PDA

View Full Version : White mage battle: Eiko or Garnet?

Cybele
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I personally prefer Eiko. She's got attitude, plus she learns Holy. Garnet wouldn't follow my commands when she lost her voice and her best eidolon is a pain to get. I just like Eiko better and her trance is more useful to me. Although sometimes I use both.

TheSpoonyBard
03-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Definately Eiko. Whenever I play I cannot wait to get to Condie Petit so I can replace Garnet/Dagger. Eiko's white magic is far superior to Dagger's, and her Eidolons are much more useful and versatile, especially as there is a small chance Phoenix will appear if you happen to be unlucky enough to get a Game Over.

boris no no
03-03-2005, 10:28 PM
i've just always liked garnet.
dunno whhy!
eiko annoys me at times. :)

TheSpoonyBard
03-03-2005, 10:44 PM
eiko annoys me at times
Do you dislike Yuffie/Selphie/Rikku too? By talking to people on this forum I've found there is quite a strong related dislike of these characters that 'annoy' people, seemingly on purpose.

Flamethrower
03-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Eiko is far, far more useful than Garnet. I can't understand why anyone would choose Garnet over her.

Destination0
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Eiko...
i use eiko more then garnet...i find eiko more useful then garnet...
plus there is random chance of summoning Phoenix is things go wrong...

Chris
03-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Eiko, I do not like Garnet.

Shadowdust
03-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Garnet rocks. The to make Garnet powerful, all you need to is max out each jewel count. I personally think Garnet is an all around better fighter and magic user.

DocFrance
03-04-2005, 02:14 AM
Eiko, since she's more of a white mage. Garnet is more of a summoner than a white mage.

Flamethrower
03-04-2005, 02:17 AM
She's not even a much better Summoner than Eiko is.

Garnet = Most overrated character in FFIX.

Eiko = Most underrated character in FFIX.

Sepho
03-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I suppose if I had to pick one class, it would be White Mage, since the WM has always been considered the essential class (though in FF9 a Rei's Wind from Freya or a White Wind from Quina should suffice in most scenarios).

I must say, I didn't think so many people thought Garnet was that useful. While she is (arguably**) a more capable Summoner then Eiko, Eiko is a far, far better White Mage. Her white magic spells are superior to those of Garnet; it's as if the developers intentionally gave Garnet the most useless White Magic spells in the history of the series.

A few examples of Garnet's lack of cool spells include: Full-Life, Regen, Haste, Dispel, Might, and Holy, all of which Eiko has, while Garnet does not. In addition, Eiko's Trance is more useful (if that matters to anyone).

I think most people don't realise Eiko's potential because you team up with her relatively late in the game, and the majority of players aren't very willing to just dump their considerably well-developed Garnet. But I think Eiko is worth the time for the above stated reasons. Plus, her flute sounds are, like, so totally cool.

**The majority of my summoning is support-based, because I rely on physical attacks and Black Magic for dealing damage to the enemy, which is why Eiko is also a better Summoner for my play style (Carbuncle plus a variety of stones rocks my socks). And, Madeen is always there when I need a strong physical Eidolon.

Dark Matter
03-04-2005, 06:01 PM
White mage battle: Eiko or Garnet?
DRAW, Eiko or and Garnet. (I love Garnet if you want to know. :love: ) Besides, I love Eiko's battle animation as she swings her body while playing flute.

I always place both of them in my battle party. The others are Zidane and Steiner.

Ultima Shadow
03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Well, when it comes to "white magic", Eiko is FAR more powerfull. Holy and Full Life are un-replaceable.

As for summons... the most "usefull" is Pheonix (which is 1 of Eikos summons).

Garnet is hotter, though. XD

Flashback007
03-05-2005, 09:24 AM
I myself prefer Eiko to. I used her in the battles with Ozma, Hades, Kuja Trance and Necron. . She is simply better and in my game more powerfull then Garnet.

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 02:45 AM
I like Eiko better because she uses Holy, and has a more interesting personality.

Apollo
03-06-2005, 05:25 AM
It's A tie for me.I think they are both useful in battle and their all around characters I like to and I know this is of topic but how do you pronounce Eiko anyway?

Cybele
03-06-2005, 06:06 AM
It's A tie for me.I think they are both useful in battle and their all around characters I like to and I know this is of topic but how do you pronounce Eiko anyway?

I used to pronounce it E-I-Ko, but then my brother corrected me and told me it was I-Ko. The E is silent.

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 06:53 AM
EE-ko for me.

Azotar
03-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Yes. thats right i was going to post about it. Eiko Is better than Dagger. u see, Eiko's Eidolons are better, are more usefull. Like Phoenix revives the party if dead. Cabercuncle is very use ful to me sometimes. And She can use Holy as A magic. and its cheaper than summoning the holy eidolom.
But im still in love with dagger. She is the girl of my dreams.

Sepho
03-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I used to pronounce it EE-KOH, like Del, but then I bought the game Ico, and I started watching fan-subbed anime. This resulted in me now pronouncing it AY-KOH.

Heath
03-06-2005, 04:17 PM
I used to pronounce it EE-KOH, like Del, but then I bought the game Ico, and I started watching fan-subbed anime. This resulted in me now pronouncing it AY-KOH.

I've always thought it was pronounced AY-KOH, and I don't watch any fan-subbed anime =D

I Don't Need A Name
03-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Garnet! Eiko is annoying

Ultimate99997
03-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Definately Eiko for 2 reasons -
1) Holy!!!!
2) I feel really bad if I don't summon Mog, because he sacrificed himself and deserves to be used by Eiko for his loyalty and the fact that he used to have a Gold ball on his moghead rather than a red one.

boris no no
03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Do you dislike Yuffie/Selphie/Rikku too? By talking to people on this forum I've found there is quite a strong related dislike of these characters that 'annoy' people, seemingly on purpose.
actually i liked selphie! and Rikkus my fav in FFX! :rolleyes2 maybe i'm weird.
i found that Eiko was just too....bratty for me. plus how many 6 year olds try and chat up a 16 year old? :confused:

Pouring Rain
03-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I love Eiko. Its Eiko for me. She has spunk, looks totally cute, and has way better abilities than Garnet/Dagger. Why she has a crush on a 16 year old monkey boy, i have no idea. her wings are so cute too. is she part unicorn with wings? that is so weird. if she was older, she probably have zidane in her hands. she knows how to catch a boy. her horn is what freaks me out though. Either way, i like dagger for her edelions though i never equip her with them because they make her weak. but eiko is a better, cuter, all around person. don't keep her all alone.
P.S. I like her so much, she is my avatar. Yay me!