PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Color!!

Tidus Andronicus
03-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Who didn't see this coming?
Even though Nintendo said they wouldn't, now it apears we will be able to get our DS in Color!
When these reach the States I'm trading mine in for a black one! ^_^/
Or maybe a blue one... XD

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/hardware/index.html#ds_color

Graphite Black and Pearl White will be released on March 24th. Turquoise Blue and Candy Pink will be up for sale April 21st! Of course these are the Japanese release dates.
If they dont come to America, I'll import it, seeing as Nintendo is nice enough to not put region codes on their stuff. ^_^;

crashNUMBERS
03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh god its the apoclypse...
Damn nintendo, even though the black looks cool. they should make a red one.

Tidus Andronicus
03-03-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm sure they will make a red one for America... look at what they did with the SP!
It has some interesting colors in Japan... but we got the cool colors! Onix Black, Flame Red or whatever it is... lol And even the ones with tatoos and retro designs.
I'm sure it will be the same this time too.
Nintendo knows that not a lot of people in America are going to want Turquoise Blue and Candy Pink colors... so they will probably be a little different names and shades... the point is we know they will do it! ^_^;

Xander
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Yaaay. *hugs you* I've been waiting to find out about this. I've always been saying I wouldn't get a DS unless they release a blue one. xD But..hmm turquoise..I'd prefer a normal dark blue like my GBA SP. But maybe they'll have some more colours like you say. But still, it's good to know there will be more colours! I thought there would be.

Ick, the pink one is horrible though.

Rainecloud
03-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Then the limited edition Tribal version will be released, and then the Classic NES edition...

And so on and so forth. =/

omnitarian
03-03-2005, 07:59 PM
The black and blue/black ones are pretty 'hawt'. Please excuse my moronic patois.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before I can no longer resist the collective beckon of Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, Castlevania, Advance Wars, Metroid Prime Hunters, and FF3.

Old Manus
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I despise Nintendo. I'll buy a PSP instead.

Necronopticous
03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
The pink one is my favorite, too bad I don't want a DS.

I'll buy a PSP instead
Me too.

Tidus Andronicus
03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
If I had more money, I'd get a psp, along with my ds...

And I've come to the conclusion that there are more reasons to not support Sony, because of certain business ethics... Only thing with Nintendo, they still seem caught on kids games, and for the sake of their hardware they need more games for other ages as well to play. XD
Either way, you like what you like... and for those of us that like the DS, this color announcement ROCKS! ^_^;

Zeldy
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
I despise Nintendo. I'll buy a PSP instead.

OMG you did not just say that!?
Nintendo Rocks man!
I have a DS, got it this morning. w00t! its awesome.
got silver. its ace.

SilverWind
03-04-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree the DS is very Ace! Though the blue is too light blue. Mabey if they made it SP Blue...

Xalioniaf
03-04-2005, 03:45 AM
When I first read the title, I thought one of the following two things:
1)A DS pirate addon that plays GBC games.
2)Some stupid person thinking the DS was originally B&W.
Well, I was doubllly wrong. Anyway, my DS is decaled, so it doesn't matter. Fear the space!

Shlup
03-04-2005, 03:47 AM
PEARLY PINK!

I could spend all day playing Wario Ware Touched on a pearly pink GBDS... Oh man. *SQUEEEE*

Tidus Andronicus
03-04-2005, 05:06 AM
When I first read the title, I thought one of the following two things:
1)A DS pirate addon that plays GBC games.
2)Some stupid person thinking the DS was originally B&W.
Well, I was doubllly wrong. Anyway, my DS is decaled, so it doesn't matter. Fear the space!

XD XD yea, I thought someone might interpret it like that XD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Hopefully a red one is released before the next Castlevania comes out.

Behold the Void
03-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Hopefully some good games will come out and give me a reason to buy it. Or not. That's a crap load of money I don't have.

Necronopticous
03-04-2005, 06:23 AM
I've come to the conclusion that there are more reasons to not support Sony, because of certain business ethics... I never understood this thinking... Holding back from having fun just because you have something against the company who puts out the medium...

Entertainment is more important to me than little grudges against the companies that provide it. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

Mittopotahis
03-04-2005, 06:54 AM
uhhh...im actually quite happy with my Silver! The other colours dont look too good in my opinion

The Shoeless Hobo
03-04-2005, 07:22 AM
I don't like Nintendo, but I bought a NDS anyway. I'll be gettign a PSP 2 months after launch, though.

I so want a pink NDS, even though I'm a guy...

Lucky Charms
03-04-2005, 08:42 AM
PEARLY PINK!

I could spend all day playing Wario Ware Touched on a pearly pink GBDS... Oh man. *SQUEEEE*

Ditto. Except.. darn.. they dont have it in orange. lol.

Tidus Andronicus
03-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I can not like Sony and still buy a PSP ^_^;;
I probably will... once I get a new job and more money XD

Although I will say, if a company has bad business ethics that the customers don't agree with... the complany won't change its ways unless its effecting their sales... so when I don't approve of what a company does, I think twice before I support them with my money. ^_^;
As far as the PSP goes, Sony's been handling it quite nicely... even if it has some issues.

Zeldy
03-04-2005, 10:56 PM
PEARLY PINK!

Wario ware Touched is awesome! :love:
*turns on DS*
ooh i love the way it brings up the logo! its so stylish!

Halenite
03-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Why does this surprise you?
Nintendo did this with all their handhelds (except, I believe, the original Game Boy) and Nintendo 64.

Endless
03-05-2005, 12:50 PM
You're wrong on both points, in fact.

A little before making the GBC, they released a GB light and a clear case GB (http://www.computercloset.org/GameBoyLight_Clear.jpg).
And let's not forget the infamous N64 Pikachu edition (http://www.rolentapress.com/rolenta/collection/nintendo/pikachu%20n64.jpg).

Daggers64
04-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Nintendo just announced today that they will be releasing their new Color for the DS: "Electric Blue"

See the attached file that I got off Nintendo's press site! ^_^; I compressed it a little, so it would fit in the attachments requirements. =/ Nintendo makes these images huge. XD

Original article on Nintendo's press site:

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES FIRST NEW COLOR FOR NINTENDO DS: 'ELECTRIC BLUE'

New Color Follows Sale of Nearly 2 Million Systems in North America

REDMOND, Wash., April 19, 2005 – Nintendo of America Inc. introduces the first new color in the Western Hemisphere for its popular Nintendo DS™ portable video game system. "Electric Blue" debuts in June and will become a permanent color in the DS palette, joining the original silver-and-black model, named "Titanium."

"This eye-catching new color comes at an ideal time," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Nearly 2 million Nintendo DS owners in North America alone have demonstrated they want something new from a hand-held video game system. Soon, consumers will have two popular choices for the innovative dual-screened Nintendo DS, which features touch-screen control, voice recognition and wireless play."

June also will see the release of two exciting new DS games. On June 13, Kirby™: Canvas Curse will bring a new touch-screen twist to a popular franchise. Players will draw rainbow paths for Kirby to roll along as he stuns enemies and takes on their abilities. And on June 27, the highly anticipated and highly addictive puzzle game Meteos™ will have players launching deadly falling meteors back into space with touch-screen precision.

The worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home and portable video game systems. Each year, hundreds of all-new titles for the best-selling Game Boy® Advance SP, Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems extend Nintendo's vast game library and continue the tradition of delivering a rich, diverse mix of quality video games for players of all ages. Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.9 billion video games and more than 336 million hardware units globally, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario™ and Donkey Kong® and launching popular culture franchise phenomena such as Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.com.

Rase
04-20-2005, 01:42 AM
When I first read the title, I thought...
Some stupid person thinking the DS was originally B&W.

Agent Proto
04-20-2005, 01:43 AM
That's more like the blue I like. <3

Quina
04-20-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm going to get one of each!

Tidus Andronicus
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
oh awesome blue color! ^_^
I saw this color this morning, but I didn't get to it before you Daggers64... good job, that was fast. XD

Xander
04-20-2005, 11:48 PM
BLUE! I was waiting for that!! <3