03-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Can you defeat omega weapon with:
1. Only 2 characters HP 9999
2. No Hero
3. No Holy war
4. Squall's gunblade is only the Punishment

Sepho
03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
It's possible to beat Omega with a single character and no invincibility items.

It's something I've never attempted, but I'm sure Ultima Shadow will stop by and share some advice the next time he checks the boards.

Skyblade
03-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Invincible Moon... :D

Yellow
03-03-2005, 02:36 AM
I had, in my mind, the oh so great epic battle with omega.
zell, squall, rhinoa. All of them had their ultimate weapons but I didnt have all the magic or 99 of the good magics, or even know how to use zell's limit break correctly. And I just pressed the auto button for the junction, I never understood it.. Level 99 everyone not sure if everyone had 9999 hp but probably.

I beat omega weapon in about 20+ minutes (im thinking near 40).
No holy wars, holy man or whatever it was called.
All I did was aura (or w.e. it was called - the one that gave you limit breaks) after aura, little doggy (PRAYING for invincible moon), lionheart, and GF/ultima/meteor (zelll, but they did like 3000 at the most.. weird).
I die.
Phoenix!!
aura, little doggy (BEGGING for invincible moon), lionheart, curaga (zell)
lionheart
Omega gets red
SQUALL DIES!!
ZELL DIES!!
Rhinoa's turn... COME ON INVINCLIBLE MOON!! I need to get squall back!!
little doggy cannon.. Im devestated.. 40 minutes wasted..

UAAAAAAHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGRRRRRRR

HE DIES!!!!! I rejoice, check out the proof of omega and say:
"all of that.. for this?! WTF?! Oh well.. at least I beat it without holy wars and hero dude =)"
....because I didnt want to give away that card for the holy items (gilgamesh I think). I dont know why, I didnt even collect cards, and I sucked at the card game. Then I proceded to beat the game.

I lost to omega at least 10 times (2-3 hours), and I lost at least 5 times when I went to beat the game afterwards.

............so I guess.... good luck, I needed lots of it, and you definitely need more if you wanna go for it.

--even in other FF's, Im still scared of Light Pillar =*(

seiyuimore
03-03-2005, 02:46 AM
Well I use cerberus - triple then use Aura, manage to score 100,000 hp damage but die in Terra break attack
(Rinoa never used invicible moon)

And did again, this time, angelo reverse came and before even rinoa's turn to do anything, Omega has charged her and then she died.

this happen all the time. Sometimes omega weapon give me 1 or 2 turns before he used Terra break after Mendigo Flare but sometimes he just go bam Meteor, Bam Mendigo flare without letting my character with auto-haste could do anything

That is why I am asking for help. This omega weapon is far more frustrating than Ultima Weapon

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 04:56 AM
If you're only trying to beat Omega and don't care how you go about it, use this strategy:

(Note: It's preferable that Selphie's HP be in the yellow and her Level be 100, but it's not absolutely necessary.)

Take Selphie into the battle and have all three characters with a 100% Status Defense to Death Spells. Also take some Holy Wars and Aura Spells with you. Throw an Aura on Selphie, throw a Holy War on the group, then have Selphie begin re-rolling her Slot Limit Break until The End appears. Cast it on Omega Weapon and victory is yours.

This strategy is cheap as hell, but if it's not an ethical issue for you, or you wouldn't feel unaccomplished by using it, I say go for it. However, I suggest keeping a save that will allow you to go back and fight Omega Weapon again using less cheap strategies.

seiyuimore
03-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Ahem, thank you for the advise but I don't have holy war or Hero or Laguna's card at all. So I can't use holy war or hero. Rinoa's invicible moon never came out as well (Out of luck)

Where to get Hero & Holy war beside card mod Laguna's card?

Rinen
03-03-2005, 06:51 AM
If your fingers are fast enough, you can use Irvine's Quick Shot and Zell's limit break. One time I had 30 seconds on Zell's limit, and it took me a total of .25 seconds to do Booya and Punch Rush. With each hit, I knocked off around 3k-3.5k hp (if Zell is maxed out with a lot of strength, you can hopefully do max damage), so if you multiply that by the number of possible hits, in my case was around 110-120 combos. So when he's done with that, he knocked off a whopping 360k damage. That's if you are fast enough, and have an amazing timer. Make sure you have spd junction with maxed out triples. That way you can make your characters pretty fast. Cast aura on all three. If Rhinoa is good enough, use Invincible Moon, a wonderful limit break, and then go again with Zell's limit break, and with Rhinoa's Invincible Moon and Wishing Star limit breaks. On the side have Irvine use quick shot, although you are limited to only 100 of each ammo, you can still do somewhat decent. My advice is stock up on magic and get some junction scrolls if you dont have them for each GF. If Zell is fast enough, and if you are lucky enough, you would do over with Omega in half an hour. Just hope that your characters are fast enough to cast triple and aura on all. Cast full life when someone dies, if two dies, hope that triple is still in there and cast full life on the other two, repeat process until Omega is dead.

(I was lucky enough where Rhinoa kept using Invincible Moon when I needed it, and for the most part when I didn't, Wishing Star and sometimes Angelo Cannon)

Sepho
03-03-2005, 12:17 PM
The most important thing to remember is, that Omega has a pattern. And the Defend command completely negates the effects of any attack, Terra Break included. If you can time your use of the Defend command, you can last forever against Omega.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help. I'm more of the type of RPGer that likes to completely overpower my opponent, and I haven't beat Omega without Holy Wars (that's not to say that I haven't tried 40+ times, before I knew about the Defend command).

Braindead_Paul
03-03-2005, 12:35 PM
That is why I am asking for help. This omega weapon is far more frustrating than Ultima Weapon
:eek:
Where's Ultima Shadow?!?!!?
Don't tell me he's tired of discussing this topic...

Sepho
03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Couldn't be... :p

Laugh at face of Danger
03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Omega is a hard nut to crack, and takes around half an hour, if you can, max out all HP and try and get 3xDefend commands, one per character, 100xDeath to Status-Def-J and then get Zell, Quistis/Rinoa and Squall together at lv100, then use Lionheart as many times as possible, use Zell Booya/Punch rush many times, With Rinoa pray for Invincible moon (will come in a dire fix) with Quistis use Mighty Guard but be careful about curative magic then. In a while Omega should settle into a pattern, try and use a Holy War/Hero on at least one character and summon GF Cerberus to cast triple/double everything. You should have got one Hero some where on Disk 2 or 3 not sure where. Try it and pray, it works

Rinen
03-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Not to mention to cast meltdown on him. Nothing much to it but time and preparation.

seiyuimore
03-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Well I used defends on Rinoa but still Terra break wiped her up within 2 hits.

Dunno what Defends command is only for physical attack or including magic attacks

Ultima Shadow
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
It's something I've never attempted, but I'm sure Ultima Shadow will stop by and share some advice the next time he checks the boards.
Yes, I will. :)

The most important thing to remember is, that Omega has a pattern. And the Defend command completely negates the effects of any attack, Terra Break included. If you can time your use of the Defend command, you can last forever against Omega.

Well, it's not completely true. Defend negates all "pshycical" attacks, not magical. Terra break, however... IS a psycical attack... but Megido Flame and Lightpillar are not.

:eek:
Where's Ultima Shadow?!?!!?
Don't tell me he's tired of discussing this topic...
I'm right here! Sorry, but I didn't check here yesterday. You should have PMd me about this topic!!! :p
I'll never get tierd of discussing this... but i'll get to that later. First I'll help this dude. :cool:

Now... let's get on with the business! :cool:

1. Only 2 characters HP 9999= Good
2. No Hero= Great!
3. No Holy war= Great!
4. Squall's gunblade is only the Punishment= Good

Now... this is what you need. 2 GFs with the Defend command (Cactuar and Brothers), 100 death at stats-def, some good speed and either x-potions, elexirs or megaelexirs... or alot of curaga magics. You should also have some aura, meltdown and full-lifes.

Note: Megaelexirs will make this battle MUCH easier. Autohaste is a great bonus.

Now... the battle itself should go like this:
1) Omega use Level5 death: You are immune. You cast meltdown on Omega with 1 character and Cerberus with the other one.

(If you don't have auto-haste, cast haste on your characters as soon as possible).

2) Omega use Meteor. You heal your characters until they have 9999 hp and cast either Aura, Shell or Regen. If Omega is using Psycical attacks and haven't been able to cast Meteor yet, use Aura and then pummel him with limmitbreaks. If you don't have any megaelexirs at all, use Regen. If none of the above, then use shell. Without megaelexirs, Regen will atleast help you recover a bit from all of Omegas crappy attacks, Shell blocks some dammage from the crappy attacks and Aura is what you'll use to take away his HP. I you've got alot of megaelexirs and is pretty much faster than Omega, just use Aura. But the most important part is to "FULLY RECOVER after Meteor!!!"

3)Omega will use Megido Flame and your HP will go down to 1!!! You've got 3 choises. The safe but more expensive choise: Use a megaelexir or heal with triple Curaga or X-potions/Elexirs so that your character are completely restored. Later you'll have to heal AGAIN because of Gravia.
The safe and less expensive way: Use defend and standby with your characters like that until Terra Break is cast. THEN heal your characters.
The more risky way: Don,t heal and don't defend but use this moment to unload limmitbreaks. The risky part is if Omega would attack with a normal, psycical attack. However... if both your characters have high evade, it's less risky. If you do this, remember to put on Defend as soon Omega have used "Gravia". Gravia is demi-based and since you've only got 1 HP, it won't do any dammage. Heal directly after Terra Break, no matter what.

4) Omega will use Gravia and then Terra Break... but I've only told you what to do. Whatever happens... your characters "must" Defend after Omega uses Gravia.

5) After Terra Break, Omega will cast Ultima. It will do about 3000-4000 dammage to the average party, 1500-2000 to the average party with Shell and patetic dammage to a party with 240+ spr.

6) Light Pillar. 1 character WILL die... as long as you don't use GFs take the dammage instead. But it's much better to just let 1 character die and then revive him/her with Full-Life.

Then everything will repeat. Just put in a few Limmitbreaks whenever you have the time and recast Aura when the effect wears off. It's really pretty simple. If you're actually using a 3th character even though he don't have 9999 hp, then don't even bother trying to have him/her survive Megido Flame or Terra break. Well... he CAN survive Terra Break if you use protect on him + you're lucky, but expect him/her to die. Just revive him/her with full-life. :cool:

Command Junctioning!!!

If you have some megaelexirs and use 3 characters: Equip both 9999 characters with Magic, Item and Defend. The 3th character is optional but he/she should have GF and use cerberus.

If you have some megaelexirs and just use 2 characters: Equip 1 character with Magic, Defend and Item and the other with Defend, Magic and GF OR have both with Magic, Defend and Items and use the spells Double and Triple instead of cerberus.

If you don't have any megaelexirs: Equip 1 character with Magic, Defend and Item and the other with Defend, Magic and GF if you have X-potions and stuff. If you have no usefull items, then have both with Magic, Defend and GF.

Remember... the effect of Defend will wear off when you use another command. But as long as you use Defend and just standby, it won't lose its effect. Therefore... when defending against Terra Break, use Defend and then standby until terra Break has been used. :cool:

Good luck!

Edit: Oh, and for those who belive that Omega Weapon is harder than Ultima Weapon... check out this: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53904 and read my LONG post!!! :cool:

Braindead_Paul
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Edit: Oh, and for those who belive that Omega Weapon is harder than Ultima Weapon... check out this: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53904 and read my LONG post!!! :cool:

Omega IS harder than Ultima! :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Omega => Lv.5 Death => all characters died => needed a second try => victory
Ultima => one try => victory
==> Omega harder than Ultima

It's that simple!

Sepho
03-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, it's not completely true. Defend negates all "pshycical" attacks, not magical. Terra break, however... IS a psycical attack... but Megido Flame and Lightpillar are not.

Ah, that's what I meant to say. Thanks for the heads up.

As for the Ultima vs. Omega (which one is harder?) argument, I'd say it can be either one depending on the circumstances and the party.

I believe the majority of parties that encounter both will walk right over Ultima and, well, not, when they encounter Omega. But that's assuming that you have a full, three-character, properly-junctioned party.

An example of a cirumstance under which Ultima can be harder: a solo game.

Ultima Shadow
03-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Omega IS harder than Ultima! :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Omega => Lv.5 Death => all characters died => needed a second try => victory
Ultima => one try => victory
==> Omega harder than Ultima

It's that simple!
ANY party with all three characters at 9999 HP + Defend command > Omega. :rolleyes2
MANY parties with all three characters at 9999 HP + Defend command < Ultima. :greenie:

However... Ultima Weapon must be at level 100. If not knowing Omegas attack pattern, then he's harder. But for ANYONE who knows Omegas attack pattern good enough and just use a half-assed or average party, Ultima will be harder. Ultima also have the potentional to be the hardest when facing any party since he's completely random and much faster than Omega. As long as you don't use Lionheart and hero-items, I would say that Ultima is (atleast) slightly harder than Omega. When using Armagedon fist... they both goes down before you can say "icecream with strawberry sauce" and are therefore equall. If you're planning on cheating with The End, then Ultima is harder since 1) he's faster and 2) he may use Lightpillar at Selphie any moment. Everyone who even tries out Omega, Ultima and even Ultimecia these days, seems to use atleast Lionheart and either 10 Holy Wars and/or 100 Heros. That's just crazy. Is everyone overpowering themselves these days? :greenie:
Oh, and not protecting yourself against level5 death the first time you try doesn't make Omega hard in any way. :spin:

As for the Ultima vs. Omega (which one is harder?) argument, I'd say it can be either one depending on the circumstances and the party.

I believe the majority of parties that encounter both will walk right over Ultima and, well, not, when they encounter Omega. But that's assuming that you have a full, three-character, properly-junctioned party.

An example of a cirumstance under which Ultima can be harder: a solo game.
True, true... except that this would mean that the majority of parties are using Lionheart and/or Hero/Holy War or/and that the player lacks knowledge about Omega. But yes, it depends on the party alot.
And yea... in a solo Ultima is atleast 10 times as hard as Omega. :cool:

Please, anyone who still belives that Omega is an overall harder boss... tell me EXACTLY why you think he's harder.

Creeping Shadow
03-05-2005, 05:38 PM
when i beat omega weapon it was by luck and all i get is a crappy certificate!!!!!!!! :hot:

Sepho
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
True, true... except that this would mean that the majority of parties are using Lionheart and/or Hero/Holy War

The easiest way I can think of to sum up my counter is to say, "Yeah, and?"

You seem to be of the mentality that those who use Lionheart and Invincibility items are cheating. On the flip side, I believe the developers put them in the game for players to use them. Holy Wars aren't items commonly dropped by Geezards (and before you say how easily they can be obtained, don't. It's irrelevant; it doesn't change the core of my argument). And it's not as if the Lionheart is there from the start of the game, and even if/when you do get it, it's not likely to majorly turn the tide of battle when fighting Omega (Ultima, on the other hand, can be killed by one or two them). In addition, you can fight ten rounds against either opponent and never see Squall use the Lionheart. You can't consistently pick "Lionheart" on the command menu when you're in a position to use a limit break.

If you want to intentionally put yourself at a disadvantage, that's fine. It's a good way to gain respect, too, I suppose. To be honest, knowing Omega's pattern, I think I could also beat him in nearly every manner that you have done so (besides the blindfold thing - that's just craaaazy), but I'd sooner play another game or something than spend time making the attempt. I've got respect for you for doing these challenges, but it's not my thing.

And yea... in a solo Ultima is atleast 10 times as hard as Omega.

"Nearly impossible" is a better description, assuming you're relying on skill. I'd imagine luck plays a far greater roll in whether you're successful against Ultima in a solo fight. If he uses Light Pillar, you're dead. If not, Ultima should fall in a few rounds.

Ultima Shadow
03-05-2005, 10:30 PM
The easiest way I can think of to sum up my counter is to say, "Yeah, and?"
"And"... that's just crazy? :p

You seem to be of the mentality that those who use Lionheart and Invincibility items are cheating. On the flip side, I believe the developers put them in the game for players to use them. Holy Wars aren't items commonly dropped by Geezards (and before you say how easily they can be obtained, don't. It's irrelevant; it doesn't change the core of my argument). And it's not as if the Lionheart is there from the start of the game, and even if/when you do get it, it's not likely to majorly turn the tide of battle when fighting Omega (Ultima, on the other hand, can be killed by one or two them). In addition, you can fight ten rounds against either opponent and never see Squall use the Lionheart. You can't consistently pick "Lionheart" on the command menu when you're in a position to use a limit break.
Ofcourse I know that they aren't put into the game as "cheats". But in my eyes, anything that gives you such a crazy advantage is a bit... "cheap". Just like Zanmato in FFX. I know they're not really cheats but it really bugs me that they actually exists in the game. But that's just the way I (and a few others) look at those items and attacks. Using them isn't really cheating... it's just that I don't like that you can just use Hero and then Lionheart to beat ANYTHING in the game with ease. Lionheart isn't really cheap. I guess there's no way I can call it cheat or something like that. I just hate overpowered stuff. :p However... Hero and Holy Wars are nothing but cheap in my opinion. Ofcourse, that's just my opinion... and it doesn't mean that people aren't allowed to use them. It's just that I hate the very existence of those items. :D And therefore I "call" them cheap and cheat. :greenie:

If you want to intentionally put yourself at a disadvantage, that's fine. It's a good way to gain respect, too, I suppose. To be honest, knowing Omega's pattern, I think I could also beat him in nearly every manner that you have done so (besides the blindfold thing - that's just craaaazy), but I'd sooner play another game or something than spend time making the attempt. I've got respect for you for doing these challenges, but it's not my thing.
Well... the "command junctioning only, first weapon only, no cheap items (XD :p ), and no The End challange is... well... even whorse to say the least. The only way to be sure to survive Megido Flame is to block with GF, Omega is a little faster than your characters + you'll do crappy dammage with most attacks. The attack Ultima can wipe you out if not COMPLETELY healed and... yea... you get it. It took me 1hour and 25min when I actually defeated him this way. The blindfolded thing may have been a bit crazy... but that was INSANE. Oh... and when I battled Ultima the same way... well... he was just as bad as Omega... atleast. He was twice as fast as all the characters and Gravia + Quake= Game Over. :cool:

"Nearly impossible" is a better description, assuming you're relying on skill. I'd imagine luck plays a far greater roll in whether you're successful against Ultima in a solo fight. If he uses Light Pillar, you're dead. If not, Ultima should fall in a few rounds.
Well... in the solo it IS still possible to survive the Lightpillar attacks without Heros. By summoning a GF you'll prevent Lightpillar from killing you. However... since it random, it's impossible to know when he use Lightpillar. But he's more likely to NOT use it if he already just used it. Therefore... if you summon GF and kills it with Lightpillar the % of him doing it again the next turn is lower and therefore you can attack him your next turn and then start to summon again. That's the way I did it.

Man... I really can't make a short post in these treads. :p

Sepho
03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm content with concluding that we just have two different playstyles. I enjoy spending hours developing my party so I can take out anyone easily (granted, in FF8 it's not difficult to get a level 100 party and powerful magic with which to junction). I do like the occassional 10 or 15 minute-long boss fight, but on the other hand, I love to put on some music, get into a trance, and level up for hours (more in some games over others).

Well... in the solo it IS still possible to survive the Lightpillar attacks without Heros. By summoning a GF you'll prevent Lightpillar from killing you.

Ah, I hadn't even considered the GF thing. It's been so long since I summoned a GF, that I don't even have the GF command on my menu list.

Ultima Shadow
03-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm content with concluding that we just have two different playstyles. I enjoy spending hours developing my party so I can take out anyone easily (granted, in FF8 it's not difficult to get a level 100 party and powerful magic with which to junction). I do like the occassional 10 or 15 minute-long boss fight, but on the other hand, I love to put on some music, get into a trance, and level up for hours (more in some games over others).
That's true. :) And what really matters is that everyone plays the game the way THEY prefere. And enjoy it. ;)

Ah, I hadn't even considered the GF thing. It's been so long since I summoned a GF, that I don't even have the GF command on my menu list.
XD! :lol: Yea, the GFs gets pretty useless later in the game... except for blocking dammage.

Oh, and I still belive that Ultima is tougher than Omega... seriously... he IS harder than Omega!!! :tongue:

:D

However... I still think that they both should have been harder. Omega should've had random moves and Ultima should've had 17,000,000HP + more and better moves, including Bad Breath and Degenerator, Apocalypse instead of Quake and Megido Flame instead of Meteor + Shockwave Pulsar and Terra Break etc. :cool:

Edit: OMG! I actually DID a pretty short post! :eek:

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 02:32 AM
I haven't even done it the cheap way. I need to put that on my list of things to do.

seiyuimore
03-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Well the other problem is, my character has less than 200 for spr and vit

Ultima Shadow
03-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Well the other problem is, my character has less than 200 for spr and vit
Then use Shell. Vit is only needed against his normal attacks... nothing all that important. :cool:

seiyuimore
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Will Reflect magic has effect on Meteor or Medigo Flare?

Ultima Shadow
03-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Will Reflect magic has effect on Meteor or Medigo Flare?
Nope it won't. The reflect spell is useless in this battle and you can't block the dammage from Megido Flame.
Make sure that you're completely healed after Meteor and don't forget to heal again at one of the times I pointed out. Cast tripple on your character as early in the battle as you can and use Shell on your party.

Also, what's your junctioning like?

seiyuimore
03-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Well my first character has Recover then magic then item then spd 20%, auto shell, luck 50% with 9999 HP
my second character has Revive then magic then item then spd 40%, rare item, str 40% with 9999 HP
My Squall has 6600 HP with magic, GF cerberus, Auto Haste and Auto protect, str 60%, return damage

rubah
03-08-2005, 02:52 AM
I'd take rare item off, if I were you.

I mean, do you really need it against omega? X.x;

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
I'd take rare item off, if I were you.

I mean, do you really need it against omega? X.x;

It adds to the challenge. :D

rubah
03-08-2005, 03:05 AM
if they're only using spd+20 they probably aren't in it for teh challenge:P

Ultima Shadow
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Well my first character has Recover then magic then item then spd 20%, auto shell, luck 50% with 9999 HP
my second character has Revive then magic then item then spd 40%, rare item, str 40% with 9999 HP
My Squall has 6600 HP with magic, GF cerberus, Auto Haste and Auto protect, str 60%, return damage
Ok, that sounds pretty good except: Don't use Recover and Revive, use "DEFEND"!!!
Defend is anequipable command that the GFs Cactuar and Brothers have. This command is extremely usefull in this battle. Also, Rare Item is useless, so don't use it either. Return Dammage isn't that good either since the total dammage it will return is a very small amount commpared to what you should do with limmitbreaks.

Note: Having Auto-Shell equiped on 1 character isn't really that necessary since it's much more effective to just use tripple haste on everyone and save the ability slot for something else. You should get something like Spr+ or Speed+ instead of Auto-Shell, Return Dammage and Rare Item. Auto-Protect on Squall isn't really needed either, but it's still ok. What other character do you use and how does the battle usually go?

seiyuimore
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
What other character do you use and how does the battle usually go?

Let see, that time I have Irvine and Rinoa. The battle goes like this:
1. Omega casts death spell. All character missed
2. Irvine shoot, Rinoa attack, Squall cast tripple.
3. Omega attacks with meteor. Irvine dropped to 8600 HP, Rinoa dropped to 9300HP, Squall dropped to 4600 HP.
4. Irvine used Recover on Rinoa, Squall used Aura on all of them, Rinoa waited till she gets the aura then I started pressing buttons to get Rinoa limit break then have her limit break. It came out with angelo cannon
5. Omega casts Megido Flare. All character except Rinoa died (Because only Rinoa that time has 9999HP)
6. Rinoa revived Irvine.
7. Omega casts Terra Break.
8. Game over.

Ultima Shadow
03-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Do you have the "Defend" command? If so, then the battle should go like this: 1 use Meltdown with Rinoa and cast tripple on Squall with Irvine then cast tripple Haste on party with Squall. After Megido Flame, cast tripple Cura or Curaga on Rinoa and Irvine. Try to start summoning a GF with Squall. When Megido is cast, both Rinoa and Irvine should be alive and Squall as well, if you blocked the dammage with a GF. Now heal and revive Squall (if he died) quickly, cast tripple Tripple on party with Squall. Yes, Squall is already affected but make sure Rinoa and Irvine is as well. And then Defend with Irvine and Rinoa. Thanks to the Auto-Protect there's a chanse that Squall will survive. Heal completely, cast tripple shell before Ultima and then try to get in a few Aura+limmitbreaks and don't forget to revive after Light Pillar. Try out this and tell me how the battle went.

seiyuimore
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, I will try it and let you know the result.

Ultima Shadow
03-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Good luck. :)

seiyuimore
03-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I have tried your way for one try it came out like this:

1. Irvine cast Tripple on Squall
2. Squall cast aura on 3 of them
3. Rinoa cast meltdown on Omega
4. Omega cast Death (all miss.)
5. Irvine do the limit break (AP ammo)
6. Squall do Renzozuken (Without Blazting zone or other bonus in the end though it was a perfect hit)
7. Rinoa do Angelo Cannon
8. Omega Cast Meteor
9. Omega cast Megido Flare (My characters are not given a turn)
10. Game over

Ultima Shadow
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Seems like you're way too slow then... try using "Haste" in the begining instead of Aura and if you're still to slow... then just wait with 1 character on standby until Meteor is cast and then heal your party as soon as possible. You MUST be completely healed before Meteor. Remember: Being fast is one of the keys to an easy victory. What's your characters speed stats? Omega have 62 in speed, so try to be faster than that. Also, use Haste in the begining.

seiyuimore
03-17-2005, 05:13 AM
One of my character has 71 in spd but still no faster than Omega.
Seems that it becomes quicker after I cast Meltdown.

Ultima Shadow
03-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Ummm... that's strange because Meltdown don't haste him or something. Anyway... just use haste on your party. Be sure to select the commands quickly. You're using the ATB system so Omega won't wait for you. You could also try to re-junction so that you get a bit more in speed as well. Remember to haste your party as soon as possible.

lionhearted
03-30-2005, 10:11 AM
A while ago Seiyuimore asked if there was a way of getting Heros and Holy Wars beside Card Modding.

If you are truly dedicated (or have a he** of a lot of time on your hands) you can try this.

For this you must have : Siren, Doomtrain, and Alexander and have learned Tool-RF, Forbid Med-RF, and Med LV Up repectively. Using Bahamut and Diablos' Mug ability will come in handy, so will any GF with Initiative - Pandemona/Catuar/Tonberry.

Once you have learned these abilities, you must find an area abundant with Tri-Faces (I recommend the area under the Deep Sea Research Facility after defeating Bahamut and on the way to Ultima Weapon). You should ideally be above Level 35 to reap full benefits. Have Quistis in your party and make sure that she has learned Degenerator, also keep her on low health and junction Initiative to her Party Abilities, so she can instantly kill the Trii-faces you encounter. If for some reason Quistis is knocked out, use your other party members to Mug the Tri-face and kill it (killing is optional - you can run). By doing so, you should receive a few Curse Spikes. this should be repeated until you have a few hundred Curse Spikes.

Now for the modding: Once you have 100 Curse Spikes, use Tool-RF to change that into 1 Dark Matter, then again use that to refine it again into 1 Shaman Stone.

Once you have 10 Shaman Stones, use Forbid Med-RF to refine these into 1 Hero-trial.

Then use Med LV Up to change 10 Hero-trials into 1 Hero. Once you have 10 Heros, you can use this to refine into 1 Holy War-trial. And once you finally have 10 Holy War-trials, you can refine this into 1 Holy War!!!

So...
100 Curse Spikes 1 Dark Matter
1 Dark Matter 1 Shaman Stone
10 Shaman Stones 1 Hero-trial
10 Hero-trials 1 Hero
10 Heros 1 Holy War-trial
10 Holy War-trials 1 Holy War

Therefore, if you want to refine 100 Holy Wars, you must first aqcuire 100, 000, 000 Curse Spikes. Enjoy!

Shalashaska
03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Or you could simply mod Gilgamesh's card 10 times and have 100 Holy Wars in around 15 minutes.

rubah
04-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Or you could use angelo search, keep your cards, and go and sleep all night long.