PDA

View Full Version : Red XIII

CloudStrife48
03-02-2005, 03:54 AM
It was recently brought to my attention that Red XIII isnt on the character page at the official Advent Children webpage

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

I was wondering if anyone knew why or if they just accidently left him out :eek:

Big D
03-02-2005, 05:59 AM
He's definitely in the movie; there are screenshots galore.
:)

I'd guess they just forgot.
That 'characters' page just focusses on the human, or mostly human characters.

finalheaven
03-02-2005, 08:58 AM
i think he might just be a small part in hte movie then. im assuming hes init coz hes in the screen shots and the trailers ..but that doesnt necessarily confirm thats hes actualyl in it.

Shoden
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
damn i cannot read japenese

well does it come to mind that Red XIII doesnt play a big role in AC

Luthien Rogue
03-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Or maybe they just haven't updated it yet? :P

Shoden
03-04-2005, 10:04 PM
well if the site is official and gets updated all the time but sadly the whole thing is flash related so ya cant translate it

Red XIII is probably whom was moved out of large role slots for Vincent

CloudStrife48
03-04-2005, 10:08 PM
then again they dont have cait sith on the page but he isnt in the movie at all

Shoden
03-04-2005, 10:42 PM
well we dont know do we we'll have to wait and find out just the wait till summer/ early fall for America estimated i can get an imported copy. Hell with it i want to see it now

CloudStrife48
03-04-2005, 11:46 PM
the anticipation is killing me, ill get it even if its in just japanese

Luthien Rogue
03-05-2005, 03:37 PM
well if the site is official and gets updated all the time but sadly the whole thing is flash related so ya cant translate it

It's official, but it doesn't get updated all the time. It took them forever to update the character page... Note that they also do not show Rufus, or Aeris... yet. :\

amratis
03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Yes official sites are very rarely the best or most frequently updated sites.

I dunno, feel free to disagree but I dont think Red will be in the movie much, I'm not saying his part will be *tiny* but I dont think he'll have that much to do. Obviously in the beginning the info and spoilers that we get will be Cloud/Seph orientated with the other characters having less focus on them, but I still cant see him having a big part when the movie finally comes out.

Shoden
03-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Rufus is a mystery
and Aeris is deaded

Luthien Rogue
03-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Rufus is a mystery

He's on the cast list: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385700/

"Toru Ôkawa .... Rufus Shinra (voice)"

Not much of a mystery...

He's the WCM...

and Aeris is deaded

Zack is dead too, and only appears in flashbacks, so why is he on the official site?

Destai
03-05-2005, 06:36 PM
I think Square still intends for the wheel chair man to be a mystery or at least did for an ammount of time. Now the mysteries been figured out by most so he might be in the next update which like you said will probably take ages.
Zack is dead too, and only appears in flashbacks, so why is he on the official site?Maybe they want to keep an air of mystery about her the same way they havent shown her face?

Cloud72789
03-07-2005, 07:56 PM
That doesn't make any sence.. Why put Zack in the official character list when he is just going to be in flashbacks, when Red XIII will be an actual character doing things in the movie? Maybe he won't have a big part, and maybe there will be a lot more flashbacks with Zack.. I kinda like Zack though, he seemed to be really cool in the game. :D

amratis
03-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Mmm, Zack wont be in the movie in a NON-flashback sense I dont think. Him being dead and all, he cant, he's dead remember. You see it happen at the secret scene if you go to The Mansion in Disc 3
Mind you that doesnt seem to stop Seph from reappearing now does it. ;) And Aeris seems to be around in a non-flashback sense, but then, she was half ancient However the circumstances for the former 2 are different from Zacks. He'll just be in flashbacks I think

Cloud72789
03-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, yeah, but that doesn't explain why Red XIII isn't on the official character list. -.-;

amratis
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
It's probably because they just forgot :D
Seriously though...it may be that if he has a very minor part in the film, he may be updated last in the character update section. There may be another update coming soon which has really minor characters in it. He might be in that. ??

Cloud72789
03-08-2005, 11:46 PM
I suppose that is possible. I mean, they're still working on the movie, right? At least I think so, so it is possible that they don't have anybody working on the official site for updates and stuff... So yeah, it will probably be updated later with him. :)