PDA

View Full Version : Problem with disk and console

Maya
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
I have this original ff8 ps1-game and ps2-console. When I put the first disk to teh console, it just does something or should I say nothing and then it infoms that error reading disk. Thereīs no obvious marks or lines which might do errors. I just bought it and itīs used. All disks seems ok, but console just canīt read it. What might cause this? The disk is also clean. :confused:

amratis
03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure, where did you get this disc? Are you absolutly sure there arent any scratch's on the disc? Have another look at the general condition of the disc's. I got FFIX through eBay and it was completely scratched to hell, wouldnt play atall, Thankfully I got a refund though and got another much better one through eBay

Yuffie514
03-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I have this original ff8 ps1-game and ps2-console. When I put the first disk to teh console, it just does something or should I say nothing and then it infoms that error reading disk. Thereīs no obvious marks or lines which might do errors. I just bought it and itīs used. All disks seems ok, but console just canīt read it. What might cause this? The disk is also clean. :confused:

is that the first time it happened :mad: ? maybe you already know this stuff :) , but my console will also do that to me if a disk is dusty :mad: or it's not in the center of the tray ;) .

Maya
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
It started to work when my brother put another disk first and it asked the first one. Then it worked just fine. There wasnīt scratches or dust. Weird I say. All disks were in good condition.

Creeping Shadow
03-05-2005, 06:55 PM
im no cpu wiz but i think that there might be some data missing from your disk or its your ps2 if you are using a ps2 sometimes the ps2 has trouble reading ps1 disks so i would just use a ps1 to play it

Queen Anthai
03-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I don't know why, but the PS2 sucks sometimes trying to read PS1 disks. I have the same trouble you did - every single time I try to play the game.

Ergo, here's how I jerry-rigged it into working (under the assumption it's not playing Disc 1):

1. Put in another disc and wait for it to load. (Try it with all of the discs until you get ONE of them to work.)

2. Start your game and select the "continue" or "new game" option if you're starting fresh.

3. When you select "new game" or your Disc 1 file, it will ask for you to insert Disc 1. Open the CD drawer and insert Disc 1. Now the PS2 will more or less have to read it! Yeah! Error this disc, beeyotch! :)

I talk to inanimate objects too much. :p

JseanjohnC
03-13-2005, 11:39 PM
and it's funny how this occurs more for ff8 than any other game! it happens to right about the time of Galbadia and Irvine joins the team. :(