PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Problem... PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!

nik0tine
03-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Alright, so im playing Xenogears. I jsut got to Anima Relic #2... I go to save my game ad it says "save failed, please try again." so, well, I tried again. Every time I try to save over a file it corrupts the data. I switched to another memory card, but to no avail. My saving got deleted and now I cannot save my game at all. Please help me. I am in NO mood to start this game over from scratch.

By the way, it was workign fine up until a few minutes ago. The only thing I can think of is that I inserted a memory card I recieved off of Ebay and tried to save it and it would not work. After that, everything seemed to go haywire. I don't understand why it would affect my other memory cards though... and BOTH memory card slots... it makes no sense. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Rainecloud
03-04-2005, 07:17 AM
How strange. It doesn't sound like a memory card problem. After all, what are the chances of both memory cards breaking at the same time? It sounds like a random hardware problem to me, which may probably disappear once your machine has been restarted.

Sorry. =/

nik0tine
03-04-2005, 07:54 AM
The only thing I can think of is that Xenogears has trouble with the off brand multi page memory cards. However, although these new memory cards that I inserted were not multi page, they were off brand. Madcatz worked fine though... Anyways, thanks for your input Rainecloud.

Rainecloud
03-04-2005, 06:15 PM
No problem. I know how frustrating it can be when something like that happens. I once reached Final Fantasy VII's Mythril Mines in one day's play, attempted to save my game at Fort Condor and accidentally corrupted everything by removing the card before the game had finished saving.

I can't believe it even happened, quite frankly.