PDA

View Full Version : Is there gonna be a FFX - 3?

Migoto-Megami
03-05-2005, 12:18 AM
I really REALLY hope so!! ^_^

lulusgirl
03-05-2005, 12:21 AM
yeah.but is should be named something alse and it should be about yuna and tidus.noone else.

Bomber
03-05-2005, 05:54 AM
That rumor is riddled with holes, it's been shot down so many times...

ShivaBlizzard8
03-05-2005, 06:16 AM
There are currently no plans to make any more FFX sequels. The rumor of an FFX-3 stems from Square's original plans to make two versions of the FFX sequel early on in its development. They were going to be FFX "Yuna Version" and FFX "Rikku Version."

However, that idea was ditched and Square created FFX-2 instead. So X-2 is the only game, there is no other Rikku or other sequel planned. Mybe in the future, but right now Square is busy whoring out FF7 sequels. :p

lulusgirl
03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
yeah.it probably is just a myth.but it's a nice one.

Wuggly Blight
03-05-2005, 05:43 PM
There will not now, or ever be a FFX-3. Its all rumors.

Chopseuy
03-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Nope there is no more FFX (*sniff*sniff*). They are coming out with FFXII though so hey I'm looking forward to a whole new place (Ivalice).

Blackmageboi
03-05-2005, 11:23 PM
nonononononononononononoonnoonononononononononononononononononononononononononnononononononoonononon onononononooonnoono
and NO! i couldnt stand another one!

Chopseuy
03-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Hehe. Blackmage, why didn't you like FFX-2 so much? You never know, if they DID come out with one, it might be much, much better.

~red.foxx~
03-05-2005, 11:30 PM
ffx-3 would be nice but it be dragging it on abit but i would like to see more of tidus :D but ffxii should b ok but not as good:(

Destai
03-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Why fix something thats not broken? I mean at least VII and the original X were left with cliffhanger endings to be added to.

lulusgirl
03-06-2005, 12:42 AM
yeah.do you think x-2 ended ok?should stuff be added to it?

FallenAngel411
03-06-2005, 03:36 AM
I thought the ending was very final and neatly tied up.....the secret ending especially (which was SO not worth the trouble of getting 100%) seemed like Square's last goodbye to the characters....I really don't expect any more sequels. Nor do I really want one. I'm happy with what's there. The second game left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth....I don't need any more.

Zante
03-06-2005, 07:36 AM
X-2 was already unnecesary, making a 3 one would be too much in my opinion.

Blackmageboi
03-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Hehe. Blackmage, why didn't you like FFX-2 so much? You never know, if they DID come out with one, it might be much, much better.
well:

how can a seqeul to a sequel be any good they have allready completly worn out the story line!!!!!!!!!!!!

lulusgirl
03-06-2005, 05:32 PM
well:

how can a seqeul to a sequel be any good they have allready completly worn out the story line!!!!!!!!!!!!

no they didnt ! ! ! ! ! tell me then,blackmageboi,what ever happned to yuna and tidus?what's the name of wakka and lulu's baby?what happned to paine,nooj,barilia and gippal?is there a new orginazation with both if the leaders?what's the name of it? :confused: :tongue: :confused: :love: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
They named the baby in X-2. I don't remember it though. Started with a V.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Right - remember there was that whole big naming ceremony with the bonfire in Besaid? It was in chapter 5. I forget the name as well, but it was a really wierd and pretty crappy name for a kid, IMHO. Although I still like Wakka. ;)

Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal all agreeed to work together to build a new Spira, effecitively unifying the groups. They probably formed a party-based council, like most normal democratic systems (Not exactly fodder for a sequel. FFX-3, The Spiran elections? Come on. :p )

As for Yuna and Tidus, they lived happily ever after.

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I thought they should have named him Chappu. That would have at least had some impact.

Blackmageboi
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
no they didnt ! ! ! ! ! tell me then,blackmageboi,what ever happned to yuna and tidus?what's the name of wakka and lulu's baby?what happned to paine,nooj,barilia and gippal?is there a new orginazation with both if the leaders?what's the name of it? :confused: :tongue: :confused: :love: :mad: :mad: :mad:
yuna tidus mehh who cares they have a happy ending anyway
wakka and lulius son erm... ill tell you when i remember
nobody really cares about the other characters
and the organisation wouldnt be very exiting would it!?

im simply saying the gameplay would be boring and it wouldnt have an exiting storyline!

Zante
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Wakkas son was called Vidina, future in al-bhed. Poor child...

lulusgirl
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Wakkas son was called Vidina, future in al-bhed. Poor child...
i will pray for vidina evrey day that his parents will change his name.

strawberryman
03-07-2005, 06:46 AM
I sure as hell hope not.

Excelsior
03-07-2005, 06:57 AM
i agree with black mage. X-2 was so unnecessary it was ridicoulous. as for the things that lulu brought up, with tidus and yuna, point and laugh, cuz she lost her one true love. for wakka and lulus son, who cares. same thing for those other jerks like paine, who werent even mentioned in the first. and lets assume that the orginazation or whatever ruled over the land with love and fairness. if they were gonna make a sequel to an FF (not counting the 7 ones) it shouldve been to like, 4, which left that whole edge/rydia thing undeveloped.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I thought they should have named him Chappu. That would have at least had some impact.
I totally agree! With the whole buildup to the naming, I was waiting for that. But meh. :rolleyes2

Ichimonji
03-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm sure Lulu wants to be reminded of how much of a horrible person she is by marrying her only love's brother after he died, and starting a family with him.

If we found out that Chappu was somehow alive, he would hate the both of them.

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 12:48 AM
personaly i hate sequals they ruin the image of a game or a movie but i can understand why X-2 came out

Migoto-Megami
03-09-2005, 01:53 AM
All you guys who said you didn't like this game, why are you ON FFx2 then?

~red.foxx~
03-09-2005, 01:54 AM
it wasn't too bad just not as good as ffx

Migoto-Megami
03-09-2005, 02:02 AM
really? i thought it was better! not that i've finishe X but ive got alot dun!

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 03:39 AM
yeah.but is should be named something alse and it should be about yuna and tidus.noone else.

And Auron...

Next time, just edit, Migoto-Megami. Don't double post.

FallenAngel411
03-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Alright, I'm done pretending.

I HATE FFX-2. I CANNOT STAND IT.

WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT TRADE IT IN????? IT WON'T----LEAVE-----MY-----HANDS----STUCK-----GAHHHHHH

Stupid Yuna/Tidus happy mushy sappy ending....stupid....mehhhh....makes me sick.........no plot.......no point........sooooo stuuuuupiiiiiiiid...........

Halenite
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
They are coming out with FFXII though so hey I'm looking forward to a whole new place (Ivalice).

Wasn't Ivalice the enitre area in FF Tactics?

To Fallen Angel: If you can't stand it, why are you here?

Skyblade
03-09-2005, 07:42 PM

I think FA just forgot to take her meds... :D She said the reason she couldn't trade it in was that it wouldn't leave her hands, which might mean that she actually is enjoying it, but she's too psychotic right now for me to be sure.

Ivalice was also FFTA...

FFVIII Fan
03-09-2005, 07:54 PM
in my opinion, a another sequel to ffx would be brilliant, cos then they could give us even a half good ending!, it was stupid. good god, i was waiting for x-2 for so long and it was crap! im open 4 a sequel for spira. :tongue:

Heartless Shadow
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
i loved ffx and x-2 but makeing x-3 would be pointless as the whole spira story has been covered already.let square-enix get on with more ff games for us to enjoy

FallenAngel411
03-09-2005, 11:51 PM

I dunno. Because......the thread is there, and I can open it up and give my opinion if I feel the urge. So there's my opinion. It would have been good if they gave it more of a plot. I mean, think about the breadth and epic feel of a typical FF.....so many deep characters, an engaging plot that really makes your brain work.

Then think about X-2, with its happy girls skipping across Spira, and....what was the plot? Yeah, the guy and the girl who look like Yuna and Tidus died 2000 ago and now the girl is possessing Yuna in order to contact the disturbed spirit of her dead lover and stop him from weilding a giant robot thing that will destroy everyone.

Ok, its a lame FF when I can tell you the entire plot in one sentence.

I think FA just forgot to take her meds... She said the reason she couldn't trade it in was that it wouldn't leave her hands, which might mean that she actually is enjoying it, but she's too psychotic right now for me to be sure.

I fell too deeply in love with the Yuna and Tidus from the FFX to be able to get rid of their sappy reuinion scene.....I play the first one, watch Yuna tell him she loves him and watch him jump away from her....and then I have to watch that one FMV to make myself feel better. Stupid sappy ending..... :cry:

And yes, I am psychotic. Slightly. :)

Pouring Rain
03-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Right - remember there was that whole big naming ceremony with the bonfire in Besaid? It was in chapter 5. I forget the name as well, but it was a really wierd and pretty crappy name for a kid, IMHO. Although I still like Wakka. ;)

Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal all agreeed to work together to build a new Spira, effecitively unifying the groups. They probably formed a party-based council, like most normal democratic systems (Not exactly fodder for a sequel. FFX-3, The Spiran elections? Come on. :p )

As for Yuna and Tidus, they lived happily ever after.
the baby's name was Vidina

Y,R,P
03-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I really liked FFx and FFx-2 ALOT, I can't pick.
Oh yeah: Hi everyone! I'm back! Y,R,P is back in the game! lol.

squal2
03-13-2005, 12:44 AM
:mad2:

you should learn to like the game.x3 would be awsome.

ShivaBlizzard8
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm sure Lulu wants to be reminded of how much of a horrible person she is by marrying her only love's brother after he died, and starting a family with him.
Marrying Wakka makes her a bad person? Hardly. She mourned after Chappu forever. She never stopped caring about him, but that doesn't mean, as a young woman, she should put the rest of her live on hold crying in the shadow of a dead man. Wakka cares deeply about both her and his brother - his marriage to Lulu was perfectly respectful of his brother's memory (it wasn't like he killed Chappu to get to Lulu or anything).

If we found out that Chappu was somehow alive, he would hate the both of them.
First, Chappu's on the Farplane - we see him in FFX. Therefore, he's very much dead.
Second, anyone who truly loves someone wants them to be happy - wants the best for them. Chappu wouldn't want to see Lulu waste her life and her chance at happiness with Wakka by mourning him forever if he loved her as much as we're led to believe.
Third, he practically says as much on the Farplane, as I recall.
Finally, naming one's son in honor of a fallen relative is something that Chappu would be proud of, not hate them of.

Unless of course, he's some kind of evil, selfish, and miserable individual, which I don't think was what Square was going for. :)

Y-Rikku-P
03-24-2005, 04:34 PM
We have enough people moaning about FFX-2, I don't think I could listen to anymore, so, as much I would probably buy it I don't think it is a good idea...

Dr.M
03-25-2005, 06:49 AM
the story just needs one more go. theres still a little bit thats been left out like...
-Yuna and Tidus's "happy ever after"
-Lulu, Wakka and Vandina's "happy ever after"
-Rikku's future
-Paine's past
-Spria's future of peace
I, personaly want FFX-3 to fill in thoughs gaps

Fate Fatale
03-25-2005, 07:24 AM
It's very boubtful...

BackRoomKid
03-25-2005, 07:49 AM
unless some are mistaking X-3 for "X-2 + Last Mission"

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2005, 08:29 AM
If they make a FFX-3, I'll comite sucide!

Angelz*and*Emoz
03-30-2005, 10:00 PM
They named the baby in X-2. I don't remember it though. Started with a V.his name is Vidina

Masamune·1600
03-30-2005, 10:58 PM

FFT and FFTA both took place in worlds called Ivalice. However, the similarity ends there; the Ivalice of FFT and the Ivalice of FFTA were profoundly different places.

Many people have speculated, however, that the 'Final Fantasy' that formed the template for FFTA's Ivalice was actually the as-yet unreleased FFXII, since the races of FFTA have appeared in FFXII screeenshots. The worlds are still dissimilar, however, because (under this theory) the world of FFTA was based on the thoughts and desires of the characters. They were not actually transported to the Ivalice of FFXII; rather, they formed a world that included aspects of FFXII in it.

This leaves us with three separate Ivalices.

As to the "controversy" surrounding Wakka and Lulu's marriage, it's not as though the idea is anything new to the series. I point to FFII, where Scott, who loved Hilda, died. Scott's brother, Gordon, ended up with Hilda.

As to an FFX-3, it's not going to happen. SE suggested a third part, certainly, but that was in reference to "Last Mission." Besides, it would be difficult to form another crisis for the story to revolve around without that crisis feeling contrived. I mean, even the crisis in X-2 felt contrived (personal opinion, of course).

T-MaN
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Hmmm...I heard that FFX-3 was going to be about Rikku and Paine only. If it is 'bout them, then I'd say that FFX-3 is a good idea. I mean c'mon, we've seen every character settle down to a normal life ( i.e. Tidus, Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, even Khimari, and Auron), but we haven't truly seen Rikku or Paine settle down properly. FFX-3 should fill up this gap as well as any other that needs to be filled up.

Destai
03-30-2005, 11:05 PM
They cancelled the project me thinks.

Destination0
04-01-2005, 01:26 AM
FFX - 3??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dr.M
04-10-2005, 08:10 AM
sure, it finished some bits but theres still more that needs to be done.eg
-paine's past. i heard her parents were killed by sin
-rikku and gippal (theres something there ;) )
-where did lulu and paine come from
-what are tidus and yuna's mums names
You see, theres got to be 1 more game. it might ruwin the game/story 4 some of u but i really need 2 see 1 more game.

Krag Koopa
04-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I hope they make one!

Destai
04-10-2005, 05:26 PM
-paine's past. i heard her parents were killed by sinThey were

-rikku and gippal (theres something there ;) )There is

-where did lulu and paine come fromTheyre parents but besides that no town was specified. Besaid could be assumed for Lulu and Bevelle is where most of Spiras population come from so thats an easy origin to give to Pain

-what are tidus and yuna's mums namesHeres a better question, Who cares?
Why do we need to go into that much detail over something so seriously insignificant. The X story has ended perfectly, It was literally called the perfect ending. Why fix something thats not broken?

mun02041014
04-11-2005, 08:02 PM
If they make a FFX-3, I'll comite sucide!

if you ask me, i think that would be a silly thing to commit suicide over.

T-MaN
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey, you never know. FFX-3 could be a complete different story with some characters from the original FFX, and it could be an awesome game. It might not ruin the previous games as most think that it would.

Destai
04-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey, you never know. FFX-3 could be a complete different story with some characters from the original FFX, and it could be an awesome game. It might not ruin the previous games as most think that it would.The same goes for I-2, II-2, III-2, IV-2, V-2, VI-2, VII-2, VIII-2, IX-2, FFCC-2, FFmystic quest-2, FFT-2 FFTAdvance-2 but Im certainly glad its not going to happen.

Enz0
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
ffx ofcourse

let me give you one reason

Auron.......

1000_Words_chic
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I think they should come out with a FFX-3...cause i loved FFX and X-2.. maybe it would be cooler than people think...

and I chose X-2...because It was mostly with girls...and I am a femminest...so..ha!

Krag Koopa
04-20-2005, 05:31 AM
I like Rikku....shes cool!

Charlotte
04-21-2005, 11:02 PM
I would like a X-3. It would be cool to have a Rikku story.

Laguna
04-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I didnt really love FFX-2. If they made an FFX-3 I'd probably buy it. I'd lie to myself and say how it has to be good this time ^^

Dr.M
04-23-2005, 03:31 AM
what if X-3 could be about shinra throuting something in the farplane and it go's into melt down and all the dead come back? there could be another fight with seymour?
cappu could see vidina.....um....acturly scrap that 1
shuyin and lenne could come back
shuyin and tidus could meet (hehe)
auron,jeaht and braska come back (that would be cool)
Well that could be fun and like nearly have every1 2 battle with exsept lulu (she's gotta take care off vidina)

That just my opinon coz i really,really,really,really........... :p want
x-3!!!!!!!!!!!!! (its my dream, but it properly not gonna happen)

DMKA
04-23-2005, 04:42 AM
I certainly hope not. As much as I love FFX-2, it alone was too much.

Now if there were to make a game about Braska, Jecht, and Auron's journey, that would be cool. But no more sequels...one is too much for FFX.

JAS4Yeshua
04-23-2005, 08:43 AM
FFX had a great story with great characters and a great plot.

FFX-2 seemed to stray from that quite a bit. I think it is what most people dislike about the game.

I enjoyed the game, for the sake of the game. It wasn't near as good as FFX, and it wasn't as enjoyable as most other FF games.

I hope they don't make a FFX-3. I really don't think they'll be able to succeed in making it good enough to be worthy.

That being said, I think if one ever DID come out, I would still probably buy it. Why? Because I'm too much into the Final Fantasy series, and actually crazy enough to continue to throw money into it. :D

Old Manus
04-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Christ no. FFX-2 was the suckingest piece of suck that ever sucked.

Mika the Unsent
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Why not! Go for it! And it can be all about Wakka! *Snicker*

Seriously, if it was about Auron, Braska, and Jecht I would go for that. But I agree with one of the previous posts, I would probably still play it just because it is a Final Fantasy...Even if it was about a Wakka, Brother, Shelinda, and Mika combo. :thumb:

Alice
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I actually came up with a story for it on my own time.. lol. im a total dork... the story would be based during the same time as ffx and its another summoner and his guardians... they were from a different island on spira that is unknown to most people. Sin would come there to kill people just like in the main continent and all, so this group goes looking for him. ehh i dont wanna type it all out :P but maybe someday when im workin for square ill make it a reality ;)

Buccura
04-27-2005, 04:13 AM
There isn't and I THANK GOD there isn't. Because it would kill X more than X-2 already has. I'm sorry but, X-2 is the worst in the series by far.

Mitch
04-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Maybe a prequel, with Auron, Jecht and Braska, there could be a storyline twist that we do not know about from watching those spheres in FFX to make it more interesting.

Mika the Unsent
04-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah...A prequel. I want to see Jecht attack the shoopuf! :D

Old Manus
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
All prequels are rubbish. Except MGS3. You already know the previous story, so what is there to tell.

nik0tine
04-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Oh god no... FFX has already been ruined by FFX-2... X-3 would be complete and utter overkill.

Buccura
04-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Oh god no... FFX has already been ruined by FFX-2... X-3 would be complete and utter overkill.

I concure.

ShuyinRules
05-27-2005, 06:27 PM
FFX was totally brill. I liked X-2 when I first got it, but I lost interest really quickly, and I've only played it twice. The plot totally sucked and the dress spheres are sooooooooo annoying!

If there was an X-3 I'd buy it just to say I had it, but it would probably suck just as much as X-2. Unless you got to play as Wakka again!
=oD