PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine

Dr.K
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
How do you respond to it? Does it make you feel nice and stimulated, or anxious and on-edge? Do you need a nice tea or coffee to start off the day? I used to react well to it, but recently I think I've developed a hypersensitivity to it, or an allergy, as two cups of coffee in the same hour nowadays gets my heart palpitating like nobody's business.

Jojee
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
It makes me happy cos' it tastes good... or at least, most caffeinated drinks taste good ^_^ As for how I react, I really can't notice a difference!

Chris
03-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I usually don't like coffee, but I absolutely adore ice cream with coffee flavor. The times I've tasted coffee... I've felt a little weary, headache and minor pains.

Leeza
03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
The only way that caffiene affects me is to give me a raging headache by the afternoon if I don't have any in the morning.

Little Miss Awesome
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Erm, I have so many drinks with caffeine in I can't really notice a difference, I think it makes me slightly more alive though :D

Erdrick Holmes
03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Caffine is my enemy. If I have a can of Cola I won't be able to sleep for days.

Blackmageboi
03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
caffine relaxes my musles and makes it hard for my to talk because my mouth is relaxed but it makes me more energetic and awake

omnitarian
03-03-2005, 04:17 PM
One or two cans of [fizzy caffeinated beverage] in the morning slide me right into not-sleepy town. Of course, caffeine after noon will mess you up. So I don't do any of that.

Destai
03-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Worlds most popular drug? The more of it you use, the more you come to depend on it so Id rather avoid it.

ravenzero2000
03-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Caffine gives me energy, that's why its all i drink. Screw water, I need something that keeps me awake with quick enough reflexes and speed to play through as many FF titles as I want in one sitting. YAY! :D

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Rainecloud
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I can't really tell the difference.

I can drink three cups of tea before bed and still sleep soundly.

Dr Unne
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
The only way that caffiene affects me is to give me a raging headache by the afternoon if I don't have any in the morning.

Pretty sure I had a nasty caffeine-withdrawl headache yesterday. I'm thinking of giving it up. I gave it up before for a year, it didn't seem to make a bit of difference, but I think I had less headaches.

Also caffeine is a hard word to spell correctly. I had to look it up.

theundeadhero
03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I would be hard pressed to find someone around me who isn't dependant on Red Bull. We all sleep a few hours a night then hit it heavy all day most of the time. You should see the stockpile we keep in the D-fac! I've seen less for sale in a grocery store.

Leeza
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Pretty sure I had a nasty caffeine-withdrawl headache yesterday. I'm thinking of giving it up. I gave it up before for a year, it didn't seem to make a bit of difference, but I think I had less headaches.
I don't think that you would still be getting headaches after the initial ones that you get during the withdrawal stage, if you don't have anymore caffeine.

I did read somewhere that coffee actually helps headaches. I know it does for me because I'm addicted to it, but it also is good for people who aren't addicted to it because the caffeine does something to the veins in your head that makes them relax, or something.

Rainecloud
03-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't think that you would still be getting headaches after the initial ones that you get during the withdrawal stage, if you don't have anymore caffeine.

I attempted to give up drinking tea, and the headaches only lasted for three weeks or so. I'd say that any headaches you experience after this time period are probably down to something completely different.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been caffeine free for about three weeks now because of Lent. I'm dying inside.

Leeza
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
I know what you mean, Spiff. I gave it up before, but that cup of coffee in the mornings is just too good and decaf or tea or anything else just doesn't cut it, so I got addicted again.

Miriel
03-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Caffeine keeps me going through the day.

We're living in a Starbucks society and I am the love child of a torrid Starbucks/Red Bull affair.

boris no no
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
How do you respond to it? Does it make you feel nice and stimulated, or anxious and on-edge? Do you need a nice tea or coffee to start off the day? I used to react well to it, but recently I think I've developed a hypersensitivity to it, or an allergy, as two cups of coffee in the same hour nowadays gets my heart palpitating like nobody's business.
pretty m uch what it's like fro me.
i used to drink about three cups of black coffee a day.
now i can just manage two cups of weak teaand i still stay up most of the night.