PDA

View Full Version : Zack

CloudStrife48
03-02-2005, 03:58 AM
I wasn't sure which Forum to put this in exactly, but I was wondering if anyone knew Zack's last name (from FF7) I was thinking maybe it was released in Before Crisis but we don't have the game and I don't know anyone in Japan to ask and it just crossed my mind...

so if anyone knows Zack's last name, please shed some light :)

Luthien Rogue
03-02-2005, 04:08 AM
They never told us his last name.

CloudStrife48
03-02-2005, 04:15 AM
I know but I figured in Before Crisis since Zack plays a bigger role in it, they would....

finalheaven
03-02-2005, 08:56 AM
erm.. i dunno..yeah thats right they didnt tell us..heh ^_^

Naughty Tifa
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Nah, we never got to know his last name, just like we never get to know what Reno's last name is, or Sephiroth.

TheAbominatrix
03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Of course, we can assume Sephiroth's last name because we know who his father is, but yeah we never learn a lot of the character's surnames.

zimmunky
03-10-2005, 02:26 AM
My name is Zach, so i know Zack's last name. becuase its my last name, and im zach. ok, that was dumb. lol. my name really is Zach though, I was pysched when i found out i have a FF name.

udsuna
03-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Of course, we can assume Sephiroth's last name because we know who his father is, but yeah we never learn a lot of the character's surnames.

Last I checked, we don't know about sephi, either. Hojo could be a first or last name. Lucrecia wasn't provided a last name.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Nah, we never got to know his last name, just like we never get to know what Reno's last name is, or Sephiroth.Reno Tarshil
Rude Urnar
Elana Marshall
Tseng Tzon

amratis
03-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Where'd you get those from? official site? Manual? Oh well, thanks anyway, Reno Tarshil? Hmmm...I dont think I like that second name but oh well.

V. Valentine
03-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Last I checked, we don't know about sephi, either. Hojo could be a first or last name. Lucrecia wasn't provided a last name.

OR you could be of the school that believes I (vincent) am sephiroths REAL genetic father.

TheAbominatrix
03-10-2005, 06:28 PM

The title Professor Hojo indicates a strong possibility for that to be his last name. We dont know for sure, no, but I'd put money on it.

AoiSora
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Reno Tarshil
Rude Urnar
Elana Marshall
Tseng Tzon

Are those real? I've never seen those anywhere before.

As for Zack. Zack Smith. That's one of the most common last names. So....... :tongue: haha

Dolentrean
03-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Well if you go by that then if you take Aries, Gainsborough might not be her last name since her real father was Prof. Gast

amratis
03-17-2005, 03:52 PM
The title Professor Hojo indicates a strong possibility for that to be his last name. We dont know for sure, no, but I'd put money on it.

Sephiroth Hojo......... :O_O:

Squall of SeeD
03-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Where'd you get those from? official site? Manual? Oh well, thanks anyway, Reno Tarshil? Hmmm...I dont think I like that second name but oh well.

Those aren't official. Were that the case, the official Advent Children site would have those surnames under Reno and Rude's character profiles, yet there aren't any surnames for either.

Camanche
03-17-2005, 04:41 PM
I think those last names were made up by fans who wanted surnames for characters in their fanfiction. A fair amount of people agreed on those decided last names, in order to provide a little continuity in fanfiction as a whole.

Yes, as for Hojo, does anyone know if in Japan, Scientists/teachers are refered to by their first or last names? I'd assume last names because look as 'Instructor Trepe'. But then again, thete's also 'Headmaster Cid', not 'Headmaster Kramer', and there's 'President Shinra', as they don't mention the guys first name. So I haven't a clue, but overall, Hojo is probably Hojo's last name.

As for Vincent being Sephiroth's father, that's quite debatable. It's a nice thought for people who want to think Sephiroth wasn't born through rape/forced sexual intercourse/sex that is not for love, and also, from an unloving father. Not to mention the fact that I personally think Lucrecia + Vincent = Sephiroth, looks wise more then if we switch Hojo into the equation.

All that considered though, I don't think it is possible. At least when we play the game in English, in NA, it isn't made obvious, or possible. For all I know, it could be the same as FFVIII, where in the Japanese game, there is no doubt, and it is specifically stated that Laguna is Squall's father. But in our version of the game, you have to pay attention to some subtle scenes and happenings to know that.

I don't personally believe that Vincent is Sephiroth's father, but I can see how other people might get that idea.

Destai
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Last night I dreamt I knew his last name. No Im not lieing.

Camanche
03-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Who's? Zacks?

I've heard him called Zack (or Zax) Darklighter by a group of fans, I think. For some reason, when I hear that one I think of 'Luke Skywalker'. :p

Destai
03-17-2005, 07:07 PM
How far are you in FFVII?

Camanche
03-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Who, me?

amratis
03-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes, you :D

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
They say in the game that Hojo is Sephiroth's daddy.

As for refering to people Japanese-wise... it really just depends on the amount of familiarity. We can see differences in the way they refer to Headmaster Cid of VIII because of the way he's received. He's like a father figure to many students, not a complete authority figure. Refering to people by their last names usually shows respect or a lack of familiarity. If, for example, you wanted to talk to someone in school you'd never spoken to before... in Japan, you'd address them by their last name, and only by their first if they gave you permission.

At least, that's how I understand it.

And yes, Aerith's last name is Gast, given that he is her birth father.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Are those real? I've never seen those anywhere before.As far as I know, they were created by fans, but Square has made at least one of them legitimate; in Before Crisis, Tseng is referred to as Tzon. Also, Rude's last name is either Urnar or Ulnar depending on the source, indicating that the names originated in Japan.

Aeris's last name is Gainsborough.

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes, that's the last name we're given, but if she's Gast's daughter doesnt that make her last name Gast? Gainsborough in the name of her adoptive mother, yes?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Since last names never crop up in the story (or, in the case of characters whose last names are given, their first names are not) we don't know if Gainsborough is a name she's had all her life or just since she lived with Elmyra. For all we know, it was Ifalna's last name. Either way, though, it's official.

Dolentrean
03-17-2005, 10:53 PM
yes, when she was found in the trainstation her mom said her name was aerith nothing more. so eather his correct but her birthname is Aerith Gast

TheAbominatrix
03-17-2005, 10:59 PM
I know it's the official last name, but her birthname would have to be Aerith Gast.

furry13370taku
06-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks to the new release of Crisis Core, we do indeed now now Zack's last name... unfortunatly it's kind of lame.

His name is Zachary Fair.

Also, since there was some mention on the subject, I believe Vincent is Sephiroth's father solely because Hojo is teh FUGLY XP

hanawa
06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Are those real? I've never seen those anywhere before.

As for Zack. Zack Smith. That's one of the most common last names. So....... :tongue: haha

You remind me of Captain John Smith in Pocahontas! :p

darksword12
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks to the new release of Crisis Core, we do indeed now now Zack's last name... unfortunatly it's kind of lame.

His name is Zachary Fair.

Also, since there was some mention on the subject, I believe Vincent is Sephiroth's father solely because Hojo is teh FUGLY XP

Darn, you beat me to it.

AroHero
11-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Are those real? I've never seen those anywhere before.As far as I know, they were created by fans, but Square has made at least one of them legitimate; in Before Crisis, Tseng is referred to as Tzon. Also, Rude's last name is either Urnar or Ulnar depending on the source, indicating that the names originated in Japan.

Aeris's last name is Gainsborough.

I think it's actually Reno Sinclair.

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Roger. Roger the Shrubber.

Aerisfanatic
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
his name is Zack Fair

James Leopold
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
his name is Zack Fair

....and a cool name it is.

uberwekkness
12-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Zack's last name is "Fair" to create a contrast with Cloud's (Strife).

Zack Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Fair)

"Zack's full name was first revealed in Crisis Core to be Zack Fair. According to Nomura, it is derived from "fair weather", and is intended to contrast with Cloud Strife. "

uberwekkness
12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh, didn't see that someone already answered the question. Ha ha!!

I've heard Sinclair used as Reno's last name before too. It's the one I always use. It sounds the best out of all the others I've seen.

Seal Evil
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM

That's interesting! *Feels dumb* Until now, I didn't know that 'Strife' was actually a proper word. :lol:

Dragon Mage
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM

I must say, that is rather interesting.

Until now, I didn't know that 'Strife' was actually a proper word.

:lol:

oh... my...

Mercen-X
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh, didn't see that someone already answered the question. Ha ha!!

I've heard Sinclair used as Reno's last name before too. It's the one I always use. It sounds the best out of all the others I've seen.

Probably comes from a name of a movie character that sounds fairly like Reno. Like Ian Sinclair or something.
Donald Sinclair. Johnny Sinclair. Stephen Sinclair. Tony Sinclair. Eon Sinclair. Gordon Sinclair. Jimmy Sinclair. Kenia Sinclair. Niven Sinclair. Henry Sinclair, Prince. Peter Sinclair.

Official names are all that is important. Just because Aerith's real dad is Gast, doesn't mean that's her damned last name. She was old enough to remember her father, she must've chosen to live with the name Gainsborough for some good reason. Biology means nothing. Let it go.