PDA

View Full Version : Arfed up Mozilla theme

Flying Mullet
03-03-2005, 10:40 PM
I downloaded a new theme and installed it, and it completely arfed up mozilla. The toobar looks odd and all dropdown menus are completely blacked out. I tried using the keyboard to navigate to the themes menu, but I can't choose anything to reset the theme as the dialog is completely whited out. Does anyone know of anyway to change the theme outside of Mozilla itself?

Dr Unne
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
If it's anything like Firefox, it's very difficult to the point of impossibility. Changing a theme makes a whole lot of changes to various text files in your profile directory. You could try deleting the .jar file of the theme itself and see if maybe Mozilla defaults back to the default theme.

Flying Mullet
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Okay, I figured out how to fix it. You can start Firefox in safe mode ("firefox.exe -safe-mode" in Windows) with no themes or add-ons. Then I went into my extensions and uninstalled the problem theme. Then after restarting Firefox it uses the default theme and everything is groovy.

Dr Unne
03-04-2005, 05:19 PM
That is something I was unaware of. I don't know if Linux has that or not. I'll have to remember.