PDA

View Full Version : which one is cooler dark knight cecil or paladin cecil

Creeping Shadow
03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
i think dark knight cecil is so much cooler but thats my thought whats yours?

Del Murder
03-05-2005, 05:51 PM
I like Paladin better because a Knight that can cast white magic has always been my favorite type of character.

Martyr
03-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Dark Knight Cecil, because Paladin Cecil doesn't look exactly like he'd be naturally attracted to Rosa.

Rase
03-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Paladin, because he reminds me of the Knight character from FFI, which is my favorite. Also, the White Magic was handy sometimes.

Flashback007
03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Paladin. Cause I used to many times his ability to loose health and killed him that way in the Dark Knight version. And it's always handy to have a second healer in your party. That's why I liked it.

Destination0
03-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I dont know y but I like dark knight cecil

Cybele
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Dark knight. The paladin's white magic wasn't very useful to me because I had Rosa for white magic and before Rosa, I had Porom. His white magic leveled up to about the same level as Kid Rydia's would and then just stopped. Besides, the dark knight looked cooler.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Paladin Cecil can actually damage the undead, looks heroic, and has a special ability that doesn't sap an eighth of his HP every time it's used.

Flamethrower
03-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Dark Knight Cecil is cooler, but Paladin Cecil is better.

DJZen
03-08-2005, 02:37 AM
I think the only reason they didn't give Dark Knight Cecil cool abilities is because you're supposed to get rid of him relatively early on in the game. Yes, I know you can take him up to level 99 and he won't gain anything new. That's not my point :P

I'm sure that if he were meant to be with your party in the final battle as a Dark Knight, or even if it were meant to be an option, they'd have given him something better. Dark Knight Cecil sucks by design, not by nature. Just look at Dark Knights in FFXI.

The reason I don't like Paladin Cecil as much is because he's more of a boyscout once he gets purple hair.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Cecil's personality didn't change at all once he became a Paladin except that he didn't have to feel guilty about being a Dark Knight anymore. And however useful Dark Knights are in other games is irrelevant to how useless they are in FFIV.

Momiji
03-24-2005, 10:16 PM
I like Paladin Cecil. Holy knights are just... my thing. Sure, I would have had the Dark Ability over Cover or white magic, but I deal with it. Besides, Cecil HAD to become a Paladin to defeat Zeromus any way.

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I personally like the Cecil before you can control him when he fights on his ship, I mean that bolt attack would have been very useful, why did they have him use abilities he never had, that annoyed me...

THE JACKEL

Alder
03-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I personally like the Cecil before you can control him when he fights on his ship, I mean that bolt attack would have been very useful, why did they have him use abilities he never had, that annoyed me...

THE JACKEL

That wasn't an ability; that was an item that existed in the Japanese version. The lightning equivalent of a Firebomb, which exists in the US version and you can win from Red Dragons in the lunar core.

Anyway.

I think Paladin Cecil is cooler. He looks more heroic and more powerful. Dark Knight Cecil just looks like some knight. As a Paladin, he looks like a legendary warrior.

Sasquatch
03-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Dark Knight Cecil is cooler, but Paladin Cecil is better.

Good point.

Dark Knight looks cooler, and probably is cooler (especially because Paladin looks like a damn hippie), but Paladin is definitely better. Not for his magic, which I don't like because he doesn't have much magic power, and not just for his much better attack power or his Cover ability, but all-around. Plus, the Paladin in and of itself is better than a dark knight. Who could go on a quest against evil being led by a dark knight?

ehsteve
03-27-2005, 02:24 AM
If it was a contest of who had better stats, Paladin would take it easy. However, I liked Dark Knight Cecil much more than the Paladin.

Sepho
03-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Dark Knight Cecil looked nice alongside Kain in a party of two, but a strong physical attacker with the ability to heal himself and his teammates is quite a nice addition to the party, as others have said. A Knight with a good Spirit/Mag/whateverthestatisthatcontrolsmagicpowerinFF4 stat and a healthy stock of MP, who could cast the highest levels of white magic would be nearly unstoppable. It's probably a good think Cecil's White Mage characteristics are more akin to a side job.

Dark Warrior
03-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I think the dark warrior is cooler, but the paladdin is necesary. :p

The first time I've played, the change really disappoint me (My
main character became gay!!!!!!!! ):( :( :( )

So , I would like to have the choise about the way to finish the game (like Crono Trigger), between the Dark Warrior or the Paladdin.

KainTheDragoon09
03-30-2005, 06:11 PM
The DarkKnight Cecil would be USELESS if you had kept him throughout the entire game. Many things are Dark Elemental later on, and he would heal them. Plus, he NEVER gains ANY more abilities!! So even though he looks kewl, The Paladin whips him in terms of skills and stuff. But the DarkKnight looks cooler

beema
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Dark knight is cooler. Cecil literally looks like a CLOWN when he is a paladin. As far as usefulness goes, the paladin wins... but that wasn't the question now was it?

Gwelenguchenkus
04-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Paladin Cecil is not only cooler, but a billion times better than dark knight cecil any day.

Why?

He covers hurt characters, and has twice as much HP as his dark knight counterpart, soaking up the dammage for all of his hrut teammates, if the physical atacks are hard.

People don't realise that Cure 2 used on himself is incredibly useful when fighting enemies with mostly physical attacks. Heal cecil only with cure 2 while he is soaking up the hits, giving rosa a chance to power up for a big full party cure. Paladin Cecil has saved the party so many times with his cover ability I can barely even begin to count!

Paladin Cecil >>>>>>>>> Dark Knight Cecil.

Madonna
04-05-2005, 05:25 AM
You'd never get any new equipment for a dark knight. Good luck fighting those zombies wearing Black! Aha ha ha, hardy har har!

eestlinc
04-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Kain.

Buccura
04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I guess Paladin Cecil is cooler in both looks and combat. Though I still like the dark armor he wears as a knight.

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Being a homo sapien mamillian biped, both Dark Knight and Paladin Cecil have an internal temperature of 37 degrees Celcius. Neither is cooler than the other apart from slight fluctuations due to illness/extreme environment conditions.

Mercen-X
04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Looks-wise: nothing competes with Dark Knight Cecil. In fact, no character throughout the genre can compare except maybe the Dark Knight from FF2 and the Dark Knight Dresspheres from FFX-2.

Sasquatch
04-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Being a homo sapien mamillian biped, both Dark Knight and Paladin Cecil have an internal temperature of 37 degrees Celcius. Neither is cooler than the other apart from slight fluctuations due to illness/extreme environment conditions.

The Dark Knight would have been fighting fever and dehydration constantly, with all that heavy, dark armor.

My name is...something..?
04-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Dark Knight Cecil, even if he is weaker.

Tonepoet
04-30-2005, 06:09 AM
Hmm. Now how did I know you were going to say that Twilight ;) .

If you're just going by coolness factor and nothing else, I think an NPC you met early in the game sums it all up for me:

"Wow! The Dark Knight! A bit scary! ...But cool!"

nik0tine
04-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Paladin Cecil all the way. He looks cooler (At leas his sprite does) and he kicks more ass. What else could you want?

Dreddz
05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Paladin

Takara
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM

*chokes on milk, laughing*

Super Christ
05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Paladin Cecil looks a lot cooler. The first couple times I saw his sprite running sideways those things on his shoulders made it look like he had his arms over his head as he ran, like Superman. Wheeee!

Skarr
05-06-2005, 09:56 PM
dark knight for sure

KoShiatar
05-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Battle sprite: Dark Knight.
Status portrait: Paladin, for sure. Who could think Cecil was so cool without that dark helm?
Abilities: Paladin. I'm thanking the God of RPG for his "cover" ability, or better Palom and Poron are. And it's really worthy of a Paladin, too.

MoonZapdos
05-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Dark Knight, of course. DARKNESS RULES ALL!

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Dark knight by a long shot...

MushroomZOMBIE
06-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Dark Knight.It's always been my favorite job.I kill Paladins to eat them for breakfast!!! :D

Lawr
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Dark Knight is much much much cooler but
Paladin has better techniques/farts

Thank Zeus for his [Cover] ability!

The legendary Shadow
08-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Dark Knight for real!!!

cookieface
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
The dark knight looks cooler, but the paladin does more damage on dark creatures, so he is more powerful. The black wave move of the dark knight was a little useful, hitting every enemy, but it was really weak against strong enemies. Let's say Golbez was a powered up dark knight, or that Cecil would have been that powerful if he had remained a dark knight. Golbeze sucked, he couldn't keep up. Paladin is better. From the time I first played the game a long time ago, I was glad to drop the dark knight.

M_Knight645
08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Dark Knight & how do you use dragon wave

Freya Coral
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Absolutely Paladin Cecil! He looks a lot cooler, plus I never really found a giant use for Dark Knight Cecil's Dark Wave ability. It's only good for destroying large groups of weak enemies. All around, Paladin Cecil is much more powerful.

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Paladin Cecil, by far. He's better, and he looks cooler.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Dark Knight Cecil is way cooler.

Behold the Void
07-25-2006, 05:22 PM
This one's a year old. Stop reviving old threads.