PDA

View Full Version : Impossible collections from artists.

Dingo Jellybean
03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
What I mean by the topic is that, what are artists that you like but nearly impossible to buy their collection?

Mines would be Kylie Minogue. I love her to death! Well, not really...but eh.

Anyways, she had over 35 albums released. Only 10 of them are actually totally unique(meaning she made 10 albums). The rest are greatest hits remixes. Not only that, each time she releases a GH(she's done it 6 times), there are exclusive remixes. Not only that, she's had exclusive tracks released in certain countries like Australia, Japan, and UK.

Example, I have Kylie Minogue's Fever (Hyper Edition). It's the 4th installment of Fever...luckily it has all the tracks of the previous 3(US, UK, Special Edition)...but it was the last version released.

Her Light Years album has like, 4 versions...but each version contains an exclusive track(s). I'm like...how the hell am I suppose to collect her? Simply, I don't. It's so much easier collecting rap guys.

Her Aussie-exclusive Light Years goes for $150. And I thought Evanescence's Origin was rare:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005AXNQ/qid=1109927912/sr=5-2/ref=cm_lm_asin/104-7574940-9716724?v=glance

I know artists do this for $, but KM goes overboard with it. I still love her, but I've lost some respect for her for doing this.

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't really go for the super collector thing when it comes to my music. Of my favorite bands, I look for all their mainstream US released albums first. Then I dig to find their first releases from when they were underground bands, which can get difficult, but not usually. Then, the other stuff, stuff not released in the US, or stuff released only on special edition CD's that I don't have, I download. But for most of my music, I don't care. :D

boris no no
03-04-2005, 06:16 PM
NINs are a little like that.
theres so many albums, a remix for each one.
plus all his singles have unique new songs or remixes so to hear all his stuff you have to be either rich or lucky.

Rye
03-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Evanescence, since the majority of their CDs are really rare. There is only 50 of the first EP by them, 100 of the second. The majority of them are burnt, but even then, they're very expensive. :/ I got a burnt Origin CD though.

fire_of_avalon
03-05-2005, 05:26 AM
If Evanescence maintains any sort of popularity, even by underground standards, there are sure to be re-releases. :D

Dormos
03-05-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking, but the Sex Pistols only made 1 album. But they have like 5720982 different CDs.

Necronopticous
03-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Just about every music group is like. I can't think of a situation where a moderately popular group or artist would not have singles all over the place and hard to find imports and CD variations.

Dingo Jellybean
03-06-2005, 05:03 AM
If Evanescence maintains any sort of popularity, even by underground standards, there are sure to be re-releases. :D

You're right in a sense. Most of the songs from the upcoming album will simply be re-edited versions of older un-released songs.

Breathe No More has been around since the turn of the century.

Kirobaito
03-06-2005, 05:06 AM
It would be sick to buy a complete John Denver collection. He's released over 100 albums, but it's not just that. Most of his greatest hits albums (he's got about 40 of them) contain different recordings of the same songs. So far I have found five different recordings of Leaving on a Jet Plane, and I know there are many more.

It wouldn't be fun trying to get obtain all of them.

Yamaneko
03-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Depeche Mode has over 150 EPs and LPs. The Frank Zappa collection is probably the largest of original works, though.

Personally, I dislike bands that release singles and compilation albums every year. That said, I have the entire Pink Floyd discography and most of the bootlegs.

yoshigirl
03-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Depeche Mode has over 150 EPs and LPs. The Frank Zappa collection is probably the largest of original works, though.

ya my mom has like 50billion zappa cds. :mog:

Venom
03-16-2006, 02:15 AM
W.A.S.P., Its not that they have alot of albums, it just there hard as hell to find.

jrgen
03-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't count greatest hits albums as necessary to complete a collection. Every band has demos that are hard to come across and I don't listen to many bands that have released more than 15 albums. The biggest amount of items I have from one band is my 12 Die Krupps/Dkay.com items.

Rusty
03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't own any collections, but I would like to start. I would really like to start collecting all of Outkasts and the Bee Gees CD's.

Leeza
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
yoshigirl: check the post dates before posting. A year old thread is far too old to be revived, regardless of the subject. If you think it's a good topic, start a new thread instead of bumping up an old one like this.