PDA

View Full Version : Strategy guids?

FF freak
03-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I don't usualy like using strategy guids but Ive found with Square Soft/Square Enix games you can miss alot without them. Should I get one. (I haven't beaten VII yet.)

Flying Mullet
03-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't get one until you've played it through at least once. It takes a lot out of a game when you're not finding things out for yourself.

Hawkeye
03-01-2005, 10:29 PM
true, but you kick yourself in the butt becuase you realize that you miss so much story without knowing it. i would recommend getting it, even on th first try. the games pretty simple, but dead helpful, as to getting KotR, and get more story and stuff.

theres just some things in that game you wouldnt even know if you didnt have a guide. trust me. id pick one up if i were you

Sepho
03-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I agree with Mullet.

I see nothing wrong with the use of strategy guides, but it's up to you whether you want to risk potentially dampening your experience by using one on the first playthrough.

It also depends on the game. Most players play through their favorite FFs multiple times, so it's not uncommon for them to use the "no walkthrough first time through, second time I use it" method. Some games, however, you just want to play through once, and not have to go through again to get everything out of it. Guides are good for this.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-02-2005, 03:37 AM
The official FFVII guide is pretty shoddy and gets a lot of things wrong. Get the one published by Versus Books if you can.

BahamutZer0
03-02-2005, 04:06 AM
I was thinking of buying one for FFX, so then I can get ALL the Level Spheres and stuff... but yah, I agree with Mullet, play through it first, then if you want to fork out $15 or so, then do so, but sometimes I don't even think they're worth it...

ISRviper
03-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I think you should get the strategy guide but only use to for the side quests and to know if you missed anything in places you have already been. Don't use it to know more aboute the story because thjust ruin the game for you and make you not want to play it.

FF freak
03-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for your input I think Ill do what ISviper said and buy one I appreciate the help.