PDA

View Full Version : What really disapointed you in a FF game (spoilers)

Dark Warrior
03-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Through all the FF games, in some parts of the story, happen things that really pissed you off. Sometimes are sad things, or stupid things, so go ahead, tell me want you thing.

I've to say that something really disapointing was the end of the first cd of FF7 (You know what I'm talking about).

And next was the the great expectative of the super magic ULTIMA in FF4, and find that sucks, all that time waiting for something that even destroy your game, but no... only sucks...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Ultima isn't in FFIV.

Chris
03-04-2005, 01:56 AM
I think he meant FFII.

Flamethrower
03-04-2005, 02:34 AM
I agree with the topic creator about Ultima in FFII. They hyped the hell out of it in the game being the ultimate magic, and it turns out to be twice as weak as Flare and Holy.

Another disapointment would be Edge. When you first get him, he appears to be the total package. He could equipped TWO swords, he had his own set of magic, he could steal and he could throw stuff. However, shortly after you get him, his biggest flaw becomes apparent: his piss-poor defense. He died more than Rydia in my game.

The final disapointment I can think of is Cyan. Come on, Knights are suppose to be one of the best classes. But instead, we get this geezer who is slow and awful with magic, and his special, Sword Tech, is even slower than he is. He can't even equip the best swords in the game.

rubah
03-04-2005, 03:52 AM
I too was disappointed with the final bit of disc 1 of ff7, but that's because I knew what was going to happen -_-;;

I was disappointed EVERY SINGLE TIME that shadow left my party in ff6. He was too cool, and usually probably had something equipped-_- Same goes for TA. I'd send people on missions, forgetting that had something important. Can't use whatever it was for the next million battles.

I was disappointed in ff2j when you couldn't use layla the entire time;_; she was the best fourth character. (although I haven't gotten the final one yet, so judgement may change)

I was disappointed in ff9 for being so chibi. and for having some really corny towns. and for making you learn stuff from weapons. and for dagger's summonings really sucking. and for there being a Steiner at *all*. and for eiko's annoyingness. and what happened to Alexander;_;

I was disappointed in ff8 for a total lack of hot hot astronaut sex.

I was disappointed in ff5 with. . . er, it was the first one I played, so you can't really be disappointed if you don't know what you're wanting^_^

I was disappointed in ff4.

I was disappointed at the age and status of living auron has in ffx. In x-2 I was MAJORLY disappointed that he had *one* line. (or lines in one part. something like that(he really should've been paine's father^_^))

. . . I think that's about all of them that I've played^_^

ljkkjlcm9
03-04-2005, 03:55 AM
I agree with the topic creator about Ultima in FFII. They hyped the hell out of it in the game being the ultimate magic, and it turns out to be twice as weak as Flare and Holy.

Another disapointment would be Edge. When you first get him, he appears to be the total package. He could equipped TWO swords, he had his own set of magic, he could steal and he could throw stuff. However, shortly after you get him, his biggest flaw becomes apparent: his piss-poor defense. He died more than Rydia in my game.

The final disapointment I can think of is Cyan. Come on, Knights are suppose to be one of the best classes. But instead, we get this geezer who is slow and awful with magic, and his special, Sword Tech, is even slower than he is. He can't even equip the best swords in the game.

He had his own special weapons and was strong enough to do max damage without the "strongest weapons." Yeah he was a bit slow, but there are ways to counter that such as Odin on level up, and the quick spell is amazing! Using only Cyan I beat all forms of the final boss, without getting hit, so i don't see how he sucks....

THE JACKEL

strawberryman
03-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I am dissapointed at X-2 in it's entirety.
And that all the villians did'nt just kill the heroes.

Xander
03-04-2005, 10:21 AM
The end of FFX-2.

I just wanted to see Yuna and Tidus end up together, not depending on the percentage I had achieved.

I felt that after playing the whole game through I deserved an ending I wanted to see. If I sat down and tried to get the right percentage for it in the first place the game wouldn't have been fun because I would have been trying to make sure I didn't miss anything, and not just casually playing, doing whatever I felt like. So I was just disappointed at it. ;_;

Braindead_Paul
03-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Atma (FF6) should have had 1.000.000 HP and more attack power. The only thing FF6 really lacks is a super boss. :(

Flamethrower
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I was disappointed in ff2j when you couldn't use layla the entire time;_; she was the best fourth character. (although I haven't gotten the final one yet, so judgement may change)

I think the best fourth character was Josef. He was doing at least twice as much damage as Frionel and Guy were doing with his bare fist alone. Then he had to go off and get crushed by a boulder. And who replaces him? Gordon, of all people. afafsgrbdbvtrtsts.

He had his own special weapons and was strong enough to do max damage without the "strongest weapons." Yeah he was a bit slow, but there are ways to counter that such as Odin on level up, and the quick spell is amazing! Using only Cyan I beat all forms of the final boss, without getting hit, so i don't see how he sucks....

To each his own then. I'll admit that Cyan can be very useful if used right, but so can any character, and Cyan just didn't fit my style of fighting.

Ultima Shadow
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Atma (FF6) should have had 1.000.000 HP and more attack power. The only thing FF6 really lacks is a super boss. :(
I couldn't possibly agree more. And his attacks should have been more powerfull as well. :)

Also... Ultima Weapon in FFVII, X and X-2 was way to weak. :(

Imperia
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
I was very disappointed with Rinoa when I first played FFVIII. She appeared to be a headstrong young woman, but in reality, she was just a helpless damsel. When she had to be rescued from the cliff, that was the last draw. She became my absolute least favorite FF "heroine."

Destination0
03-05-2005, 01:27 AM
FFVII and FFX-2

Palindrome
03-05-2005, 01:55 AM
FFI. I could never pick a team that i liked 100%. There are just too many combinations to choose from. I want to play all the class in one team.

Rase
03-06-2005, 08:58 AM
I was dissapointed at the end of the first disc in FFVII because everyone makes a big deal out of it.

Also, in FFIV, Fusoya had way to little MP.

Angel of light
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
What disapointed me was the horrible graphics in FFVII :( and that there is no interesting cutscene after beating Penance in FFX. Not even a word. HELLO!!! It is the hardest boss in history and all you get is 10 HP-spheres! I worked my ass off to beat that thing. :mad2:

Chris
03-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I was very disappointed with Rinoa when I first played FFVIII. She appeared to be a headstrong young woman, but in reality, she was just a helpless damsel.

I really disagree with this statement, Rinoa actually has one of the strongest limit breaks.

Zante
03-06-2005, 06:54 PM
VIII
- Towns sealed in the end
- There should be more things with Laguna
- Griever wasn't optainable
- Too much things stayed unsolved/unexplained

Cybele
03-06-2005, 07:42 PM
FFIV: When Rydia grew up...I liked her as a child. They could have just given her better stats, calls, and spells and say that she had been training in the Land of Summoned Monsters.
FFVI: When they changed the main character from Terra to Celes. I found Terra more interesting.
FFVII: Aeris' death, Tifa overall, and the ending
FFVIII: Rinoa being a "damsel in distress". Also the other characters didn't have much background or character development.
FFIX: There wasn't really much that disappointed me other than some of guys looking girly and not getting Beatrix as a permanent character.
FFX: I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other FFs, plus Yuna annoyed me.
FFX-2: The normal ending was sucky and I never felt like getting 100% since it's practically impossible without a guide.

Ichimonji
03-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Also, in FFIV, Fusoya had way to little MP.

Word.

Flamethrower
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Actually, she does not. Squall, Zell, and Quistis can all deal much more damage than she can with their Desperation Attacks.

I've used Rinoa and Quistis regularly before and I've never seen Shockwave Pulsar do more damage than Wishing Star.

GRL reminded me of the towns being closed off at the end of FFVIII. That pissed me off.

DJZen
03-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I was disapointed when I found out that the story of FFVIII is terrible.

rubah
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM
yes! someone that doesn't think celes is just t3h awesome.

WTP are you people doing using Angelo for Rinoa's limit? <3 angel wing.

Which of quistis' limits is capable of doing more than the piddling 20k I got shockwave pulsar to do it the last time I used it?

Cybele
03-06-2005, 11:19 PM
yes! someone that doesn't think celes is just t3h awesome.

WTP are you people doing using Angelo for Rinoa's limit? <3 angel wing.

Which of quistis' limits is capable of doing more than the piddling 20k I got shockwave pulsar to do it the last time I used it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I was referring to the story in Rinoa's case. In battle she was probably second best since they cranked up her stats for some reason. I meant that she was always in trouble, much like Rosa from FFIV. I've never gotten Quistis' shockwave pulsar, I use her because I like her character. Degenerator is pretty useful, it can take out a Ruby Dragon in one hit.

Sepho
03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Rinoa is always in my main party. I love her physical attack - her base Str stat is higher than everyone except for Squall's (and quite possibly Zell's - I admittedly don't use him much). Wishing Star is more than powerful enough for me, when paired with Squall's Renzokuken and Irvine's shot with AP ammo.

To be fair, though, I'd guess that a Zell user with fast fingers and good knowledge of his Duel limit break, could do much more damage than Wishing Star.

Apollo
03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
I meant that she was always in trouble, much like Rosa from FFIV.
Why does everyone think she is so helpless?She doesn't need as much saving as Rinoa.Not that I don't like rinoa its just the only times I can remember having to save rosa from that one fever thingy, and when she gets kidnapped by golbez.I'm sorry for all this rambling on.I know its not even on topic.

Imperia
03-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I really disagree with this statement, Rinoa actually has one of the strongest limit breaks.

I was referring to her outside of battle. A character's strength in battle, whether strong or weak, has nothing to do with his or her inner weakness.

As for Rosa, I used to think she was very helpless too (until I visited the Rosa shrine "Thornless Rose"), but she's actually a much more independent character than Rinoa. I think it's dumb how people will praise Rinoa for being strong in battle and overlook her helplessness, yet they'll bad-mouth Rosa (who is actually a life-saver for the party).

Dreddz
03-08-2005, 07:02 PM
In FFX and FFX-2 there is no world map.that really pissed me off.Lack of decent side quests and minigames in FFVIII

Dark Warrior
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Ultima isn't in FFIV.

Sorry, I was quite confused, I don't remember well, I was talking about the magic wich Tella wants to use against golbez.

Cybele
03-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Sorry, I was quite confused, I don't remember well, I was talking about the magic wich Tella wants to use against golbez.

Isn't that W-Meteo? Or was it just Meteo?

Destai
03-08-2005, 11:59 PM
X-2 had nothing to do with X's story. Lenne and Shuyin had no rea; connection to Tidus and Yuna.

Ichimonji
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Destai: (FFX-2) Tidus was the fayth's reincarnation of Shuyin, whom actually existed. When Yu Yevon commanded the Fayth to create an everlasting Zanarkand, the Fayth copied the images of every person alive at the time. Although they couldn't copy the emotions. Thus Tidus just being a copy of Shuyin.

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 12:32 AM
X-2 annoyed me it was to much like charlies angels and the fact that there were only three people in the party :mad2:

Rase
03-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Isn't that W-Meteo? Or was it just Meteo?

Just plain old Meteo. W-Meteo isn't there until the final battle

SnoopyG
03-09-2005, 01:25 AM
I didn't like how in FF8, the game all of a sudden, there's all this crap about time and go to the future and all that.

kiesmama
03-09-2005, 02:37 AM
i was saddened by the way ffx ended. in a way, it left me wanting more, which is why i decided to play other ff games. x was my first and i will say that it ruuined the previous ff games made, bc of the graphics. i did like ffix, and thought it was good, except that it was too short, and alexander only appeared once. ive tried playing ffviii, but man it is just so boring and slow. and ffvii has not caught my interest yet, and all the ones before those were absolutely horrible, due to the graphics.

Destai
03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Destai: (FFX-2) Tidus was the fayth's reincarnation of Shuyin, whom actually existed. When Yu Yevon commanded the Fayth to create an everlasting Zanarkand, the Fayth copied the images of every person alive at the time. Although they couldn't copy the emotions. Thus Tidus just being a copy of Shuyin.Then wouldnt that say there was a copy of Lenne too? I honestly think that copy would have been important to the story though I could see logically how she would never meet Tidus in Zanarkand. Couldnt the copise have been made after Lenne and Shuyins death? Wouldnt Tidus being based on Shuyin have been mentioned somewhere in the story?

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Closing off areas in the fourth disc. I like to be able to revisit places, especially in IX when I'm trying to synthesize the best equipment.