PDA

View Full Version : Painkiller - Auron

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know were i can get this sword?" (Auron's Painkiller)

i heard it has triple AP on it and i could use that for leveling right now i just got one Double AP for tidus now i need one for Auron and if anyone knows of a weapon for double/triple ap for yuna that would be gratefull ytoo :-D

Thanks in advance! :)

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 12:56 AM
were are the 3 eyeball creatures and what do i do with this other creature?

DarknessFromAbove
03-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Legendary weapons. As I believe they are called. They each have 3 parts, and there is one for every character. I'm to lazy to tell you about them all, but there's a guide on this site I think, look there k. :D

lulusgirl
03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Catching all the eyeball creatures(Three of each I believe) will unlock One-Eye. This monster frequently Triple AP weapons for all your party members.
How many types are there?

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 01:00 AM
still don't know how to get the painkiller for auron i :'( i'll check the site but i'm not good at finding things all i realyl need is a triple ap for him i have double for tidus and yuna if i level up tidus and auron enough that they own i dont' even need her so yea.. (i'm at the last boss and i can't beat him)

rubah
03-02-2005, 01:01 AM
nononononono

You have to get the three eyeball specie monsters.

There's one in macalania, one in the omega ruins, and another in Zanarkand, or the road leading up it.

Go to those places and capture them using the weapons you buy at the monster arena in the calm lands, and when you capture a certain number, go back to the calm lands, and you'll have unlocked One Eye. This is a species boss, so when you're weak, he'll be pretty hard.

When you fight him, he'll drop the triple AP weapons, which means you gain sphere levels THREE TIMES as fast. If you put overdrive-> AP and Triple Overdrive, you gain levels very quickly.

Nothing to do with legendary or celestial weapons:)

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 01:05 AM
and ihave to defeat him to get the weapons?

What if i can't win ?

DarknessFromAbove
03-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Nothing to do with legendary or celestial weapons:) Don't the Legendary/celestial weapons give 3xAP when complete? Yuna's and Rikku's do . . . I'm confused now

rubah
03-02-2005, 01:39 AM
But you don't make the celestial weapons, you find them and upgrade them:)

They (probably) want to make uber AP gaining weapons, which are something like this:
Double AP(add this first, if at all!), Triple AP, overdrive-> AP, Triple Overdrive.

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 01:40 AM
so were do i go to get these eyebals i already got 4 from macalina and i'm at zanarkand looking but were else are they?

I want to do this to go to omega dungeons and get major AP level ups then go to inside SIn and easily go around and get more major elvel ups so i can beat jecht easily ... he wipes me flat right now.

rubah
03-02-2005, 01:51 AM
There are some that are *in* the omega dungeons:) At least, I remember getting a lot of musks there. and where there's musk, there's eyeballs.

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
i got them in macalina and zanarkand were else are they? ort at least how many places?

rubah
03-02-2005, 02:23 AM
The. Omega. Ruins.

or possibly inside sin.

See CB!'s monster guides on gamefaqs:)

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 03:01 AM
ty :)

L1nVx
03-02-2005, 03:44 AM
how far in do you have to go to fight the floating death in OMEGA RUINS ?

I only found them once and it was far in and i'm wondering if they appear near the save points?

rubah
03-02-2005, 03:52 AM
They'll appear anywhere besides the basement, I'm sure. Just hang up in the top area and try not to run into marlboros. or demonlifts.

Skyblade
03-02-2005, 04:02 AM
I think they don't appear until at least half way in. I mentioned in another thread how you can get Triple AP weapons from the One-Eye... Collect the Eyeballs (Ahrimans, Floating Eyes, Evil Eyes, and Floating Deaths. That's 4, not 3... That might be your problem) and unlock One-Eye, then whoop up on him. He can't even take two hits from a 255 strength character with Break Damage Limit, so you can just rack up the training weapons. Sell the extras, because you'll have lots. You can get the Triple Score (for Wakka), Comet Cactuar (for Lulu), Durandal (for Tidus), Horn of the Ronso (for Khimari), Golden Arm (I think that's what Rikku's is called), and Wonder Wand (not quite sure about this one either, but I believe it's Yuna's) in addition to Auron's Painkiller. Don't just go with the first one you get. Wait until you get one with two empty slots, so you can customize it with Triple Overdrive, First Strike, and/or Break Damage Limit and get the most out of it.

Kamrusepas
03-02-2005, 06:33 PM
to L1nVx:
Jecht and all other bosses are no challenge at all if you got Masamune :)

Skyblade
03-03-2005, 02:28 AM
to L1nVx:
Jecht and all other bosses are no challenge at all if you got Masamune :)

You'll need more than Auron's Celestial Weapon to beat Ultima Buster... Of course, he is optional.

How do you unlock the last of the Original Creations at the Monster Arena? I've caught ten of everything, and I want to fight that last monster, but he's not there...

rubah
03-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Did you beat all the other creations? and are you sure you got ten on all of them especially the ones with two pages?

I'd be able to tell you more, but I'm too lazy to get all the tonberries to fight the last boss^_^

ultima buster is easily disposed of with quick hit and hasteaga. Very easy. Tornado the two arms away and just keep hacking^_^

L1nVx
03-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I'm not trying to beat ultima buster i'm trying to beat the last boss of hte whole game jecht and i need higher levels my auron is at 50 strength and taht's my highest :-X the masamune is SO hard to get (got to do so much) and so i can't do that so i'm trying to level insanly... any ideas?

alexholker
03-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Skyblade: I can confirm that you must defeat each of the other creations to unlock Nemesis.

L1nVx: Ultima Buster does drop weapons with the required abilities (either Triple Overdrive or Triple AP, and Overdrive->AP).

You could use Mega Elixirs to give a weapon Double AP, obtainable by bribing Xiphos or Varunas.

You could fight Cactuars, either in the area on Bikanel that was blocked by the sandstorm, or in the arena. These give you lots of AP, given how easy they are to kill (one overdrive or 1-3 grenades, and they all die).

Kamrusepas
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Masamune hard to get? I got it almost by accident :)
I just started collecting for the monster arena, and one time he just handed me the sigil, altho I didn't even realize it at that point...

L1nVx
03-03-2005, 11:25 AM
no ultima beater doesnt' but ONE EYE does (that's who i'm trying to get) athen i fiured i would train until i'm really good

L1nVx
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
i don't have th ecelestial mirror and that'll take FOREVER to get that's my problem with the masamune.

Ultimate99997
03-03-2005, 09:41 PM
The celestial weapon diesn't really take that long - if you know exactly what to do to get it, it can take about 10 minutes.
Simply race a chocobo at remiem temple and win (you don't even need a chest). Then fly to macalania, talk to the woman and son - run to the husband who is by the macalania campsite, run back and talk to wife and husband, go on sparkly path to find boy and there you go.
Quite literally about 10 minutes to do.

L1nVx
03-04-2005, 11:25 AM
um were's the remein temple?

redxiiii
03-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm not trying to beat ultima buster i'm trying to beat the last boss of hte whole game jecht and i need higher levels my auron is at 50 strength and taht's my highest :-X the masamune is SO hard to get (got to do so much) and so i can't do that so i'm trying to level insanly... any ideas?

Firstly jecht isn`t the last boss of the game.
Secondly you should have used a spoiler warning.
and finally the Remiem Temple is located to the right if you enter from macalania, you will need a chocobo, Just get a chocbo and then go to the place I told you about and there will be a choco feather on the ground, inspect it while on your chocobo and you will be flown to the Remiem Temple

L1nVx
03-04-2005, 11:00 PM
(1) were can i learn to ride chocobs
(2) i go to the remein temple and that's were i get the mirror?
(3) what do i need to power the sword i heard somethign about sigil's etc.
(4) if i need the sigil's to power the sword then uh it might be hard bevausie i read that you ned 10 monsters from 10 areas or something?

Chopseuy
03-04-2005, 11:06 PM
I just made mine..

redxiiii
03-04-2005, 11:27 PM
(1) were can i learn to ride chocobs
(2) i go to the remein temple and that's were i get the mirror?
(3) what do i need to power the sword i heard somethign about sigil's etc.
(4) if i need the sigil's to power the sword then uh it might be hard bevausie i read that you ned 10 monsters from 10 areas or something?

There should be a man by the travel agency if you want to ride chocobos.
You get the mirror from the Remiem temple by racing the chocobo that is by the temple and beating the rival chocobo.
Yes, to power each weapon you need to collect that weapons crest and sigil, e.g Tidus has a sun crest and sun sigil.
And I don`t think it`s true that you have to get 10 monsters from 10 areas but to get yuna`s celestial weapon you must catch one of every fiend on gagazet.
By the way you will get a cloudy mirror when you beat the rival chocobo to power up the mirror you must go to a glowing stone in macalania woods

L1nVx
03-05-2005, 01:15 AM
welll how do i get auron's crests/sigil's or whateveR? I'll work on riding the chocobo race thing

i have the mars crest but i need the mars sigil and the mirror and also were's the travel agency? and were's the remein temple.

EDIT: Don't double post. -Murdingaling

rubah
03-05-2005, 05:05 AM
You have to capture a monster from. . . either ten areas, or all the areas. actually, just go and capture them all, you'll want to later anyways^_^

The travel agency is in the center of the calm lands. where you know, the save point is.
Remiem temple requires a chocobo. Then, go to the macalania entrance of the Calm lands, head *straight* north, push X at the chocobo feather.

Go inside, head left, talk to the chocobo. get the al bhed primer, head to the other side and race him. Win and you'll get the cloudy mirror^_^

Leave, or talk to belgemine inside. Anyways, head back into macalania. Where you first came in from the Thunder Plains, you'll find a lady and either her kid or her husband. whichever isn't there, you'll have to hunt them down. I think it's her husband first then the kid. [spoilers]The dude is in the alcove where the party woke up after tidus and yuna's little night time swim, the kid is up on the glowy path that wasn't there the last time you were in macalania.[spoiler]

head on up the glowy path and find the place to upgrade the cloudy mirror (else you can't get any weapons) You'll come back here to upgrade your weapons when you get the sigils and crests.

L1nVx
03-05-2005, 03:18 PM
well it looks like i won't be playing ps2 for awhile... i fixed my cd tray but in the process i guess i bumped the laser because when i put it back together i tested dvd and ps2 game to see if the tray fully worked but then it started reading disc and stood there for awhile and hten once said disc read error right now it justs says NOTHING instead of reading disc or disc read error ;'( any ideas?

I'm sure it's the laser or whatev.

Skyblade
03-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Did you beat all the other creations? and are you sure you got ten on all of them especially the ones with two pages?

I'd be able to tell you more, but I'm too lazy to get all the tonberries to fight the last boss^_^

ultima buster is easily disposed of with quick hit and hasteaga. Very easy. Tornado the two arms away and just keep hacking^_^

Yes, I'm sure I got ten of all of them. I found out that your have to beat every one of his other created monsters first (I hadn't bothered to defeat a few of them, since I was too weak when I unlocked them). Damn, Nemesis sucks. I killed him. Finally. And what do I get? A key item saying that I beat all the monsters, and a fairly decent piece of equipment. He took me half an hour to beat and that's all I get?! Stupid thing. I was fighting him without Break HP Limit, you see, so it took a lot of Auto-Life spells to keep me in the battle, and I had to sacrifice every one of my aeons (I'd summon one, attack with it for 99999 damage, his counter and his next attack would kill it, but then it would be my turn again, and my Hasted Auron and Tidus could whoop on him with Quick Hit until his next turn rolled around, when I would sacrifice another aeon).

On a side note, is there and easy way to beat the Jumbo Flan? Even with max magic, Ultima won't always do 99999 damage. Which makes Overkilling him a real pain. I have Tidus, Auron, and Yuna with max magic (and almost every other stat, for that matter), and I just Hastega, Doublecast Ultima, and Copycat the thing to death. It doesn't even get a turn in, but I only Overkill it half the time, while I can overkill most of the others every time. He's immune to Mental Break, and Focus doesn't seem to affect the attack power at all. What should I do?

rubah
03-05-2005, 07:53 PM
you can use anima for jumbo flan, but I find ultima to be faster. 'cause you're like using three people. But anima = teach haste, haste her up at the beginning then pain her. If you want, you can teach her reflect and slow, and that may or may not allow her to bounce the status on jumbo. but I dunno.

You sure focus didn't make any difference? I'm not sure if it adds onto the stat number or if it's factored in separately. . .

You could try turbo magic weapons

L1nVx
03-05-2005, 08:37 PM
how can i beat the last boss (jecht or braska's final aeon or whatever it is)

I mean it's hte not the last boss but i hear the other bosses are impossible to die... SO how do i beat him ?!

Skyblade
03-05-2005, 11:18 PM
you can use anima for jumbo flan, but I find ultima to be faster. 'cause you're like using three people. But anima = teach haste, haste her up at the beginning then pain her. If you want, you can teach her reflect and slow, and that may or may not allow her to bounce the status on jumbo. but I dunno.

You sure focus didn't make any difference? I'm not sure if it adds onto the stat number or if it's factored in separately. . .

You could try turbo magic weapons

No, Focus didn't help (Focus and Cheer don't seem to diddly squat, in fact). Magic Boost weapons will work, but I'd have to make them, since I haven't gotten around to making Lulu stronger yet, and making three would be a real pain, especially since I need less than 10000 more damage to reach the max. It's really annoying.

Involving Anima, why Pain? Pain is normal attack plus death, isn't it? And death won't work on Jumbo...

rubah
03-05-2005, 11:41 PM
pain isn't a physical attack. It's not nulled:)

Focus and Cheer *DO* work, I'm just uncertain about how they affect maxed stats:) (ie, rather weak (comparatively) auron yuna rikku going up against kottos. With protect and sentinel, auron would get pwnzed with EVERY of kottos' counters. But, with cheerx10, he'd stay alive. And, early in the game, cheering and focusing ten X (it doesn't seem to do any difference after that) will mean the difference between normal kill and overkill. So I used them quite a bit to expidite the levelling process around on mi'ihen.)

FFVIII Fan
03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
to get a triple AP weapon, go to species conquest and defeat the one eye flying thing, u shud almost defionatly get a triple AP item 4 1 f ur party

Fireblade13
03-30-2005, 10:40 PM
To your last post of the first page.

Look in other threds
Yuna has the nirvana double cast and flare and Ultima amaking jecht a laugh.
50 attack for auron? you don't need tri. AP to get exp. just fight in Omega for awile.
No offense your lazy L1nVx