PDA

View Full Version : #1 Reason people post pictures online.

Dingo Jellybean
03-04-2005, 11:57 PM
To get compliments.

That's how I feel, there's nothing wrong with it though. I don't lash against anyone who posts their pics online, but they would be lying if they say they didn't want compliments. I'm sure everyone who've posted a pic hopes they get a "Hey, U R h4wt!" But eh.

Agree or disagree.

boris no no
03-04-2005, 11:59 PM
yeah kinda.
i guess you mean pics of themselves? i guess if you put a pic of a sheep that'll get a lot of compliments! :p
i like to know what people think of me i suppose.....i wouldn't believe anyone if they did say Hey, U R h4wt! :tongue:

RSL
03-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Hahaha. No, I've never posted a picture of myself expecting some kind of comment like that. If I get one I don't take it very seriously.

Leeza
03-05-2005, 12:03 AM
I disagree. When you've been at the same forum for 2+ years or so, it's just nice to know what someone looks like.

Miriel
03-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Is it the number one reason? Probably. Afterall, the internet is a cesspool of narcissism. EoFF not so much, but the internet in general, yes.

Lots of people post pictures without fishing for compliments. It's just that there's an overwhelming number of people who do just that.

Seriously, I bet everyone is familiar with the webcam-boobie shot, it's like a friggen epidemic.

Dingo Jellybean
03-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I think some people misunderstood the title.

It's not the only reason people post pics, but it's probably the reason for most folks. There's nothing wrong with it. But that's primarily why people post picks IYAM.

Samuraid
03-05-2005, 01:06 AM
It's cool to have a face to associate with a name instead of having to guess.

rubah
03-05-2005, 01:06 AM
I can see that being the case in a lot of cases.
compliments = <3

Shlup
03-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Nice work stating the obvious there, DJ. :lol:

Jojee
03-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Agree ^_- Sure, that's not the only reason, but that's one of the reasons for most people. Obviously no one wants to hear, "Omg you're so ugly" after they post a picture. And it's not a bad thing, it's just human nature to want to hear good things about yourself.

Speaking of,

http://forums.eyesonff.com/image.php?u=690&type=profile&dateline=1103340266

O=)

Shlup
03-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, I was gonna leave you a usernote squeeing about that picture, Jojo. CUTEST BABY PICTURE EVER (except for ones of ME!)!!!

Jojee
03-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Thanks! Yours is super cute too :love: *sits by as we prove Dingo's point*

Shlup
03-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Haha, I forgot I had my baby picture on there too. We are so cute!

Proving Dingo's point is fun. xD

Yamaneko
03-05-2005, 02:04 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I think you're all ugly.

Ultima Shadow
03-05-2005, 02:21 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I think you're all ugly.
Agreed. Everyone but Chaos, that is. :joey:

ps: Just joking! :p

Meat Puppet
03-05-2005, 02:24 AM
I post a picture of myself so people can have first-head proof that I am not some creepy 40 year old guy who chats up little boys on the internet.

(all pictures posted of me are actually my 18 year old newphew)

Del Murder
03-05-2005, 02:43 AM
It's certainly why I do it!

Dingo Jellybean
03-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Proving Dingo's point is fun. xD

That's so rare nowadays. :tongue:

:)

Lucky Charms
03-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Compliments are nice, especially if the person is nice too.

I'm pretty down to earth about judging others looks when they post pics. It's like when I see a picture of someone who I've been curious about seeing.. I feel like oh my curiousity is relieved of. ^^ And if their personality is cool to begin with they'd still look cute to me.

But it's up to the person giving the compliment if they want to give that sort of attention.

BTW, adorable baby pic Jojo.. ;)

Yamaneko
03-05-2005, 03:37 AM
Shave the 'stache, hippie.

eestlinc
03-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Yams wins.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-05-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't need to be told I'm hot. I already know it.

Rainecloud
03-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Perhaps. I like to think that people who see my photo are thinking something along the lines of: "that guy's attractive". It's useless to lie about it. However, I don't send my picture to people with the sole purpose of extracting a compliment. Showing someone your picture is a sign of trust, and in some cases, in can help you to get to know the person a little better.

Compliments are nice to hear, no doubt, but I'm sure there are many people who don't post their pictures in order to fish for compliments.

Cz
03-05-2005, 01:23 PM
It depends on the context, I think. Topics like the EoFF photo threads are interesting simply because it's nice to be able to put a face to people that you're spending time with online. However, sometimes there's an element of what you're suggesting, with sites like www.hotornot.com proving that some people want their physical appearence to be judged rather than simply available online.

amratis
03-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I've never posted my picture online anywhere ever, and I probably wont either :p So I dont know why ppl do

Chris
03-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I disagree. When you've been at the same forum for 2+ years or so, it's just nice to know what someone looks like.

Exactly my thought.

Nod
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
yeah, i think there is a fair amount of narcissism involved. But then, everyone likes compliments :p

Jojo, your baby pic is v.cute!

Chris
03-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Jojo, your baby pic is v.cute!

You are shameless!!! :mad2:

Giga Guess
03-05-2005, 04:44 PM

Yeah, it's just nice to put a face to the posts.

Resha
03-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Agree. And that's why I'd never post my picture up. Sometimes I feel it's nicer to imagine the person; I mean, you see all the posts by one person and you start thinking of them the way they post, and when you see an actual picture of them...sometimes it could be disillusioning. Just a thought, though. And to everyone in the Photo Album : "Hey, U R h4wt!!!!".

Dr.K
03-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I think it's generally different for alot of people. As Leeza said, it's generally just nicer sometimes to put a face to a post if you've been around for a while, but then again sometimes it can be kinda weird knowing what someone looks like. I dunno really. I think sometimes people make assumptions from what they see someone doing in a picture too, like if someone's using a sombre pose some are like "man, they are JUST as boring as they make out" or some people may post themselves doing something whacky to acheive some sort of effect. I do my best not to judge, but y'know.

Blackmageboi
03-05-2005, 05:54 PM
i myself dont tend to send in pictures unlees asked, im not that keen on photo threads because of the reasons stated above ^_^

Megami
03-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Well maybe :confused: And maybe you are just curious about how people look and its funny to know how they look :)

It's not that I am expecting any cumpliment, but hey compliments are always welcome :p lol