PDA

View Full Version : Vincent, again.... [spoilers, maybe]

Kamrusepas
03-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Some questions 'bout him:

Who decided he must sleep there? Was it himself?

How long had he been sleeping there? Since Hojo experimented on him?

Was he sleeping during the burning of Nibelheim? The mansion didn't burn, did it?

If he was there at that time, did Sephiroth know about him being there?

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Who decided he must sleep there? Was it himself?

Hojo's letter in the Shinra Mansion has him stating that he put Vincent to sleep there, but Vincent very obviously felt that he deserved it as a punishment:

(From Hojo's letter.)

"I must get rid of all those that stand in the way of my
research. Even that one from the Turks."
"I scientifically altered him, and put him to sleep in the
basement. If you want to find him, then search the area."

(From Vincent's dialogue in the Shinra Mansion's basement.)

Vincent
"There was no way to cancel the experiment."
"I couldn't stop her."
"That was my sin."
"I let the one I loved, the one I respected most, face the worst."

Tifa
"So the punishment was sleep? That's weird."

How long had he been sleeping there? Since Hojo experimented on him?

We're not told, sadly, though I doubt that was the case. When Vincent awoke, he was still wearing his Turk uniform and Hojo was nowhere in sight, nor did there seem to be an indication that Vincent was confined:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/VincentAwakens.jpg

Was he sleeping during the burning of Nibelheim? The mansion didn't burn, did it?

Again, we're not told when he was put to sleep or for how long, so it's impossible to determine, really. No, by the way, the Mansion didn't burn.

If he was there at that time, did Sephiroth know about him being there?

Certainly not. Had he, he would have no doubt questioned him about the past and his possible involvement in his origins. But, again, it may be that Vincent wasn't in the basement yet.

In all honesty, considering that the letter Hojo left in the Shinra Mansion isn't there in the Kalm Flashback, that Vincent wasn't wearing his red outfit when he awoke from Hojo's experimentation and didn't appear to be confined, nor did Hojo seem to be around, and that Hojo's letter doesn't say exactly when he put Vincent into the basement, I think that Vincent wasn't placed there until after the razing of Nibelheim by Sephiroth.

There's no strong evidence for it aside from the massive holes in narrative concerning Vincent's past, but it seems to be just as likely. Perhaps Vincent attempted to stop Hojo and the Shin-Ra soldiers from rounding up the survivors of the massacre and was incapacitated, then placed into the basement where Vincent accepted it as his punishment.

Kamrusepas
03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Hm, but it would not cause anything horrible to happen if I were to write in a fic that he was there during the Nibelheim incident?

Squall of SeeD
03-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Hm, but it would not cause anything horrible to happen if I were to write in a fic that he was there during the Nibelheim incident?

I can't see why it would. It's just as possible that he was there as that he wasn't. If that's how you prefer to imagine things, go with it, especially if you're going to be writing this story because it's something you want to write. I can understand that you're probably going to want to be as accurate in regard to the source material as possible, but seeing as how this specific matter wasn't explained in the game, you've got plenty of room to work.

Good luck with your Fic.

Kamrusepas
03-04-2005, 09:39 AM

One more thing:
His metallic hand. Is it just a glove [doubt it.] or something that attached to him for good?
He does say "this body is my punishment" or something like that.

Rostum
03-04-2005, 12:22 PM

One more thing:
His metallic hand. Is it just a glove [doubt it.] or something that attached to him for good?
He does say "this body is my punishment" or something like that.

I believe all that was apart of Hojo's experimentation on him.

Camanche
03-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I think the golden hand is kind of like a replacement for his real one. A fully functional prothstetic limb, if you will. Perhaps he lost it when Hojo was messing with his body? Another theory is that it is used to cover a deformed hand, again, because of Hojo's experimentation with his body.

Kamrusepas
03-04-2005, 04:36 PM
But it might not be attached by Hojo?
When he gets up from the table, he's still "normal."
Did Hojo do something to him after that?

Wait, is there another unanswered question here?
And I mean this: how much time passed between Vince's awakening from the table and Hojo putting him to sleep?

Luthien Rogue
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
03-04-2005 04:36 PM But it might not be attached by Hojo?
When he gets up from the table, he's still "normal."
Did Hojo do something to him after that?

Wait... he was still "normal" after Hojo left? If you take a look at his pics in DoC it looks like a gauntlet. There's a black glove with the golden claw on top of that. I don't think it's part of his body.

Wait, is there another unanswered question here?
And I mean this: how much time passed between Vince's awakening from the table and Hojo putting him to sleep?

Roughly 30 years.

:love:

~Rogue