PDA

View Full Version : Lifestreams and Memories As Magic: A FF Constant?

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 04:28 AM
::Edited::

I'm going to make a new Thread on this matter.

Gunblades
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
ok, i admit i havent read through your post, but i agree with your signiture.

I was attracted to FF7 and the world of FF because it picked up on one of the most basic oldest concepts in magic and the earth - lifeforce. The idea that everything has a sole and when it dies it returns to the planet. This concept has been important to pagans , witchs and druids since before the bronzeage and the fact a Video game was teaching this was amazing.

ljkkjlcm9
03-03-2005, 01:08 PM
such a long post, and what does it really say? First of all, your character never learns magic in FFVIII, in fact, your character never learns anything and magic is just this thing you draw from the enemies. You could say you're drawing their spirit, but then of course they ahve an endless spirit because you can draw forever...

And you can't say it's an FF constant if you're missing half the series... sorry dude

THE JACKEL

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
First of all, your character never learns magic in FFVIII, in fact, your character never learns anything and magic is just this thing you draw from the enemies.

The indication I'm offering is that by Drawing and Stocking Magic, it becomes "learned." If you'll recall, Griever was pulled out of Squall's mind by Ultimecia. The official English translation for using Scan on the creature says "In Squall's mind, the greatest GF, and the literal English translation of what Ultimecia says before calling Griever forth is something to the effect "Your feelings, I shall summon the most powerful of things [from them]!" This tells us she already could reach into someone's mind to some extent. Taking into account that she can blow away an entire stock of a certain Spell from a character at any time, one has to wonder by which means she's going about that. Seeing as how she can apparently reach into the heads of others, I'm proposing that to be what she does to blow away a stock of Spells.

And you can't say it's an FF constant if you're missing half the series... sorry dude

I'm not saying it is. I'm putting that question to you folks to offer your own speculation as to whether or not it may be possible in others if you have seen examples of it beyond in the games I offer suggestion of it.