PDA

View Full Version : summons

Maya
03-05-2005, 10:07 AM
In which point you can start using summons? I´m in disk one in Burmecia. I think I´m in deep trouble because I didn´t upgrade my weapons in Lindblum. :(

Luthien Rogue
03-05-2005, 10:37 AM
What level is Dagger at and what summons does she have?

Maya
03-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I´ll have to check her level, but she has all summons she had in the begin with. But all of them are, if you check them in the battle, grey and not available. Besides dagger isn´t that much in the party. So I guess that her level is quite low.Am I going too fast forward?

Luthien Rogue
03-05-2005, 12:25 PM
From GameFaqs:

In battle, Dagger has two main abilities: Summon and White Magic. Her summons
are ultimately powerful, although at the start of the game you cannot summon
any eidolons. Well, you can. But that's only if you over level to hell. The
least MP that a summon costs at that time is 96, and you get that much at
around Level 15 or so. Early in the game, Dagger is nothing but a healer.
However, around Disc 3 all her eidolons can be put to good use for cheap MP.

So I'm not sure what level she's at and stuff, but that might be why... I need to play IX again. :\

Maya
03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Yes, I thought so too. She´s at level 7 or 8 right now.
I just wondered because usually in ff games you can use summons from the beginning.
Well, those eidolons might be too powerful in this point of the game :D
I´m looking forward to it.

Maya
03-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I´m already in disk 3 and I just found out that dagger can use summons if she has different kind of stones equipped.
So she can´t use more than one eidolon in one battle?
That sucks.
Was that told in the game earlier or in the manual? I don´t have that manual so...
Eiko can use more than one in battle.
I´m really confused with these.

Cybele
03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I´m already in disk 3 and I just found out that dagger can use summons if she has different kind of stones equipped.
So she can´t use more than one eidolon in one battle?
That sucks.
Was that told in the game earlier or in the manual? I don´t have that manual so...
Eiko can use more than one in battle.
I´m really confused with these.

They can both use more than one in battle. You learn them with the stones and once they've learned them, you can move onto the next one. If you have Dagger's level cranked up really high toward the beginning you can use one eidolon before having to restore her MP. They cranked up the MP cost because they didn't want you to be able to use her eidolons at the beginning of game. Now that you've had all of her eidolons extracted (I'm sure you know, but that made her lose all of her eidolons and she has to re-learn them with the stones), you can get them all again later on and they'll cost way less MP. Eiko keeps her eidolons through out the game and can learn phoenix. Dagger learns more offensive eidolons, while Eiko's focus on defense. Eiko can also learn all of the better white magic spells (full-life, holy), which is why she only gets 4 eidolons.

SoftReset
03-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Also note that having a summon's corresponding gem in inventory (the gem Dagger learned the summon from)will increase it's attack power.

For example, Ramuh has 32 attack power. If there are 31 Peridots in inventory his attack power will be 63. This is true in all cases but Odin. The more Ores you have in inventory the better the chance of him causing instant Death, but it also means less damage if you equip the Odin's Sword ability. His attack power is 145 - # of Ores in inventory.

Pouring Rain
03-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, I thought so too. She´s at level 7 or 8 right now.
I just wondered because usually in ff games you can use summons from the beginning.
Well, those eidolons might be too powerful in this point of the game :D
I´m looking forward to it.

She lost them and now the only way to use them is stones