PDA

View Full Version : Character opinions.

WPspira
03-04-2005, 10:02 AM
What type of charaters do you think suit final fantasy the best?
The realistic ones (like yuna) or fantasy ones (like quina)?
Does it really matter? I prefer the realistic ones.

Xander
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
I'd probably go somewhere in between those. I like characters like Zidane, Eiko, other FFIX characters who are a little bit unrealistic. The idea of "fantasy" to me is for the characters to be a little bit non human like.

In FFX however I liked the characters because although most of them were human, they were all very different, different costumes etc and the whole appearance of them was still interesting and fun. In FFVIII they were all a bit too realistic and normal to me. Since they pretty much wore normal clothes and all seemed very much like normal people who you could imagine in the real world to an extent.

So personally I prefer characters who are a bit different and unrealistic. I'm not a big fan of Quina though, but I didn't mind him..umm it. xD

Gunblades
03-04-2005, 07:49 PM
i agree with xander mostly, red and kimahri were great but i love the chance to explore characters like Auron, men who in peacetime have no purpose but evil comes find they are thrust into battle

rubah
03-05-2005, 12:49 AM
I like the ones that seem to have more human tendancies . . Especially auron and his moodswings from 'omg you have to save the world, tidus.' to 'hah. That was a good one' and squall's '. . .'

cloud's psychosii (or whatever the plural is) didn't do too much though. I probably just didn't get it though^_^

Martyr
03-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Logic within an invented world is necessary for proper fiction. Thus the saying: Truth is stranger than fiction.

Besides that, however, the game is not called: Final Reality

Rase
03-05-2005, 09:12 AM
I prefer realistic ones that tend to be human or humanoid beings. While I do like RedXIII, overall, I prefer the people.

Del Murder
03-12-2005, 06:01 PM
I like a mix of each. I didn't like in FFVIII that all the characters were human. To me that's boring.

Chris
03-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Somewhere in-between the two for me thanks.