FF games would stay on VIII/X's track than IX :jap: . however, all this is strictly my opinion/views :p , you don't have to agree :) .

Well... that's the choice of the programmers, it has nothing to do with the system itself. Besides that, there's plenty of GC games that aren't styled like that at all.

PROOF:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/242753x.jpg

Need I say more?