PDA

View Full Version : Best of the Legendary weapons (thread may contain spoilers):

Siegurd
03-02-2005, 02:38 AM
what in your all's opinions are the best 3!

omnitarian
03-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Excalibur, Masamune, and Assassin's Dagger, because I never really use any of the classes that correspond to the other weapons.

Ultima Shadow
03-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Massamune, Excalibur and some of the 2 rods. :greenie:

Captain Maxx Power
03-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Apollo's Harp, Firebute and Yoichi's Bow. Go go useless classes!

Masamune·1600
03-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Who cares? The Legendary Weapons aren't the most powerful weapons. For example, Ragnarok > Excalibur, Strato > Masamune (despite my name...this is an anomaly, although Masamune was also beaten out by Chirijiraden in FFT as well), Dragon Lance > Holy Lance, and so on. And the three Legendary Weapons I listed as lessers would be my picks.

rubah
03-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I can't remember any of them, except from you guys mentioning this time.

I really dont' remember the quest to break the seals or why it had to be doneX.x;;

I suppose I should continue my replaying so I'll remember:P

Dormos
03-04-2005, 02:59 AM
I liked Yoichi's Bow, Holy Lance, and Masamune.

But I never really thought about it. Like masamune said, they're not the strongest weapons.

But it's still pretty fun to go "Hmm... which three should I pick first...."

omnitarian
03-04-2005, 03:12 AM
When you first get to the sealed weapons, they'll certainly be more powerful than what you currently have. So they're hardly useless.

eestlinc
03-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Apollo's Harp is good. I also like the Kormus Bell because it turns swamps into 1/1 creatures.

Dormos
03-04-2005, 08:40 PM
.... What?

Ultima Shadow
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Who cares? The Legendary Weapons aren't the most powerful weapons. For example, Ragnarok > Excalibur, Strato > Masamune (despite my name...this is an anomaly, although Masamune was also beaten out by Chirijiraden in FFT as well), Dragon Lance > Holy Lance, and so on. And the three Legendary Weapons I listed as lessers would be my picks.
Well... to get the Ragnarok you have to beat Shinryuu, 1 of the strongest bosses in the game and to get Dragon Spears you have to steal from a crystal dragon 237 times. Strato, I can't remember... but it's hardly an all that easy task either. Also, you'll only be able to get Dragon Lance and Ragnarok in the very end of the game. And even with these weapons, some of the legendary still remains usefull.

Dormos
03-05-2005, 05:27 AM
You get the Strato by stealing a whoooooole bunch of times from Yojimbos. They're in the N-Zone castle place, where you fought Twin Tania.

And even so, you only get one, if any, of these stronger weapons. And if you have more characters that can equip them, you'd probably like to have them use the Legendary ones, riiiiight?

And, the legendary weapons have super-duper-lots of properties. Those properties make them stronger than the other weapons, even if not by stats alone.

Mr.Auron
03-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Na, Excalipur was the best.

Siegurd
03-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I hated how it always equipped excalipur when I equipped optimum:/

wuglendei
03-09-2005, 02:15 AM
DID ANYONE HERE GET THE ~BRAVE SWORD~ It was WAY stronger then Xcaliber and i think stronger then RANGORAK...sorry about spelling...but i found it in a secret passage in a VILLAGE....and this dead guy told me to pick outta these boxes...so i saved and i picked both of them in both saved games...I FOUND BRAVE SWORD and CHICKEN SWORD. The chicken sword like got weaker whenever u ran away from a battle. Now the brave sword was WAY stronger....Now i think this was FFV...im pretty damn sure..

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Now if I told you, I would be giving away my password ;)

DocFrance
03-09-2005, 03:41 AM
DID ANYONE HERE GET THE ~BRAVE SWORD~ It was WAY stronger then Xcaliber and i think stronger then RANGORAK...sorry about spelling...but i found it in a secret passage in a VILLAGE....and this dead guy told me to pick outta these boxes...so i saved and i picked both of them in both saved games...I FOUND BRAVE SWORD and CHICKEN SWORD. The chicken sword like got weaker whenever u ran away from a battle. Now the brave sword was WAY stronger....Now i think this was FFV...im pretty damn sure..
It's the other way around. The Brave Blade loses power every time you flee from battle, while the Chicken Knife gains power. This potentially makes the Chicken Knife the best weapon in the game.

wuglendei
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
o...well whatever! I still loved both of them weapons! Those were one reason i could beat the game cause i was playing the japanese verson of it. U kno the really hard one! And the last boss...was....hard. I tried and tried but i couldnt! Finaly I found out if i killed certain parts he wouldnt use certain attack. LOL but i donno if that plane actually worked. BUt anywho i felt them Legendary weps were cool.....but I still like brave sword and chickin knife cooler. But im sad that alot of people actualy found them...i thought i was SPECIAL!!!

Madonna
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Now if I told you, I would be giving away my password ;)We have twelve tries, then, to guess it?

I found Excalibur, Masamune, and Assassin's Dagger the best, if only because they are more widely used for my characters.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Actually I was kidding, that last message goes for my last password!

Bahamut619
03-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Masamune, because of critical hits.

I think it does most damage with X-Attack

ScottNUMBERS
03-28-2005, 11:21 AM
the most powerful weapon for by far was the brave blade for me it had 237 attack power but its gone down now :cry: the legendary weapons are crap apart from masamune, excalibur and the wizard rod

ehsteve
04-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Not true - the legendary weapons are well suited for throwing! My favorites to use are the sage staff, the wizard rod, and the whip (I forgot the name.)

Masamune·1600
04-05-2005, 05:18 AM
I believe you're referring to the Fire Bute.

ehsteve
04-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Yeah, that's the one.

Also, When I first got the assassin dagger, I equipped it on Faris before I left the seal castle. The first battle I got into was with a Shield Dragon. I didn't realize that the assassin dagger randomly casts death, so I attacked the dragon with it. Bad idea. It reflected and killed one of my characters. I didn't really like the assassin dagger after that incident.

Del Murder
04-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Holy Lance, Excalibur, Masamune. I always get the Assassin Dagger first since so many jobs can have it. The death thing always comes up when you don't want it, which is annoying.

Shearo
04-10-2005, 12:52 AM
my favourate weapons have to be sasuke+assasins dagger dual wielded ^^ top 3 are:
1.Excalibur
2.Masamune
3.Magus rod

06-20-2005, 06:11 AM
My favorite were the Masamune, Yoichi Bow, and Sage Staff (was that one of the legendary weapons? I forget). The Masamune because it dealt a lot of damage to enemies but didn't heal them like Excalibur, the Yoichi Bow because I think it was more powerful than the Artemis, even though it says the attack power on the Artemis is higher. And the Sage staff because you could instantly k/o the crystal monsters in the final area with the save point, those things are pretty annoying if your regular swords keep missing.

But the best weapons in my opinion are someone using tempest swords in each hand for x-attack, and someone double gripping a ragnarok.

But here's the stats of them
http://img88.echo.cx/img88/5695/image2302yx.jpg
http://img88.echo.cx/img88/3197/image2317by.jpg
http://img88.echo.cx/img88/2474/image2329qv.jpg

Shin Gouken
06-20-2005, 02:35 PM
who cares if excalibur isnt quite as powerful as ragnarok! if you have two warriors then equip them both, or better still, have a character use 2-swords :P

i would think that your favorite weapon's would relate directly to your favorite class's :S i agree with the majority here, i like excalibur, masamune and the assasins dagger