PDA

View Full Version : Ever treat your life like FF just for the hell of it?

Harvest Moon
03-04-2005, 02:35 AM
I noticed this the other day at school and got me wondering if anyone else does it. (Or maybe i'm just wierd..)

When bored I write letters to this girl that a friend of our's is trying to hook-together. You see we're both single, we're both hareful lil' bastards, and we both like rpgs a little too much.. a match made in the malbolge. XP

Anywhosit, as I was saying.. when bored I write to her about my "side quests" such as "encountering the evil janitors" and trying to find a party to help me smote them quickly and efficently.. I refer to the redneck as our token archer as he's always flaunting how he has rounds and rifles in his truck *hyuck!*, and i'm scared cause my second day at this new school some guy flirted with me. (Incase you couldn't tell I'M a dude..) and I consider him "a boss i'm not ready for" and his breif but intimidating appereance was like something you'd expect from Sipheroth or whatever.. Being pagan I naturaly refer to myself as if a blackmage.. :D

My question is do you ever do this? Perhaps not nesscarely write it out but explain to others your expiriences in FF like quality?

*J*When are you and her going to get to the hentai doujinshie part? Powpowchikapowwow! ;)
*HM and i guess girlfriend?*-_-
*HM writes down how he wants to cast meato but is afraid of "the judge" making an apperance..*

Damn judge from tactics scarred me for life..

Madonna
03-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I once told a teacher to go talk to a wall, but it didn't go down too well.

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2005, 04:36 AM
I do that at work, only not like Final Fantasy but random other stuff. I have an active imagination.

moses
03-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Wow, You sound just like my group of friends. We're all a little over the top, and yes quite often discuss life in gaming terms, mostly WoW, but alot of FF stuff too. Yes, we're an odd bunch.

Quina
03-04-2005, 05:20 AM
I tried that once. 5-10 years later they wouldn't even let me have my gunblade back. :(

strawberryman
03-04-2005, 05:53 AM
I tried that once. 5-10 years later they wouldn't even let me have my gunblade back. :(
So you were the one with the gunblade. YOU WILL NOT WIN NEXT TIME, QUINA! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quina
03-04-2005, 05:55 AM
I wish large mutant frogs really existed.

Necronopticous
03-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Ever since I can remember when I was younger I used to act out RPGs. When I was 8-9 years old I would take my action figures into the tub and make up RPG stories and act them out around the rim of the tub while I took a bath.

When I was a little older I would go outside and pretend that I was fighting off imaginary enemies with home-made weapons (broomstick=sword, dustpan=axe, etc.) I would even simulate having a menu and choosing my battle strategies.

After that came the phase where I would just close my eyes and imagine RPGs I was creating in my head, usually as I was going to sleep. I still do this on occasion.

Rainecloud
03-04-2005, 06:59 AM
I seem to remember having a turn-based fight back at school.

Raine: Magic > Curaga.
Chris: Attack.
Raine: *dies*

We'd shout out the actions and generally laugh ourselves silly. It was rather stupid. We also applied the same turn-based system to things like handing in homework.

Raine: Give > Homework > Teacher.
Teacher: *receives*
Raine: Raine gets 2,500 exp + potion.

Again, very silly.

Lucky Charms
03-04-2005, 08:34 AM
HAHA I got Selphie's haircut back when I was in 9th. Took me a whole hour everyday to make it that flippy. >_> Used to act like her too.. oh geez.

Meat Puppet
03-04-2005, 12:51 PM
The teacher wouldn't give me my crystal, so I went on a quest for the legendary sword, then chopped off her head.

Citizen Bleys
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Used to act like her too.. oh geez.

Perish!

Jojee
03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Perish!

Hey you made me Selphie, does this mean you want me to perish? :( :( ;___;

I seem to remember having a turn-based fight back at school.

Raine: Magic > Curaga.
Chris: Attack.
Raine: *dies*

We'd shout out the actions and generally laugh ourselves silly. It was rather stupid. We also applied the same turn-based system to things like handing in homework.

Haha, me too Raine xD I just remembered. Me and my boy do that. It's like...

Boy: I cast fire on you!!
Me: Er... I cast reflect.
Boy: ARRGHGHHHHH IT BURNS IT BURNS :|
Me: ...:p My boyfriend is a freak. :<3:

We're such beautiful nerds together :<3:

Resha
03-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes. :p Lol, after reading the LoTR, I kept hearing orc drums everywhere... :shifty: I can hear them now...

Squall04
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
No, you are all wierd.

Ok, I admit I did ... still do. DANG.

Ya, when I was really young I'd play like I was Mario it my back yard. Then I would pretend I was one of the chess pieces in Battle Chess. (Mind you, this was a LONG time ago, I was like 7 or 8!) Then I would play with homemade weapons like I was in Warcraft or Command and Conquer. Then the neighborhood kids and I did this thing one summer where half of us were the Sith and the other half were Jedi. That was pretty fun/dumb. I didn't get into RPGs until high school, so I never acted those out or anything. Although sometimes I think to myself that I'm in a game and have to do all these sidequests like to to class or do homework or something to that effect.

Ultima Shadow
03-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Ever since I can remember when I was younger I used to act out RPGs. When I was 8-9 years old I would take my action figures into the tub and make up RPG stories and act them out around the rim of the tub while I took a bath.

When I was a little older I would go outside and pretend that I was fighting off imaginary enemies with home-made weapons (broomstick=sword, dustpan=axe, etc.) I would even simulate having a menu and choosing my battle strategies.

After that came the phase where I would just close my eyes and imagine RPGs I was creating in my head, usually as I was going to sleep. I still do this on occasion.
Sounds pretty much like me. :choc2:

Little Miss Awesome
03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Not really, but when me and my friend get bored we escape the Guides we go to, I do all the commentary! :D
It's like, theres a tiny patch of snow I refer to as an icy mountain and a pavement is a hazourdous cliff, naturally :p
That's only for like 5 minutes a week when I'm disgustingly bored for a joke, I'm not all like "Let's dress like Yuna and Rikku and parade the street!" :tongue:

Lucky Charms
03-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Perish!
Used to. I was 14 back then. :p

Yew-Yevon
03-04-2005, 07:52 PM
That would be sweeeet :eek: :love: :love: :love:

la monk
03-04-2005, 08:58 PM
all the people in my group at school have titles. we have a few "elders" that lead it and cadets and the like.

Psychotic
03-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I beat up monsters to try to get their gold all the time.

...'cept by monsters I mean old people, and by gold I mean life savings. But don't blame me, the videogames made me do it.

YunaGirl05
03-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah but me and my friends just make stuff up out of no where and make up all these cinspiracys. its so fun.

Jojee
03-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I beat up monsters to try to get their gold all the time.

It's not good to beat yourself up. :tongue:

Psychotic
03-04-2005, 10:36 PM
It's not good to beat yourself up. :tongue:It's worth it for the EXP. :rolleyes2

Jojee
03-04-2005, 10:37 PM
It's worth it for the EXP. :rolleyes2

You didn't give me any EXP last night. :rolleyes2

Psychotic
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
You didn't give me any EXP last night. :rolleyes2Yeah, and you forgot to give me my gil. My services don't come free, y'know.

Zeldy
03-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeh i think i have with my brother.. well its not more a "game" but we used to fight like they do in Dragon Ball z.
"Kaaameee haaaaaameee haaaaa!"
"aaaargh!" and id teleport towards him and punchi him. :D

boris no no
03-04-2005, 11:42 PM
when i was younger me, my sister and brother were the ninja turtles...
i was michalangio! :love:
we would run around the garden beating up rocksteady and beebop and eat pizza!
those were the day!
the other day me and my friend were smoking and we made an adventure about these bus handles..... :cool:
plus at school me and my friends made a whole video series of us betaing up bad guys and being mad!
:love: those were the days

rubah
03-05-2005, 01:07 AM
I would if anyone in my immediate circle of friends had actually played ff.

Mittopotahis
03-05-2005, 12:46 PM
i remember a long while back (year 2 or 3) me and my friend used to act out video games at school. teleport here, attack with that. Oh no im wounded use the potion oh no im dead, you gain 500 EXP and 100 Gil (or whatever currency we used (It wasnt Gil))...U dont know why but people looked at us confused...

And a few years back (maybe year 5 or 6) i remember my friend's (same friend) sister had a dance concert and i was actually staying over that night so we went to this school and it had a jungle gym outside and we were completing obstacle courses and depending on the difficulty of the course and the type of...uhhh...obstacle we gained stat ups. Like we had to walk across this horizontal pole and we'd get +3 balance. And then we had to leave but we continued with it at his house

And i remember just last year whenever i go over to my friends house we'd make our own battles up but unlike last time (which was more of a fighting game as in attack as soon as you get a chance but with magic attacks) we done it as a turn based battle system...i think we still do it occasionally...i think

And of recent times ive been practising with my styrofoam sword i made and mastering abilities

Oh and i usually think of games i make up in my head...

And then i wish that some games (mainly ff) were real...and then i am happy...and then my friends (differents ones this time) argue with me and say that reality is better then fantasy and we get into this big debate etc etc etc...

No one apart from that 1 friend and me actually likes acting out games...

Nod
03-05-2005, 04:44 PM
often after ive been playing FF really intensely i go into situations IRL thinking 'its ok, if mess this up i can always go back to my saved game'. I then check myself, and remember that IRL you dont have saved games. :p :roll:

Rase
03-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, not ff per say, but video games in general. I seem to remember liking acting out like my life was an FPS.

Chris
03-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I can't deny the truth anymore... I am Bartz.

:(

SoulSeek139
03-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I dressed up as Auron for halloween and I was uttering his victory phrases all day. About 1/7 of students were impressed and the rest thought I was some kind of confused knight with a broken arm. It was all worth it.

Mittopotahis
03-06-2005, 08:55 AM
oh yeah..one time i had played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for maybe 2 hours when i first got it....as you know (if youve played it) at the start you are really vulnrable to drak aethers atmospher so you have to run to the closest light crystal...Well i decided to get off so i saved and got off...as i turned a corner (in real life, (my room is down a small hall) so anyway as i turned the corner i started to look for a light crystal...then i realised...

true story!

krissy
03-06-2005, 09:12 AM
itd be awesome if resting up all the way took 10 seconds

also save points

last time i killed a bird, it didn't give me no money. so i did what someone on these boards told me to do the time before that that this happened. started jumping on it. still no money. didn't even have the decency to turn into a red wireframe and dissapear off the neighbours front yard.